Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I believe that UKIP intend to make the mis-spelling of Trafalgar a capital offence.

and making sure that people know that Waterloo is in Belgium

Tonight's "Pointless".

Category: England footballers called either "Peter" or "Paul", since 1980.

The two lowest scoring names?

Peter Withe with 2 and - staggeringly - Paul Merson, with 1. One! **** ONE!

I thought I was being obscure saying Paul Parker. Swine scores 19 :-/

Tonight's "Pointless".

Category: England footballers called either "Peter" or "Paul", since 1980.

The two lowest scoring names?

Peter Withe with 2 and - staggeringly - Paul Merson, with 1. One! **** ONE!

I thought I was being obscure saying Paul Parker. Swine scores 19 :-/

That's what I mean. Villa bias aside, I can kind of understand people not remembering Withe.

But people remember Parker and not Merson???

My mum loved that question. First thing she said was Peter Withe :) Likewise when they did the picture question where you had to name the members of the England squad shown - can't recall which comp it was for - but she said Withe again, and that time he was pointless

I believe that UKIP intend to make the mis-spelling of Trafalgar a capital offence.

and making sure people know that "Landmarks"  doesn't relate specifically to a country

but it also suggests that you think Mers el Kebir is in France as you didn't mention it :)

My mum loved that question. First thing she said was Peter Withe :) Likewise when they did the picture question where you had to name the members of the England squad shown - can't recall which comp it was for - but she said Withe again, and that time he was pointless

Yup, I remember that one (it was Pointless too) and I got Withe /smugmode.

and making sure people know that "Landmarks"  doesn't relate specifically to a country

but it also suggests that you think Mers el Kebir is in France as you didn't mention it :)

I knew / know where it is ......... just that Waterloo is a pet one for me - used to work often out of an office there and the number of times people assumed it was in France was very high.

p.s. Landmark's usually pertain to a country especially French Landmarks :-) so I sneer and shrug my shoulders at your impudence

I knew / know where it is ......... just that Waterloo is a pet one for me - used to work often out of an office there and the number of times people assumed it was in France was very high.

p.s. Landmark's usually pertain to a country especially French Landmarks :-) so I sneer and shrug my shoulders at your impudence

yeah I know where it is , I've been to Waterloo ....   thought it was poor form to build a railway station on top of it though ;)

The fact that I missed the Sunderland match on purpose, because I didn't dare to watch it.

I know what you mean. I did that very thing on several previous games this season. But (thankfully) I decided to watch that one.

I think not watching your club presents a no-win scenario. If I were a statistician discussing game theory then i'd talk about the fact that you're trying to minimise you're loss ,rather than maximise you're gain. But still, there's no good outcome to be had from avoiding a game; you either avoid a defeat, in which case you're unhappy because your club lost, or you avoid a good result, in which case you're unhappy because you missed your club winning.

The fact that I missed the Sunderland match on purpose, because I didn't dare to watch it.

I know what you mean. I did that very thing on several previous games this season. But (thankfully) I decided to watch that one.

I dont think I could do that personally. many times ive stopped watching as its bad like Chelsea game but id never intentionally miss a game from start

True enough. But experience tells me that suffering through a really bad performance makes me even more miserable than simply seeing the result later.

I've saved myself (and my loved ones) some very bad feelings a couple of times this season by doing that.

Sunderland though, I just felt compelled to watch it, despite the fact that I am by instinct a pessimist.

• Like 1

I think not watching your club presents a no-win scenario. If I were a statistician discussing game theory then i'd talk about the fact that you're trying to minimise you're loss ,rather than maximise you're gain. But still, there's no good outcome to be had from avoiding a game; you either avoid a defeat, in which case you're unhappy because your club lost, or you avoid a good result, in which case you're unhappy because you missed your club winning.

I didn't just avoid the game, I deliberately avoided reading about football at all until an hour ago :D - the plan was to resist updating myself on anything Villa-related until the end of the season (which, had I succeeded, would have disproved your theory, because it would have severely limited the depression from defeat/relegation thanks to the passage of time)

Sad life of a football fan :)

I didn't just avoid the game, I deliberately avoided reading about football at all until an hour ago :D - the plan was to resist updating myself on anything Villa-related until the end of the season (which, had I succeeded, would have disproved your theory, because it would have severely limited the depression from defeat/relegation thanks to the passage of time)

Sad life of a football fan :)

Ha, I can definitely see the logic in that. Hope is the biggest bastard of all at the end of the day.

Â