Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

2 hours ago, limpid said:

Traditionally there were no Christmas decorations.

Depends how you define tradition. There are traditions that go back to the middle ages or earlier. But there are also those that started more recently. 

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Depends how you define tradition. There are traditions that go back to the middle ages or earlier. But there are also those that started more recently. 

Agreed. But Christianity was invented about a thousand years before that.

• Like 1

Tesco let you scan their vouchers on their app at the self checkout tills. It works and processes the voucher. Then it prompts you to put the voucher into a physical slot and won't continue until staff come to override it. If I knew that, I wouldn't have bothered, what were they expecting me to do, insert my phone?

Absolute **** idiots.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Tesco let you scan their vouchers on their app at the self checkout tills. It works and processes the voucher. Then it prompts you to put the voucher into a physical slot and won't continue until staff come to override it. If I knew that, I wouldn't have bothered, what were they expecting me to do, insert my phone?

Absolute **** idiots.

Are Tesco still sending out the clubcard discounts in the posts? Actual physical vouchers, that you've had to scan. How er, 20th century is that

35 minutes ago, bickster said:

Are Tesco still sending out the clubcard discounts in the posts? Actual physical vouchers, that you've had to scan. How er, 20th century is that

I dunno, but they seem to gather more information on you than Google.

2 hours ago, Xela said:

State of the roads around here. More pot holes and craters than Kabul. 

They ought to introduce some kind of fund generated from car drivers in order to ensure the roads are properly maintained. 

Me when I go football by myself : leave a bit early, get there early miss the traffic miss the queues, peaceful, serene, perfect.

Me when I go football with the Mrs : let's arse about for 2 hours leave as late as possible hit all the traffic hit all the queues and by the way we need to leave on the dot at fulltime and try to get home immediately so sit in traffic for an hour.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, bickster said:

To be fair my gran ain't going to scan her mobile phone app voucher

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

To be fair my gran ain't going to scan her mobile phone app voucher

Yeah, I get that, so are you saying that Davkaus is your Gran?

I assumed that if it was an optional thing Davkaus would have opted into electronic vounchers rather than choosing to scan them himself, which just seems insane in this day and age. I don't shop in Tesco if I can help it, certainly not enough to warrant a clubcard but all my supermarket vouchers come in app or by email.

I went back on my New Year’s resolution today and contributed to the match thread. I thought today would a mundane but fairly genial experience.

Once again, I’m proven wrong.

Some credit must of course go to Stevenage for making me fully regret breaking that resolution. Lesson learned, you will not be finding me in there again for the foreseeable.

• Like 3

Â