Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If I allow Mrs Sidcow to get to a take away carton such as Curry or a Chinese, she places them in top of the plate for reasons I cannot fathom. 

I do always wonder where they've been stood awaiting filling and packing. 

Probably my fault for buying food from rat infested hell holes. 

The best Chinese around me has a food rating of 1, the others are all 4-5 but their food isnt good. It's a real dilemma for me, the Mrs is a clear no on the 1. 

OK here's one.

In our bathroom we have a squeegee for wiping down the shower screen. 

Mrs Sidcow ALWAYS leaves it face down on the window shelf with the rubber blade resting in a slight depression at the foot of the bathroom window. 

If I leave it face up, I will see it turned around and face down in this little groove again. 

I've been thinking about taking this up with her for ages. The fact that it should be left face up so the rubber blade will drain and air to dry quickly and if she leaves if face down in this little groove it will sit for hours in the wet and the rubber will rapidly perish. 

But I just can't be bothered because she will just disagree and get pissed off about it even though I am 100% right. It's so obvious it's painful. 

Edited by sidcow

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

OK here's one.

Mrs Sidcow ALWAYS leaves it face down on the window shelf with the rubber blade resting in a slight depression at the foot of the bathroom window. 

If I leave it face up, I will see it turned around and face down in this little groove again. 

I've been thinking about taking this up with her for ages. The fact that it should be left face up so the rubber blade will drain and air to dry quickly and if she leaves if face down in this little groove it will sit for hours in the wet and the rubber will rapidly perish. 

But I just can't be bothered because she will just disagree and get pissed off about it even though I am 100% right. It's so obvious it's painful. 

You are 100% right, ask yourself if you can live with it or if you need to get a further shed to sleep in?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

You are 100% right, ask yourself if you can live with it or if you need to get a further shed to sleep in?

You got it. I'll just keep quiet with my silent protest of leaving it the right way round when I've finished. 

I actually might start turning it around even when I've not used it. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If I allow Mrs Sidcow to get to a take away carton such as Curry or a Chinese, she places them in top of the plate for reasons I cannot fathom. 

I do always wonder where they've been stood awaiting filling and packing. 

Probably my fault for buying food from rat infested hell holes. 

So the inside is super nice and clean but the outside is covered in rat piss and faeces?

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

OK here's one.

Have you tried pissing in the slight depression at the end of your shower?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

I always find the same people going by hygiene ratings in the UK are always the ones waxing lyrical about 'authentic street food' in Thailand and Vietnam and saying how wonderful it is, when its probably been licked by a dog and had a stray cats ballsack resting on it. 

Yup, you said it. "Authentic" is such a problem. In the US, I'd sometimes rather have a thoroughly artificial North American "taco" from Taco Bell than some of the grub that gets passed off as "Authentic Tex-Mex" or whatever.  

Sift through the exclamation marks, strange syntax and select words banged out in capital letters, and you'll find it. There, among 300 or so Google reviews of Melbourne restaurant Lee Ho Fook, lies one from a "Justin binko" some eight months ago: "There are two things that [sic] place is not 1) authentic Chinese and 2) nice."
If it's any consolation, another review by "Franco L" just one month later describes Lee Ho Fook as "really nice authentic Chinese food", proving that even Scrooges of punctuation can be generous with their praise.
Of the second charge: Not "nice"? Many will attest that chef-owner Victor Liong is very nice.
But the first charge – "not authentic" – is hiding in plain sight. One would assume that a restaurant that wears its "new-style Chinese" tag firmly on its sleeve does not care for authenticity – vexed, loaded and meaningless as that term has come to be when talking about food.
Authenticity is uncomfortably intertwined with the fat chapter in world history marked Colonialism and Conquest, as well as Australia's long history of migration, ethnicity and racism. Throw in "food" as an added talking point and you have something that's a lot messier than the twee, oft-repeated Australia-is-a-melting-pot-of-cuisines refrain.

14 minutes ago, Xela said:

I always find the same people going by hygiene ratings in the UK are always the ones waxing lyrical about 'authentic street food' in Thailand and Vietnam and saying how wonderful it is, when its probably been licked by a dog and had a stray cats ballsack resting on it. 

And I bet they close the toilet seat when they flush to avoid spraying poo particles everywhere but love going to restaurants where the chef has TB and scratches his bare arse constantly. Hygiene obsessions are always quite weird I think. Pretty hard to control unless you spend your whole life in your own home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ve just been asked if I could include little emoji’s in my messages in a little twitter conversation that’s going on as someone I’ve known for 30 years can’t tell when I’m being sarcastic.

I tried to explain that they should presume its all sarcastic, but no, apparently I have to further infantilise my thoughts with little hearts and thumbs ups and smiley faces.

For context, I’d told them to get back to work as I was sick and tired of my tax dollars funding their petty vendetta against a government that was trying its best to fight inflation that would spiral if we let everyday no marks like teachers and paramedics earn a decent wage.

Apparently that needs a winky face.

You could alweaqys piss him off further by just doing /s at the end of every post

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Xela said:

does anyone even look at Hygiene ratings ? 

I've been going to the Wong kei in Waldorf Street for over 30 years now , its hardly the height of luxury or hygiene but I still wouldn't go anywhere else for duck noodle soup and crispy pork , even if they told me the liquid for the soup was made form the tears of a unicorn 

11 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

does anyone even look at Hygiene ratings ? 

I've been going to the Wong kei in Waldorf Street for over 30 years now , its hardly the height of luxury or hygiene but I still wouldn't go anywhere else for duck noodle soup and crispy pork , even if they told me the liquid for the soup was made form the tears of a unicorn 

Haha, I've been there in the late 80s. That was the scene of my second Carol Dekker Incident :mrgreen: 

Â