Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

43 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Why do people say 'Not gonna lie', constantly and in the strangest circumstances?

Not gonna lie, I just ate my lunch, not gonna lie, I like dogs etc 

To be honest, I don't really know, to tell the truth. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Why do people say 'Not gonna lie', constantly and in the strangest circumstances?

Not gonna lie, I just ate my lunch, not gonna lie, I like dogs etc 

I'm gonna lie. It's all a big conspiracy involving aliens and candles. 

My plan for today was to have a proper clean and sort out of the flat.

I've done **** all and now I can't be bothered, which has pissed me off. 

• Like 2

Looking at the DIY thread.

I’ve never done any DIY in my life. My dad was useless at DIY and never taught me anything, I never liked DT / woodwork classes at school.

Always feels like a massive gap in my life skills.

But I think I’d be okay at it with a bit of practice. Has anyone else managed to pick it up in later life and how did you start out?

23 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I’ve never done any DIY in my life. My dad was useless at DIY and never taught me anything, I never liked DT / woodwork classes at school.

But I think I’d be okay at it with a bit of practice. Has anyone else managed to pick it up in later life and how did you start out?

I'm totally Heath Robinson. My proudest moment was on holiday in France in a rented apartment. The Missus and daughter we playing some game that involved the toilet door being opened and closed (I have no idea - don't ask) and somehow managed to rip the door off its hinges leaving some of the door attached to the hinge. Feeeerrrrk!

I took a trip to the local DIY shop and came back with wood glue and a clamp (and some screws iirc). The repair was superb, the door hung and in the words of Eric Morecombe, you couldn't see the join. Still no idea how I managed it

For all other DIY I may attempt, I have the bible

s-l500.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Me. My brother could do all of that stuff my dad wouldn’t even trust me to hold a torch but own home, family etc, so if I can do it I will do it. Currently I am part way through changing a tap in my motor home. I say part way as I have essential tremor and have some o rings I need to fit first and therefore need my wife’s far steadier hand. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm totally Heath Robinson. My proudest moment was on holiday in France in a rented apartment. The Misus and daughter we playing some game that involved the toilet door being opened and closed (I have no idea - don't ask) and somehow managed to rip the door off its hinges leaving some of the door attached to the hinge. Feeeerrrrk!

I took a trip to the local DIY shop and came back with wood glue and a clamp (and some screws iirc). The repair was superb, the door hung and in the words of Eric Morecombe, you couldn't see the join. Still no idea how I managed it

s-l500.jpg

That is as you say the bible. 

47 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

DIY is one of those things where it feels scary, perhaps. But, and this isn’t meant disparagingly to anyone, my attitude is “ it’s not complicated, people dumber than me can do it, so I can”. Plumbing, electrical stuff, painting, cars all that stuff it’s not rocket science. It’s simple ( mostly). A bit of self confidence (but not over confidence) and being reasonably intelligent is all it takes.

edit. Full disclosure I suppose. This may be me

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

That is as you say the bible. 

Another vote from me. I'm the same as Bicks - have go, even if it's a bit botched. In our first house I bought a full kitchen (from MFI) and fitted the whole thing myself (joinery, wiring and plumbing), with zero previous experience - couldn't afford to pay someone, so needs must. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, bickster said:

I'm totally Heath Robinson. My proudest moment was on holiday in France in a rented apartment. The Missus and daughter we playing some game that involved the toilet door being opened and closed (I have no idea - don't ask) and somehow managed to rip the door off its hinges leaving some of the door attached to the hinge. Feeeerrrrk!

s-l500.jpg

Haha. I have that exact copy. 

14 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

This kind of crap:

spacer.png

Newsflash missus - HE'S THREE, HE CAN'T **** READ.

Or maybe you put this shit on social media to make you look such a great mommy?

It didn't work, you look like a nobbette.

same reason people spontaneously do a good dead and happen to have a camera (or two) setup on a tripod to record it 

all about the likes 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

This kind of crap:

spacer.png

Newsflash missus - HE'S THREE, HE CAN'T **** READ.

Or maybe you put this shit on social media to make you look such a great mommy?

It didn't work, you look like a nobbette.

A wife of my mate put something on the other day, almost made me vomit. 

It was one of those “ask your kids these questions and post the answers”. Guess what, she’s an amazing mum who mostly loves to eat healthy food, spend time with her family and help others. They all love her billions. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Chef's prerogative on the bonus crumpet.

It still offends my OCD, because they should always be toasted (and eaten) in twos. Not ones, not threes. Twos. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

It still offends my OCD, because they should always be toasted (and eaten) in twos. Not ones, not threes. Twos. 

When we have a packet of 6 we inevitably go back for the last pair. Actually I can and do fit 3 in my toaster so that can be done in 2 rounds of cooking.

Everyone is only eating Warburtons right? No other crumpets are even worth bothering with in my experience.

Edited by fightoffyour

Â