Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

48 minutes ago, sidcow said:

As an aside I'm staggered people still watch these talent shows. That and The Apprentice. How can people not be bored of them by now. 

keenan says 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

keenan says 

spacer.png

Even he didn't bother with an Apprentice thread this year.  That says it all.  As soon as I saw all the female contestants with lip fillers I switched it off.  

Eurovision is great though.

Warm today... so it would be the day the air con in my car finally packs up for good. It needed a re-gas anyway, but now nothing comes out of the vents at all. 

Having to drive like this today to keep cool

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952lnh4oor29utu0gc1hl9

That'll be another wallet emptying bill to pay - along with my car tax (sorry, vehicle excise duty) of £675. Up £60 from last year. 

• Sad 1

On 13/05/2023 at 13:29, sidcow said:

As an aside I'm staggered people still watch these talent shows. That and The Apprentice. How can people not be bored of them by now. 

The only one I watch is bake off, I like the relaxed jovial nature of it rather than the faux drama + the person who finishes 6th aren't then on I'm a celebrity 2 years later

I can't watch any competition TV show or reality TV show where the actual prize is fame regardless of what you do in that competition

Edit - and the worst one for that is the apprentice, it wasn't just the contestants chasing fame... Trump and Sugar are every bit as bad, they had money they had great jobs and they would rather be famous, the billionaire hosts do it for celebrity status something which I destest, I don't know how people watch that shit

Edited by villa4europe

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why's can't we get back to proper telly like Its A Knockout? 

I think Total Wipeout was the spiritual heir for that type of show (“he done fell in the water!!” as Charlie Brooker would say).

Maybe the proposed return of Gladiators will cater to that audience. Can’t quite see it, personally. 

On 08/05/2023 at 17:22, mottaloo said:

worked a treat until one woman asked me if I could "smell the dentist".

The lesser known follow up album to Smell The Glove? 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I think Total Wipeout was the spiritual heir for that type of show (“he done fell in the water!!” as Charlie Brooker would say).

Maybe the proposed return of Gladiators will cater to that audience. Can’t quite see it, personally. 

The reboot of Gladiators already sounded like a bad idea before you learn it’s going to be hosted by Bradley Walsh and his son.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:

The reboot of Gladiators already sounded like a bad idea before you learn it’s going to be hosted by Bradley Walsh and his son.

Another one?

They rebooted it a while back but my only memory is the studio was way too small

Â