Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Why's can't we get back to proper telly like Its A Knockout? 

You realise it was European fIlth and we aren't in Europe any more

And don't get me started on that Peter Gabriel song about it but at least he had the good grace to give it an English title despite using the filthy French in the lyrics

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, bickster said:

You realise it was European fIlth and we aren't in Europe any more

And don't get me started on that Peter Gabriel song about it but at least he had the good grace to give it an English title despite using the filthy French in the lyrics

As long as Jane plays with Willy I couldn't give a damn. 

• Haha 2

*Gets given a nice bit of work, does a fast good job on it, back slaps all round*

Client - Great! Just this one thing...

*That one thing ruins everything*

Me, to the empty room - FOR **** words removed BASTARD BASTARD clearing in the woods **** **** words removed SAKE

*Smashes desk up*

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Xela said:

Sick of politicians pushing the 'get back to the office' agenda. Seems like every week some Government mouthpiece brings it up. Its a prehistoric way of thinking and generally pushed by people with a vested interest in commercial property portfolios. 

They talk about sustainability and net zero, yet want millions of people to hit the roads every day to sit in an office, when the job can be done quicker from home.

I go in when I need to go in. Sometimes its social, other times its to discuss a complex transaction with a few people. Thats the benefit of hybrid working. 

Same.  I get really annoyed by it all.  I had one guy phone me up really upset not too long ago as he can't afford the rent down here (he's a new starter just starting his career) and needed to move out.  He looked for properties that are affordable (and comfortable) but nothing was available.  He doesn't want to move into shared accommodation as he is quite a private man and I totally respect that.  The upshot of it is, I agreed that he can work from his family home in Yorkshire for however long he needs to and we also agreed that if there is a business need (e.g. to access systems not available remotely) that he would need to find a way to be on site.  He now books roughly 1 week a month into a local cheap hotel to make himself available on site and connect socially with the rest of the team.  I haven't asked him to, that's just the kind of guy he is and he should be applauded for that.  Forcing people to commute long distances on a daily basis is not the way to go. 

There is of course the argument that "they knew what they signed up for" when agreeing terms but times have changed.  None of our contracts have included home working, but they did include the line that their home site will be so and so.  Pragmatic solutions are needed (like for the guy I mentioned above) and as long as staff make themselves available in the office when there is a genuine business need then I don't see what the issue is.  For the record, my team has never been so productive or close socially since the inception of home (hybrid) working. 

Edited by trekka
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Sick of politicians pushing the 'get back to the office' agenda. Seems like every week some Government mouthpiece brings it up. Its a prehistoric way of thinking and generally pushed by people with a vested interest in commercial property portfolios. 

They talk about sustainability and net zero, yet want millions of people to hit the roads every day to sit in an office, when the job can be done quicker from home.

I go in when I need to go in. Sometimes its social, other times its to discuss a complex transaction with a few people. Thats the benefit of hybrid working. 

Noticed these huge storage warehouses that they are building all over the UK now, have hardly any cars in the massive carparks they build next to them, everyone working from home, what a waste.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I went in to the office today, it was nice to chit chat with people I don’t work that closely with. Had a coffee, a nice long shit.  Did **** all in terms of work. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Genie said:

I went in to the office today, it was nice to chit chat with people I don’t work that closely with. Had a coffee, a nice long shit.  Did **** all in terms of work. 

I was in the office today as well. Tea, toast and a very disappointing poo. I was put off by the panting in the next cubicle. Someone was either having a tommy tank, or an anxiety attack. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Noticed these huge storage warehouses that they are building all over the UK now, have hardly any cars in the massive carparks they build next to them, everyone working from home, what a waste.

Why are you bothered by this?

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I ment the land.

But if the warehouse is being used then it isn't. But I still don’t see why it pisses you off. It’s not your land, it’s not where you work, you have no stake in it. Why does it matter to you.?

4 hours ago, Genie said:

3 hours ago, Xela said:

I was in the office today as well. Tea, toast and a very disappointing poo. I was put off by the panting in the next cubicle. Someone was either having a tommy tank, or an anxiety attack. 

Was it the same office and what were you doing in trap number 2 Dave?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

But if the warehouse is being used then it isn't. But I still don’t see why it pisses you off. It’s not your land, it’s not where you work, you have no stake in it. Why does it matter to you.?

To be fair, if that’s the case then surely it’s in the right thread? ;) 

5 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Was it the same office and what were you doing in trap number 2 Dave?

Following the timeline of posts here on VT, I believe he was trying to google "prostitutes"

Perhaps @Xela 's entrance caused him to make one fatal mistake :detect:

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Xela said:

Best thing about our new office is individual toilet rooms totally sealed off from each other. 

Can have a nice Tommy without disturbing those next door. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

Â