Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

My wife! One of her customers asked if she wanted to drive his Ferrari for a bit. She turned the offer down. Then gave me the WHAAAAT? look when I told her how dimwitted she is.

And of course, when I asked what model it was, "A red one"

:rant:

My Dad intentionally says that as a joke cuz he knows it winds me. "Saw a nice Ferrari today ...". I swear he almost waits expectantly for my follow-up question - which no longer comes :)

My wife! One of her customers asked if she wanted to drive his Ferrari for a bit. She turned the offer down. Then gave me the WHAAAAT? look when I told her how dimwitted she is.

:rant:

Sounds like the customer wanted to DHUTWU and she politely declined.

• Like 3

My Dad intentionally says that as a joke cuz he knows it winds me. "Saw a nice Ferrari today ...". I swear he almost waits expectantly for my follow-up question - which no longer comes :)

A mate of mine bought a VW Passat a couple of years ago. When his brother rang him to ask what model, he actually said "A silver one", without a trace of irony. He knew perfectly well his brother wanted to hear a string of letters and numbers, but he genuinely didn't know, or care.

A mate of mine bought a VW Passat a couple of years ago. When his brother rang him to ask what model, he actually said "A silver one", without a trace of irony. He knew perfectly well his brother wanted to hear a string of letters and numbers, but he genuinely didn't know, or care.

Hmm, well if someone has bought a VW Passat then 'a silver one' is about all I want to know :P
  • Like 1

Tonight's "Pointless". 

Category: England footballers called either "Peter" or "Paul", since 1980. 

The two lowest scoring names? 

Peter Withe with 2 and - staggeringly - Paul Merson, with 1. One! **** ONE! 

Tonight's "Pointless". 

Category: England footballers called either "Peter" or "Paul", since 1980. 

The two lowest scoring names? 

Peter Withe with 2 and - staggeringly - Paul Merson, with 1. One! **** ONE! 

They ask 100 people to name as many possible answers to a question. I actually saw the show tonight.

1 person knew Paul Merson

95 people knew the Eiffel Tower was in Paris

and somewhere around 90 knew that Charlotte was one of the Bronte family names?

Now im sorry, but I only know about the Bronte family stuff because a friend was going on about it last week, otherwise I wouldn't have a clue. I don't know who these 100 people they ask are but there is something wrong there IMO.

No, generally, I think it makes sense. It all depends on the demographic sample. I'm quite sure that vastly more people know at least the name of Charlotte Bronte than that of Peter Withe, or that he played for England. But only 1% for Paul Merson is disappointing, to say the least, given that he was tabloid-famous for being an Arsenal pisshead as well as a Villa player. 

don't they use the studio audience to build up a stock of subjects and answers?

I'd fully expect to be handed a questionnaire if I was in the crowd to go see an episode of pointless being filmed

equally, I'd expect a high proportion of that audience to have an interest in quizes, so 5 of them not knowing where the trifle tower is would be odd

don't they use the studio audience to build up a stock of subjects and answers?

I'd fully expect to be handed a questionnaire if I was in the crowd to go see an episode of pointless being filmed

equally, I'd expect a high proportion of that audience to have an interest in quizes, so 5 of them not knowing where the trifle tower is would be odd

I believe they use a market research company who conduct the surveys online. Well, I don't know if they've always done it online, but in the recent series Richard has made mention of the 100 people answering online.

The 100 people asked the questions for pointless don't know they're being asked questions for pointless. It, and other similar questions, are answered in the book, and it's been mentioned on the show too I think.

well it would be no use canvassing 100 people on VT for names beginning with P or French landmarks, by the time the 10th person had answered we'd have swerved into shitting on someone's nan.

• Like 3

Â