Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Went to the office for the first time in about a year today, and some dickhead spent the whole day sniffing but not clearing his nose. Was ready to tableflip by about 09:03. Never again.

Alright, no need to get all sniffy about it. 

9 hours ago, bickster said:

Haha, I've been there in the late 80s. That was the scene of my second Carol Dekker Incident :mrgreen: 

She said no the first time mate! 

People faffing about on trains. 

Get on train... sit down... stand up and take coat off.... put coat on overhead rack.... take book out of bag... put bag on overhead rack... sit down... stand up and retrieve apple from aforementioned bag... sit down...

7 MINUTES later the train pulls into New Street and the reverse faff starts.

Just sit the **** down, stare ahead into the middle distance and shut your cake hole. Like me. It's not an airplane you cretin. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Went to the office for the first time in about a year today, and some dickhead spent the whole day sniffing but not clearing his nose. Was ready to tableflip by about 09:03. Never again.

WFH I’ve realised I hate my colleagues unless they are absolutely silent.

Someone had a bag of crisps at the desk next to me once and I was ready to stab him in the face with a bic biro.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Were you in America? 

One of the few (only?) words they have improved IMO. The British spelling just doesn't look right to me.

30 minutes ago, Xela said:

People faffing about on trains. 

Get on train... sit down... stand up and take coat off.... put coat on overhead rack.... take book out of bag... put bag on overhead rack... sit down... stand up and retrieve apple from aforementioned bag... sit down...

7 MINUTES later the train pulls into New Street and the reverse faff starts.

Just sit the **** down, stare ahead into the middle distance and shut your cake hole. Like me. It's not an airplane you cretin. 

Same on flights. **** me right off, every 5 minutes getting the bags down from the over head storage to get 1 thing out over and over and over again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Same on flights. **** me right off, every 5 minutes getting the bags down from the over head storage to get 1 thing out over and over and over again.

I’d make everything go in the hold 

you're allowed one book , one packet of sport mix and a bottle of Pepsi max … anything else gets confiscated 

Headphones are banned due to those clearings in the woods who don’t even have the courtesy to take them off when the stewards come around and ask them if they want a drink or snack 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Last year I managed to fly for the first time with just my phone, headphones, bank card and passport, no bag, no jacket, it's a weirdly brilliant feeling

Failing that I usually fly with a bag small enough to go under my seat and then maybe a carrier bag with stuff I know ill want for the flight like my switch or a snack or something and that goes under the seat - if you're flying with ass holes like Ryanair get yourself a boots, smiths or even better an old duty free bag, they've never bothered me carrying one of them on as my second hand luggage

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I’d make everything go in the hold 

you're allowed one book , one packet of sport mix and a bottle of Pepsi max … anything else gets confiscated 

Headphones are banned due to those clearings in the woods who don’t even have the courtesy to take them off when the stewards come around and ask them if they want a drink or snack 

More generally, people who are rude to the staff on a plane really really annoy me

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

yeah the O'Neils next door to it would have been the Wag club around that time (formally Whiskey a go go ?  )

in my IT days late 80's early 90's  I was quite often in Gerrard Street & Dean Street  putting computers in for various music agents and what not , we might have passed in the street :) 

Great record shops on Gerrard Street in the 90's.

Had a lazy week this week with work, just stopped at home working when I should have gone out, thought I'd leave it until today, go round a couple of sites all together. Unfortunately feel like shit today with the man flu, always happens when I'm bogged down with stuff to do, still gotta go, I'll have to fill up with paracetamol. 

10 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I'm very much of the same view as you with ignorant headphone words removed, but here if you don't want anything, why do you need to take your headphones off?

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'm very much of the same view as you with ignorant headphone words removed, but here if you don't want anything, why do you need to take your headphones off?

Because the flight crew don’t know that you don’t need anything and need to check = politeness.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Because the flight crew don’t know that you don’t need anything and need to check = politeness.

Maybe I'm flying on different airlines to you guys, but I'm not sure no response is impolite in this circumstance.

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:
6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Maybe I'm flying on different airlines to you guys, but I'm not sure no response is impolite in this circumstance.

Yeah that's also not how it works on any airline I've been on. They ask in the general direction of each row, and the ones who want something will certainly make it known to them. They don't need 160 individual responses to their question.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yeah that's also not how it works on any airline I've been on. They ask in the general direction of each row, and the ones who want something will certainly make it known to them. They don't need 160 individual responses to their question.

I just go with a no thanks, maybe I’m being overly polite. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I just go with a no thanks, maybe I’m being overly polite. 

FWIW I say no thanks aswell. It's just not a requirement.

Â