Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Haha, I've been there in the late 80s. That was the scene of my second Carol Dekker Incident :mrgreen: 

was that when she ordered the cream of sum yung guy :) 

© Waynes World 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Haha 2

Just now, tonyh29 said:

was that when she ordered the cream of sum yung guy :) 

No it was when she was wearing a ridiculous oversized hat, which we took off her head and all had a go at wearing but telling her what a fantastic hat it was (it wasn't)

Wardour St was full of music biz types back then. We'd been down for a meeting and were being entertained by some record company or other on expenses. Yes we were pissed and acting up.

As I remember it, I was the sensible one and put a stop to it which was kinda my job

• Like 1

I bought some new glasses from Poundland. They are the correct strength.

Unfortunately, whilst I can actually read wearing them, I have to have the reading material about a foot from my face.

This means I have to hold the laptop pretty much up to my chest. This pisses me off, but it shouldn't as the glasses were only a pound.

What really pisses me off is how hard it is to find glasses that are decent. These ones that are only useful at really short range, other ones that are too narrow to fit on my nose and you can only focus in a narrow band in the middle of the lens.

Humbug. It's interesting that Boots etc also have these little display racks with similar looking glasses on, but they're £25.

End of rant.

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

No it was when she was wearing a ridiculous oversized hat, which we took off her head and all had a go at wearing but telling her what a fantastic hat it was (it wasn't)

Wardour St was full of music biz types back then. We'd been down for a meeting and were being entertained by some record company or other on expenses. Yes we were pissed and acting up.

As I remember it, I was the sensible one and put a stop to it which was kinda my job

yeah the O'Neils next door to it would have been the Wag club around that time (formally Whiskey a go go ?  )

in my IT days late 80's early 90's  I was quite often in Gerrard Street & Dean Street  putting computers in for various music agents and what not , we might have passed in the street :) 

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

yeah the O'Neils next door to it would have been the Wag club around that time (formally Whiskey a go go ?  )

in my IT days late 80's early 90's  I was quite often in Gerrard Street & Dean Street  putting computers in for various music agents and what not , we might have passed in the street :) 

Yep, thats where we ended up next, The Wag

7 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Unfortunately, whilst I can actually read wearing them, I have to have the reading material about a foot from my face.

This means I have to hold the laptop pretty much up to my chest. This pisses me off, but it shouldn't as the glasses were only a pound.

What really pisses me off is how hard it is to find glasses that are decent. These ones that are only useful at really short range, other ones that are too narrow to fit on my nose and you can only focus in a narrow band in the middle of the lens.

Humbug. It's interesting that Boots etc also have these little display racks with similar looking glasses on, but they're £25.

End of rant.

You're short sighted, you need glasses for that.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

does anyone even look at Hygiene ratings ? 

I've been going to the Wong kei in Waldorf Street for over 30 years now , its hardly the height of luxury or hygiene but I still wouldn't go anywhere else for duck noodle soup and crispy pork , even if they told me the liquid for the soup was made form the tears of a unicorn 

My local Indian in kiddy got a 1 last summer, they owned it and desperately tried to explain it on Facebook and then show everyone what they were doing to improve it and eventually got it back up to a 4

They got the 1 cos they were caught reheating rice...that ain't stopping CTM and naan over here!

And I think the key word is "caught" they'll all be up to something with reheating and stocks and god knows what else

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

There’s places online that do prescription glasses for less than £10 delivered. I got some Superdry ones I wear for driving for about £20 or £25. 

Have seen those places but I cba with taking the risk of ordering frames, they arrive but don't fit my fat head so I send em back ....I simply have to try them on instore. 

What was the site you used, Dave ? Might still give them a go.

1 minute ago, mottaloo said:

Have seen those places but I cba with taking the risk of ordering frames, they arrive but don't fit my fat head so I send em back ....I simply have to try them on instore. 

I was just checking as I had forgotten, it was speckyfoureyes.com

I assume they come from China as shipping is slow. For me, just in the car I wasn’t overly fussed about fitting but tbh they were excellent. 

Goggles4u are another big online seller of prescription glasses worth a look. 

• Thanks 1

I used goggles4u for quite a few years, always good frames, good lenses, then I went through a spate of the frames cracking, happened to about 3 pairs, I have since stopped using them because of that.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

I was just checking as I had forgotten, it was speckyfoureyes.com

I assume they come from China as shipping is slow. For me, just in the car I wasn’t overly fussed about fitting but tbh they were excellent. 

Goggles4u are another big online seller of prescription glasses worth a look. 

11 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I used goggles4u for quite a few years, always good frames, good lenses, then I went through a spate of the frames cracking, happened to about 3 pairs, I have since stopped using them because of that.

I used mrspex.co.uk

They were excellent. You can order up to 6 frames, and just keep the ones you want. They only charge you for what you don't send back.

In fact they even tell you upfront it's quicker to just send them all back and order the ones you liked as a new order

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Anthony said:

End of rant.

I mean, you're buying glasses from poundland and complaining that they're not very good.  No shit. 

Best decision I ever made was to get mid range reading glasses for use at the computer. They're brilliant.  They are prescription though. 

I desperately need my eyes testing again. My actual prescription reading glasses were sat on in lockdown and held together by wire, permanently half falling off my face. 

Didn't really fancy getting that close to another person whilst Coronavirus was on the rampage, now I've just not been arsed to go. But I really should do as also have my diabetic eye check at the same time. 

30 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I desperately need my eyes testing again. My actual prescription reading glasses were sat on in lockdown and held together by wire, permanently half falling off my face. 

Are we talking Jack Duckworth's tape on the corner, or this guy ?

2017-07-29 Repair MK II.jpg

55 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Are we talking Jack Duckworth's tape on the corner, or this guy ?

2017-07-29 Repair MK II.jpg

when I was about  14 / 15 , a wayward Tony Daley shot at White Hart Lane hit me full smack in the face and smashed my NHS  glasses .. I had to wear mine something similar to this picture until my new ones arrived about 4 weeks later 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â