Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I see Sainsbury's have seen Tesco got away with their clubcard prices bullshit and have done exactly the same with special offers now reserved for nectar card customers. Bunch of bastards.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, villaajax said:

Having to put £1 in a trolley.

Yes, for your information I did drive 13 miles to do a big shop at the big Sainsburys only to forget my £1 because who uses cash these days?!

I have one of those Pound-shaped tokens, which I keep in the car. 

• Like 1

Came to watch family run the London marathon this weekend, finally in the hotel, showered and relaxed, but at least we're in Canary wharf, nice convenient spot, and to top it off I got a really cheap parking space right around the corner.

Planning our exit tomorrow, the other half asked what time the road closures end. They end at 7. Some funny bastard has happily taken my money for a parking spot that expires at 18:00 that's within the route boundaries. Completely my fault but he saw me coming. I bet he was planning to be there with popcorn tomorrow evening

14 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Also turns out if you don't know how their **** travel system works and use the prominent ticket machines to buy a ticket, you just pay 3 times as much, because **** you.

I **** hate London.

Pick a card, any card. Stick with that one and use it for contactless travel everywhere. Job done. 

For extra piece of mind, register it on the tfl website, so if you forget to/can't tap out, you can let them know and not get charged for it. 

Oh, and you don't need to tap out on buses. 

You may hate London, but London loves you. With big sloppy kisses an that. 

• Like 3

Carpal Tunnel. 

I’ve been renovating my new house for the last 10 days or so. The first 7 days was 90% stripping wallpaper. And I was doing 12 hour days. 

As a result I’ve developed Carpal Tunnel. I’ve never had it before and always assumed it was some small, irritating sensation. 

It is **** agony. A combination of numbness, weird sensations (half the time my fingers feel like I have frostbite) and just pain. 

• Like 1

Apologies. Would save it for the boring thread, but been presented with the opportunity of combining a couple of posts from this page.

The last time I had a carpal tunnel like sensation was from pushing a shopping trolley around. It was slightly bizarre as I only pushed it for literally a couple of minutes and afterwards my one hand in particular felt like someone had caned my palm with a crowbar. A real sore, but seized up pain. Took a fair few hours to disappear.

For what it’s worth, I was pushing the trolley around by the upright handle bits, the sort of ears of the trolley. Ever since I just push it from the horizontal bar and not experienced it again.

I wish I could say it happened in London and that I saw Mauricio Pochettino doing his weekly shop and that I said “Alright Pochinetto!”.

It would further combine other posts from this page and also help pad out this tedious retelling of mine. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

A combination of numbness, weird sensations (…) and just pain. 

Like having sex with me, then. 

Edited by El Zen
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 2

I haven't driven into Brum for years now. I did today, and was reminded of why I hate it! 

Too much traffic, people driving like words removed and just general wankpuffery of the highest order. Driving back from Harborne even at 3pm, the tunnels in Brum were busy and Aston Distressway at a crawl. Some jizzgoblin in a Qashqai was swerving from lane to lane to try and gain 5 extra yards. Still ended up behind me. I hope they crash into a disused mine full of unexploded WW2 bombs.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Xela said:

I haven't driven into Brum for years now. I did today, and was reminded of why I hate it! 

Too much traffic, people driving like words removed and just general wankpuffery of the highest order.

It's happening everywhere.

It's scary to see the amount of arse****s that are allowed on UK roads today.

I swear half of these people behind the wheel of a car have got their driving licence out of a Christmas cracker.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Xela said:

Too much traffic, people driving like words removed and just general wankpuffery of the highest order. Driving back from Harborne even at 3pm, the tunnels in Brum were busy and Aston Distressway at a crawl. Some jizzgoblin in a Qashqai was swerving from lane to lane to try and gain 5 extra yards. Still ended up behind me. I hope they crash into a disused mine full of unexploded WW2 bombs.

You should witness the school run. The standard of driving and parking is by far the lowest you’ll ever see. 

• Like 3

I've noticed more and more VERY bad and arrogant aggressive driving lately. Without coming over all boomer I'm sure it's the GTA generation getting into real cars. 

Seen people turning left from the right hand lane at the front of traffic lights a lot lately.  Last night a souped up streetcar zoomed up the hill on the wrong side of the road outside Aston Manor Brewery as the traffic was queuing all the way. 

It's happening more and more. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I've noticed more and more VERY bad and arrogant aggressive driving lately. Without coming over all boomer I'm sure it's the GTA generation getting into real cars. 

Seen people turning left from the right hand lane at the front of traffic lights a lot lately.  Last night a souped up streetcar zoomed up the hill on the wrong side of the road outside Aston Manor Brewery as the traffic was queuing all the way. 

It's happening more and more. 

Yesterday I was turning right at a roundabout and there was a van to my left going all the way around the roundabout in the outside lane. 

Â