Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

27 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Maybe I'm flying on different airlines to you guys, but I'm not sure no response is impolite in this circumstance.

I only get annoyed when people who are asleep don't respond.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Erm, I use Ear Planes on flights and like f*** am I taking those out to be polite. Why would I want to ruin the first few hours of landing with weird spacey hearing, popping in my ears and minor pain

I'm perfectly capable of responding to a question even though they are in

Also, there are a lot of people on flights who really don't like flying and listening to music and ignoring what is going on around them is their way of coping, not sure why it's such an issue for other people to criticise their coping techniques.

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

Erm, I use Ear Planes on flights and like f*** am I taking those out to be polite. Why would I want to ruin the first few hours of landing with weird spacey hearing, popping in my ears and minor pain

I'm perfectly capable of responding to a question even though they are in

Also, there are a lot of people on flights who really don't like flying and listening to music and ignoring what is going on around them is their way of coping, not sure why it's such an issue for other people to criticise their coping techniques.

Ear Planes aren't word removed giant headphones playing music / a film  that I'm referring to  ..Ignoring isn't really the issue that's sorta  fine , I'm referring to the people that interact with the airline staff whilst still wearing them  

its not difficult , the airline staff ask you if you want something , you remove your headphones ,and reply to them , be it negative or affirmative  .. get your drink , say thank you and then put your headphones back on 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Ear Planes aren't word removed giant headphones playing music / a film  that I'm referring to  ..Ignoring isn't really the issue that's sorta  fine , I'm referring to the people that interact with the airline staff whilst still wearing them  

its not difficult , the airline staff ask you if you want something , you remove your headphones ,and reply to them , be it negative or affirmative  .. get your drink , say thank you and then put your headphones back on 

is this like people on their phone when at the (not self service) checkout at the supermarket?

7 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I just pause my music and respond.  What's the problem? 😐 

6 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

is this like people on their phone when at the (not self service) checkout at the supermarket?

don't get me started on them  .. I'd close the till if it was me working on it  .. don't' suppose I'd have a job for long though :) 

same with people when you are talking to them and their phone rings and they answer it  .. No , ignore it / switch it to silent  , finish the conversation you are already having then call them back  .. 

I'm sure someone will say yeah but it could be an emergency and your pet hamster is about to die , but if its that urgent and they've rung you a second or third time in 30 seconds , then I think the person you are talking to will understand you might need to take this call 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I just pause my music and respond.  What's the problem? 😐 

its's also acceptable :)  , you've acknowledged them by doing so   ..

I was going to write "or pause your film /music"  in my original post  and then I though No , I know VT  , some clever sod will write that doing so would take too long and they don't have time for you to flaff about  :) 

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

2 different things...

If I say no thanks I keep them on

If I say yes and want something I take them off, keeping them on while being served I agree that's rude and a no no

• Like 4

7 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

same with people when you are talking to them and their phone rings and they answer it  .. No , ignore it / switch it to silent  , finish the conversation you are already having then call them back  .. 

I'm sure someone will say yeah but it could be an emergency and your pet hamster is about to die , but if its that urgent and they've rung you a second or third time in 30 seconds , then I think the person you are talking to will understand you might need to take this call 

By their logic it's also perfectly reasonable to physically interrupt people during their phone call and EXPECT them to talk to you immediately.

Edited by Anthony
sp
  • Like 1

Sky Cinema are premiering Jurassic World: Dominion this weekend and have all of the other Jurassic Parks available to watch for free except for the one before Dominion, which can only be bought or rented!?! 

FFS what a stupid idea that is! 

(almost as stupid as sitting through all of them 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Sky Cinema are premiering Jurassic World: Dominion this weekend and have all of the other Jurassic Parks available to watch for free except for the one before Dominion, which can only be bought or rented!?! 

Wait, they're still making Jurassic Park films? 

wtf-david.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I lost a load of respect for the original cast appearing in that.  What an absolute scissors abortion of a film that last one is.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I lost a load of respect for the original cast appearing in that.  What an absolute scissors abortion of a film that last one is.

Not seen it yet but it sounds like the makers of the new JP films think they need to do wildly exciting stories such as missing kids and kidnappings rather than realise it's a film with **** dinosaurs in it

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Not seen it yet but it sounds like the makers of the new JP films think they need to do wildly exciting stories such as missing kids and kidnappings rather than realise it's a film with **** dinosaurs in it

Genetically modified dinosaurs because a regular T-Rex or velociraptor are so boring. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Â