Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

18 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I've had to take all of the radiators off in my place to strip the wallpaper. **** me they're heavy!

At the age of 37 this is probably something I should have known.

My dad dropped a radiator on his big toe and broke it once. True story. 

Even though it happened before I was born I heard about it probably 879357474 times.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, bickster said:

It’s tomatoes in our house. They taste shit from the fridge. I won the war with eggs though

Ok please explain the egg thing to me. I've seen old people remove eggs from the fridge and put them on the counter before baking.

In our house we go through so meany eggs - we buy them in 18 packs - Amurican style - f*ck yeah yee hah!!

How long can you leave an egg at room temperature and not get salmonella? (keep in mind our house is between 70 & 79 degrees because I can't be arsed to get on the roof yet and fire up the swamp cooler.)

Edited by TheAuthority

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

How long can you leave an egg at room temperature and not get salmonella? (keep in mind our house is between 70 & 79 degrees because I can't be arsed to get on the roof yet and fire up the swamp cooler.)

The US is different, you don’t vaccinate your chickens

5 hours ago, bickster said:

The US is different, you don’t vaccinate your chickens

The problem with US eggs is that they wash the shells, removing the natural protective layer. THEN they have to be refrigerated, as they will go off much faster. We don't do it (because it's entirely unnecessary), so we can keep them at room temperature. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

The problem with US eggs is that they wash the shells, removing the natural protective layer. THEN they have to be refrigedated, as they will go off much faster. We don't do it (because it's entirely unnecessary), so we can keep them at room temperature. 

They also don't vaccinate their chickens, which is why they wash the eggs

We keep bread in the fridge, this annoys me but my wife says its because it has nowhere else to live. We used to keep eggs in the fridge, but now they live in a porcelain chicken. Tomatoes live in the fridge, bananas live with the other fruit, which irritates me, apples live with the bananas, my wife always buys a pack of 6 apples and I always bin 5 as no one eats them.

Just now, Seat68 said:

We keep bread in the fridge, this annoys me but my wife says its because it has nowhere else to live. We used to keep eggs in the fridge, but now they live in a porcelain chicken. Tomatoes live in the fridge, bananas live with the other fruit, which irritates me, apples live with the bananas, my wife always buys a pack of 6 apples and I always bin 5 as no one eats them.

See, we keep apples in the fridge but I'm ok with that because the missus likes to eat them when they are cold and I hardly ever eat them and I guess if there's more stuff in the fridge its cheaper to run

5 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

My dad dropped a radiator on his big toe and broke it once. True story. 

Even though it happened before I was born I heard about it probably 879357474 times.

Did ur old man also break his leg in the FA Cup final ? 

Is your last name Whelan ? 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

We keep bread in the fridge, this annoys me but my wife says its because it has nowhere else to live. 

IMG20230502105509.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

We keep bread in the fridge, this annoys me but my wife says its because it has nowhere else to live. We used to keep eggs in the fridge, but now they live in a porcelain chicken. my wife always buys a pack of 6 apples and I always bin 5 as no one eats them.

She seems sane.

• Haha 2

Eggs' buoyancy changes as they go bad.

In water a fresh egg sinks, they start to stand on on end as they get older. Neutral buoyancy to floating is a no no, unless its intended use is as a projectile?

Edited by Xann

We keep our tomatoes on top of the microwave.

This serves a dual purpose. One, they are out of the fridge so they actually taste like tomatoes. Two, the microwave is red, so its aesthetically pleasing and goes along with my general desire to group things of the same colour together. 

Â