Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

52 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

The lidl store near me barely have functioning human staff let alone self service tills.

I quite fancy the computer generated woman on the Co Op self service machines 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Lidl is great over here, probably my favourite supermarket

the one in Hungary way out in the sticks near my In laws is always full of German products so is kinda seen as expensive and fancy :) ( Hungarian stuff tends to be in Spa and Tesco )

I always stock up with German Marzipan and these fake peanut M&M's Lidl produce when I'm out there 

55 minutes ago, BOF said:

For me it's a more general 'you always punch up, never punch down' thing. In this instance rugby fans, as fans of the smaller, less popular sport can get a win by pointing out how their sport is 'better' than football.  Football fans, on the other hand, don't feel the need to punch down because they know they follow the better and more popular sport. They're less insecure and don't feel the need to pick on another sport to make themselves feel better. We just nod and smile politely.

Except that rugby (union that is) is seen by its aficionados as a superior sport played by more successful officer class types, so they are punching down in their own heads, and taking great satisfaction in doing so. Even though their more sophisticated sport gives you brain damage.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

People (OK, women) who refer to their cats or dogs as 'fur babies'. 

Got one of these on my social media. She kept her fur baby alive for over a year on chemotherapy even though vets said it should be put down. And then when he finally carked it, has turned her FB and Instagram into a never ending memorial to him, with "On this Day" snaps from 5 years ago, a funeral style video with Amazing Grace backing track, etc., long tribute posts.

What did lunatics do before social media

40 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

People (OK, women) who refer to their cats or dogs as 'fur babies'. 

My step daughter is struggling to get pregnant due to medical issues, so she refers to her dogs as her fur babies. In her case I guess it's a coping mechanism.  BTW @mjmooney that's not a dig at you mate just a response.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Got one of these on my social media. She kept her fur baby alive for over a year on chemotherapy even though vets said it should be put down. And then when he finally carked it, has turned her FB and Instagram into a never ending memorial to him, with "On this Day" snaps from 5 years ago, a funeral style video with Amazing Grace backing track, etc., long tribute posts.

Supported a football team 🤣

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I used to follow Supercar Blondies videos on fb for a while, I don’t know why as they were shit.

At one stage she started getting “reviews” done by some other model/bimbo who knew nothing at all about cars (apart from how to bend over in leggings).

Then a while later she did this full crying into the camera video about how she had to take step back because she was grieving the loss of a little one. She was trying too hard to do her “work” and pushing her feelings aside but wrestling with this grief. She had to bring others in to keep the channel going as she couldn’t face it. She eventually had to take a step back from her work for 6 months because the pain was too much. It was about 20 minutes in all.

It turned out it was one of her several dogs that had died.

I couldn’t believe it tbh. I thought she’d lost a child the way she was going on. She’s a multimillionaire living in a Dubai penthouse crying about how tough her life was for months cos her dog died.

I immediately unfollowed. Some people really don’t know what real struggles are.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Except that rugby (union that is) is seen by its aficionados as a superior sport played by more successful officer class types, so they are punching down in their own heads, and taking great satisfaction in doing so. Even though their more sophisticated sport gives you brain damage.

Countless dead footballers including Jeff Astle are wondering if you are confused

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Countless dead footballers including Jeff Astle are wondering if you are confused

The rate of brain injuries in rugby is higher, evidenced by higher rates of drinking teammates’ piss and necking pints of sick.

P.S. I really like rugby as a sport, but like football, the culture around it can be a bit shit.

Edited by KentVillan

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I used to follow Supercar Blondies videos on fb for a while, I don’t know why as they were shit.

At one stage she started getting “reviews” done by some other model/bimbo who knew nothing at all about cars (apart from how to bend over in leggings).

Then a while later she did this full crying into the camera video about how she had to take step back because she was grieving the loss of a little one. She was trying too hard to do her “work” and pushing her feelings aside but wrestling with this grief. She had to bring others in to keep the channel going as she couldn’t face it. She eventually had to take a step back from her work for 6 months because the pain was too much. It was about 20 minutes in all.

It turned out it was one of her several dogs that had died.

I couldn’t believe it tbh. I thought she’d lost a child the way she was going on. She’s a multimillionaire living in a Dubai penthouse crying about how tough her life was for months cos her dog died.

I immediately unfollowed. Some people really don’t know what real struggles are.

This is exactly it.

Around the same time this girl was posting about the trauma of her dog dying, I’d just lost two (human) friends in their 30s.

Like I’m sorry your dog died, it must be horrible. But get some perspective. It’s like your 100 year old nan dying. It happens. Did you not Google dog life expectancies when you bought it?

• Like 1

Look I am not one of them people but if someone wants to mourn their dog, it’s their experience and not anyone else’s. So let them. I miss my dogs like a really bad person but I deal with it in a different way, let them do what is right for them and not worry about what other peoples lived experience is. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Look I am not one of them people but if someone wants to mourn their dog, it’s their experience and not anyone else’s. So let them. I miss my dogs like a really bad person but I deal with it in a different way, let them do what is right for them and not worry about what other peoples lived experience is. 

You're probably right, but can we still post about it in things that piss you off

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

This is exactly it.

Around the same time this girl was posting about the trauma of her dog dying, I’d just lost two (human) friends in their 30s.

Like I’m sorry your dog died, it must be horrible. But get some perspective. It’s like your 100 year old nan dying. It happens. Did you not Google dog life expectancies when you bought it?

But pain and grief is personal. Her dog dying maybe the saddest thing that's ever happened to her personally. I can't really see why that would wind someone up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, picicata said:

But pain and grief is personal. Her dog dying maybe the saddest thing that's ever happened to her personally. I can't really see why that would wind someone up.

I wasn't really moaning about grief, or suggesting a dog dying isn't sad. It was a moan about Main Character Syndrome.

• Like 1

Â