Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Was just listening to an American sports journalist who said he doesn't like soccer because "it's not violent enough and there aren't enough timeouts for commercials"

:bang:

And they say Americans don't do irony... 

Mrs car in for service today, wasn't sure how much it would cost and they looked busy this morning, so just asked them to give me a call. They called me 30 minutes ago, replaced the front pads and serviced it, without a call £450 thanks very much. I work in the motor trade, know all the tricks, so have asked where the call was with the costs, an some incumbent said we have just done what it was booked in for?? Gonna be a interesting conversation when I collect tomorrow.

Ordered some stuff from Villa Shop online on December 22.

It was with the courier the next day.

The day after I get a "your shipment is delayed" email.

Two weeks later it's still with the courier.

Yes, you guessed it - Evri.

Why the **** a club of our size deal with these clowns, I do not know. If I'd have known they use Evri I wouldn't have **** ordered.

Email club shop- because live chat is "unmanned, sorry" (words removed).

Reply is generic and answers nothing.

Tomorrow I put a Paypal claim in.

Sad state of affairs, Villa.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Mrs car in for service today, wasn't sure how much it would cost and they looked busy this morning, so just asked them to give me a call. They called me 30 minutes ago, replaced the front pads and serviced it, without a call £450 thanks very much. I work in the motor trade, know all the tricks, so have asked where the call was with the costs, an some incumbent said we have just done what it was booked in for?? Gonna be a interesting conversation when I collect tomorrow.

Wife's car went in yesterday for "12 month service"

They collected and delivered, for £110. That's really great I thought.

Til they phoned me for payment and I found out they don't even do an oil change!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Wife's car went in yesterday for "12 month service"

They collected and delivered, for £110. That's really great I thought.

Til they phoned me for payment and I found out they don't even do an oil change!!

What???? An oil change is the essence of a service. All the other stuff is option to varying degrees, but the oil change is a must. 

(unless she drives an EV).

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Ordered some stuff from Villa Shop online on December 22.

It was with the courier the next day.

The day after I get a "your shipment is delayed" email.

Two weeks later it's still with the courier.

Yes, you guessed it - Evri.

Why the **** a club of our size deal with these clowns, I do not know. If I'd have known they use Evri I wouldn't have **** ordered.

Email club shop- because live chat is "unmanned, sorry" (words removed).

Reply is generic and answers nothing.

Tomorrow I put a Paypal claim in.

Sad state of affairs, Villa.

My wife ordered a mug from the Villa store, arrived in about 25 pieces. They did send out a replacement quickly though. 

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

What???? An oil change is the essence of a service. All the other stuff is option to varying degrees, but the oil change is a must. 

EV servicing is a absolute rip off. Nothing will need replacing, quick look around for safety, £320 for a Mercedes C Class, £50 cheaper than a fuelled version!!! Dealers cannot afford to do it any cheaper, once EVs are mainstream they will be F****ed.

Around October time, I went up Villa Park with my two boys to buy them kits after I’d seen they’d been reduced by about £15 on the online store, but they were still full price in the shop.

I know that’s not unique to Villa and a lot of shops operate differently to their online store, but I still think it’s proper daft.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Yeah, Ford oil changes are two years or 18k miles now. 

16 hours ago, maqroll said:

Was just listening to an American sports journalist who said he doesn't like soccer because "it's not violent enough and there aren't enough timeouts for commercials"

:bang:

We should invite him over next time we play Blues and let him try walking to The Sty. 

15 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

EV servicing is a absolute rip off. Nothing will need replacing, quick look around for safety, £320 for a Mercedes C Class, £50 cheaper than a fuelled version!!! Dealers cannot afford to do it any cheaper, once EVs are mainstream they will be F****ed.

One of the selling points of EVs is they're supposed to be cheaper to service.. There's **** all to do on them, so few moving parts. 

30 minutes ago, sidcow said:

One of the selling points of EVs is they're supposed to be cheaper to service.. There's **** all to do on them, so few moving parts. 

True, but they are not a lot cheaper, I'm talking Mercedes thought, not to sure of other brands.

31 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

True, but they are not a lot cheaper, I'm talking Mercedes thought, not to sure of other brands.

It's OK.  They charge stupido amounts for repairs.  £2,000 + just to replace a windscreen on a Tesla.  

They'll cream it in elsewhere instead.

17 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I've built a few dealerships, last one was the JLR on the Tyburn Road

During the construction we obviously got chatting to them about their business and how JLRs corporate identity is obscenely expensive to build and what kind of kick backs they get for doing it etc etc and the answer was basically next to nothing anymore, there's also nothing crazy in the sales or even used sales

Service bays however... £100k per year per bay profit... And that was 10 years ago, that's where the money is for the dealers

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I've built a few dealerships, last one was the JLR on the Tyburn Road

During the construction we obviously got chatting to them about their business and how JLRs corporate identity is obscenely expensive to build and what kind of kick backs they get for doing it etc etc and the answer was basically next to nothing anymore, there's also nothing crazy in the sales or even used sales

Service bays however... £100k per year per bay profit... And that was 10 years ago, that's where the money is for the dealers

I work for Mercedes UK. Your right that the money comes from service repair not sales, but that's is also dying, due to EVs and the point that there is no need to service at a dealer anymore to keep the warranty. You find its only people who can really afford to pay dealer prices go now. Dealers are actually closing at a rate of knots, 4 satellite Mercedes dealers have closed in the area recently, opting to keep only the big main dealers, although Birmingham Central went, but that's another story. 

On 31/12/2022 at 20:52, Stevo985 said:

Surgery booked in for Wednesday. I think it’s a bigger deal than I first realised. 

GA, can’t drive for two weeks, will need the Thursday and Friday off work. I really wasn’t anticipating it being such an issue 

Had this yesterday. Apparently went well but won’t know until my follow up in a couple of weeks. 

Still got numbness in my arm but they’ve told me it’s going to **** hurt when that’s worn off 😂

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Talking of shit customer service.

Had a case of the Ross McCormacks today... the electric gate at our complex wouldn't open. Rang the managing agent. They're a big company (First Port). "We are currently experiencing a high volume of calls..."

Fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu.jpg

The standard voice message nowadays. 

Â