Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I've built a few dealerships, last one was the JLR on the Tyburn Road

During the construction we obviously got chatting to them about their business and how JLRs corporate identity is obscenely expensive to build and what kind of kick backs they get for doing it etc etc and the answer was basically next to nothing anymore, there's also nothing crazy in the sales or even used sales

Service bays however... £100k per year per bay profit... And that was 10 years ago, that's where the money is for the dealers

That monstrosity ;) 

Talking of Tyburn Road, I've used the Audi Dealership there. Felt like I was there to be fleeced. The service managers and sales advisors all think they are in an episode of the Apprentice. 

21 minutes ago, Xela said:

That monstrosity ;) 

Talking of Tyburn Road, I've used the Audi Dealership there. Felt like I was there to be fleeced. The service managers and sales advisors all think they are in an episode of the Apprentice. 

First one in the world, was definitley an interesting project

We built the building but it wasn't an audi dealership, it was mazda from memory, they swapped everything over after about a year

JLR as part of their corporate identity has crazy things like no cuts anywhere, the building has to be designed so that the 600 x 600mm floor tiles, ceiling tiles etc are not cut and that's just the tip of the iceberg, we had like 400 variations on the building because they were literally making it up as they went along, out towards Tamworth inside a huge warehouse they had a mock up one to see what worked and what didn't (the tata cladding panels didn't... They're **** garbage, kept buckling)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Xela said:

That monstrosity ;) 

Bet you fitted right in there 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Talking of shit customer service.

Had a case of the Ross McCormacks today... the electric gate at our complex wouldn't open. Rang the managing agent. They're a big company (First Port). "We are currently experiencing a high volume of calls..."

Fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu.jpg

The standard voice message nowadays. 

Surprised they didn't mention covid. Our GP's recorded message still does. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Had this yesterday. Apparently went well but won’t know until my follow up in a couple of weeks. 

Still got numbness in my arm but they’ve told me it’s going to **** hurt when that’s worn off 😂

Yeah it does smart a bit when it wears off, they give you some cocodamol to help?  I remember the most annoying bit was being told to keep my hand above my heart at all times to help the healing.  At least I got 4 weeks off over Christmas and New Year as I couldn't work as I worked with food.  Hope it gets better soon.

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yeah it does smart a bit when it wears off, they give you some cocodamol to help?  I remember the most annoying bit was being told to keep my hand above my heart at all times to help the healing.  At least I got 4 weeks off over Christmas and New Year as I couldn't work as I worked with food.  Hope it gets better soon.

Yeah cocodamol. The pain is just kicking in to be honest. Was wondering how long it would take!

Keeping it elevated is a pain in the arse

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah cocodamol. The pain is just kicking in to be honest. Was wondering how long it would take!

Tbh I didn't find the pain lasted that long but they didn't actually bother fixing the bone in mine as it was so close to the tip so may have been less painful.  I'd split my finger tip in half on a doughnut machine so they just had to sew the nail bed back on the rest of my finger and let the broken bone 'float' inside.

58 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Cocodamol is a great painkiller. It plugs you up though, so eat yer figs! 

On 04/01/2023 at 16:56, foreveryoung said:

Mrs car in for service today, wasn't sure how much it would cost and they looked busy this morning, so just asked them to give me a call. They called me 30 minutes ago, replaced the front pads and serviced it, without a call £450 thanks very much. I work in the motor trade, know all the tricks, so have asked where the call was with the costs, an some incumbent said we have just done what it was booked in for?? Gonna be a interesting conversation when I collect tomorrow.

Well? How did they worm out of it?

35 minutes ago, BOF said:

Well? How did they worm out of it?

I bottled it really, they gave me the 'we saw the child seat in the car and just took it you would have the brakes done as its safety related". An they just apologised for not calling me with the costs. I just said I would have appreciated a call, they gave me 10% off which I just accepted, an it was a young girl so didn't wanna kick off on her. If it was a arrogant **** I guess I would gave took it further.

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I bottled it really, they gave me the 'we saw the child seat in the car and just took it you would have the brakes done as its safety related". An they just apologised for not calling me with the costs. I just said I would have appreciated a call, they gave me 10% off which I just accepted, an it was a young girl so didn't wanna kick off on her. If it was a arrogant **** I guess I would gave took it further.

You're going soft on us :P  

• Like 1

That the Christmas Thread is closed when I want a rant about the idiots with their lights still up, or all of the Christmas stuff we've still got that we shouldn't have bought in the first place that hasn't been used or that I found some Christmas stuff about the place that should now be in a box in the loft or that it's going to rain all weekend so I probably won't take the outside lights down. 

Oh wait.... This is a good thread to moan about that shit! 

21 minutes ago, sidcow said:

That the Christmas Thread is closed when I want a rant about the idiots with their lights still up, or all of the Christmas stuff we've still got that we shouldn't have bought in the first place that hasn't been used or that I found some Christmas stuff about the place that should now be in a box in the loft or that it's going to rain all weekend so I probably won't take the outside lights down. 

If only there wasn't a worldwide shortage of new threads,

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Must drive you mad.

gremlin-gizmo.gif

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

Traditionally Christmas decorations went up just before Christmas and stayed up for the 12 days of Christmas 

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Traditionally Christmas decorations went up just before Christmas and stayed up for the 12 days of Christmas 

Traditionally there were no Christmas decorations.

• Like 1

Â