Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

29 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I wasn't really moaning about grief, or suggesting a dog dying isn't sad. It was a moan about Main Character Syndrome.

Well, yes, the advent of social media has meant that everyone is the star of their own show should they wish to be. I'm glad I grew up in a time without it.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, picicata said:

But pain and grief is personal. Her dog dying maybe the saddest thing that's ever happened to her personally. I can't really see why that would wind someone up.

I’d be gutted if my dog died, I wouldn’t be downing tools for half a year because I couldn’t face the world though. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KentVillan said:

What did lunatics do before social media

They were ignored, and rightly so!

Social media gives a platform for buffoons*

* yes, like me ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, KentVillan said:

What did lunatics do before social media

Put dog poo in an envelope, seal it, set fire to it and post it through letterboxes, that and worrying sheep 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

The lad wanted to go swimming today and I thought I'd be good and cycle there with him on the back of the bike instead of using the car. I get a bit more exercise and we save some fuel. Unfortunately, for whatever reason the back of the bike went out from under me resulting in him falling and hurting his elbow and me severely hurting my foot to the point I'm probably going to have to go to A&E tomorrow to check if it's broken. Never not using car again.

Edited by Rds1983
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

The lad wanted to go swimming today and I thought I'd be good and cycle there with him on the back of the bike instead of using the car. I get a bit more exercise and we save some fuel. Unfortunately, for whatever reason the back of the bike went out from under me resulting in him falling and hurting his elbow and me severely hurting my foot to the point I'm probably going to have to go to A&E tomorrow to check if it's broken. Never not using car again.

I'll never stop recommending the minor injuries units instead of A&E after @Genie made me aware of them.

IDKWTCHA hurt her elbow in the week and went. She was seen in less than 45 minutes.

A&E you'll be waiting for hours and hours

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'll never stop recommending the minor injuries units instead of A&E after @Genie made me aware of them.

IDKWTCHA hurt her elbow in the week and went. She was seen in less than 45 minutes.

I've used minor injuries before and it's been successful. However I've also used them and they've told me to go to A&E. Will see how I feel in the morning and how challenging the lad is being, spending 7 hours at A&E by myself whilst my wife watches him might actually be a bonus.

• Haha 2

On 17/01/2023 at 20:09, bickster said:

John Lydon, 1978

Heard that before and never understood why, of all the things he had to say about him, he called him, first and foremost, "a hypocrite".

I mean, come on, being a hypocrite is the very least charge you can level against Jimmy f****** Saville.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

I've used minor injuries before and it's been successful. However I've also used them and they've told me to go to A&E. Will see how I feel in the morning and how challenging the lad is being, spending 7 hours at A&E by myself whilst my wife watches him might actually be a bonus.

Best time for A&E is about 8am from experience. The late night drunks are gone and the day-trippers haven't arrived yet. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

IDKWTCHA

My best, and only, lasting contribution to the English language. It’s not Shakespeare, but it’s not nothing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Xela said:

Best time for A&E is about 8am from experience. The late night drunks are gone and the day-trippers haven't arrived yet. 

Maybe traditionally.  Nowadays by 8.am the day trippers from yesterday are still in the ambulances and the drunks are still lying on the street. 

14 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Went to the hospital and there was a minor injuries unit attached to the A&E. In, triaged, x-ray, results and out again in about an hour. Which is fantastic.

No broken bones is a plus but strained ligaments around the metatarsal and told  to rest for 6 weeks. Will have to figure out a new gym routine for a bit as won't be able to squat, deadlift etc for a while.

• Like 2

On 27/01/2023 at 15:05, blandy said:

I went to the Supermarket to get some food etc. on Tuesday dinner time. At the checkout the lady said "the card reader's been playing up, you might need to insert your card instead of contactless. Tried contactless, it said on my phone it was authorised, but the till said it was not accepted. So we tried again, this time with a (different) card and into the reader. The reader said "verified" the till spooled out a receipt, the till operator lady said "I think that's worked" and gave me both the receipt for the "transaction failed" and the one for the one that "worked" just in case. When I got home I looked at the one that "worked" and it said "not verified", and there's been no deduction from my bank account(yet). I think I got 50 quid's worth of shopping for now't. I'm leaning towards doing nothing. I guess the Supermarket might get in touch, as the loyalty card will show them my transaction didn't go through.

They’ve just taken the money. Oh well!

Just now, GlobalVillan said:

People calling the Premier League the "Premiership". It hasn't been called that for about 20 years and yet I hear it often.

People pointing that out narks me.  Everyone knows what they mean when they say it. Just reminds me of the IT guy in The Office when he's correcting Gareth about Enter The Dragon or whatever it was.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

People pointing that out narks me.  Everyone knows what they mean when they say it. Just reminds me of the IT guy in The Office when he's correcting Gareth about Enter The Dragon or whatever it was.

I don't point it out to people as that would be annoying. It just grates on me that people use the word Premiership as I never liked that title even at the time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

WAY of the Dragon ;) 

• Like 1

Â