Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Put a pair of trainers on ebay, 7 day auction. Geezer bids £7 over the starting price on the first day. All week it's had at least 10 watchers (most if not all having ebay sniper, I'm thinking)....but no.....only one bid in total wins the item.

There's me hoping for a frenzy of bidding 🙄

7 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Put a pair of trainers on ebay, 7 day auction. Geezer bids £7 over the starting price on the first day. All week it's had at least 10 watchers (most if not all having ebay sniper, I'm thinking)....but no.....only one bid in total wins the item.

I've got something up for sale on there now. Opening bid £149, buy it now £249, open to offers, reserve north of £200.

Guy contacts me

Hi, I'll buy this off you, it's my brother's birthday and he's a big fan of this. I'll give you £110 but my max is £120.

It took all my will to not reply with 'Ah, sorry, you can't afford it'.

• Like 2

I can't believe anyone still uses Ebay, it has lost millions of customers apparently. It's not only too expensive for the public user, (they'll be having around 20% for anything you sell, proper greedy), but also taken over by companies, there are no bargains anymore. Even companies are buying stuff to resell.

Facebook market place is the way forward, it's free too.

• Like 2

I always roll my eyes when I see the word 'cohesion' in a post about the football we play! 

It just pisses me off. Perfect for the thread! 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

That means you have the words removed turning up at your door... or more like saying "i'm on my way" and then disappearing into a black hole of lying words removed. 

95% of people using Marketplace are tools looking for free/cheap stuff so they can sell it on again and make a profit. 

"£100 cash 2day m8?" - As opposed to what? silver ingots? magic beans? bearer bonds? stamps? good intentions? **** off oxygen thief. 

Collection only. - "can u delivr m8?" - where do you live? "falkirk" GTFO. Why are you browsing the Telford Marketplace page. 

Anything worth less than £500 I genuinely think I'd bin/scrap rather than deal with the public at that level. 

I agree, but I'm the other way around. May aswell stick it on market place, if no real buyers, I then bin it. If you expect the wasters, it's no real bother.

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

That means you have the words removed turning up at your door... or more like saying "i'm on my way" and then disappearing into a black hole of lying words removed. 

95% of people using Marketplace are tools looking for free/cheap stuff so they can sell it on again and make a profit. 

"£100 cash 2day m8?" - As opposed to what? silver ingots? magic beans? bearer bonds? stamps? good intentions? **** off oxygen thief. 

Collection only. - "can u delivr m8?" - where do you live? "falkirk" GTFO. Why are you browsing the Telford Marketplace page. 

Anything worth less than £500 I genuinely think I'd bin/scrap rather than deal with the public at that level. 

Can you hold it for 2 weeks when i’ll obviously vanish off the face of the earth?

Is it still available? Yes. Silence.

Saying that, there are bargains to be had. It’s great as a buyer, far less so as a seller.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Theres not a great market for Heelys at the minute pal ;) 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 21/08/2022 at 12:55, Rds1983 said:

Wife's been away at a hen do since Friday morning leaving me alone with our son. 

She's been home less then an hour and is going on about how tired she is from drinking too much, being up dancing until 2am and even had a massage while away. 

She's announced she needs to relax and has gone for a bath leaving me with our son again. 

What the hell. 

You might as well just give her the house and half of your pension now mate, and save time ;) 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

One for the “never have I ever” thread but I’ve never bought or tried to sell anything on eBay or any similar site.

I've got nearly 700 positive feedbacks and there must be 50 that couldn't be arsed to leave any,  most of those were album purchases. 

I rarely check Facebook nowadays, but I just have and it’s getting worse. Scrolling down my newsfeed;

• Some meme page “suggested for you”
  • Disney+ “sponsored”
  • A news article “suggested for you”
  • Some more suggested groups to follow
  • A horror page “suggested for you”
  • Louis Vuitton “sponsored”
  • Some random reels and shorts
  • Sportsjoe.ie “suggested for you”
  • Worcester City Run “suggested for you”

It took me aaaages to finally get to what I was there for; someone I vaguely remember from school commenting on someone I don’t know’s photo of some kids I don’t know. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I rarely check Facebook nowadays, but I just have and it’s getting worse. Scrolling down my newsfeed;

• Some meme page “suggested for you”
  • Disney+ “sponsored”
  • A news article “suggested for you”
  • Some more suggested groups to follow
  • A horror page “suggested for you”
  • Louis Vuitton “sponsored”
  • Some random reels and shorts
  • Sportsjoe.ie “suggested for you”
  • Worcester City Run “suggested for you”

It took me aaaages to finally get to what I was there for; someone I vaguely remember from school commenting on someone I don’t know’s photo of some kids I don’t know. 

But you didn't get your 64 year old aunty telling you what colour unicorn she is? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Xela said:

Theres not a great market for Heelys at the minute pal ;) 

They’ve now banned them in sainsbury mere green. 

Seems like someone grassed on me 😡

Twitter in general but more specifically today, pointless player after game tweets.

This morning the club retweeting them all saying pretty much same thing they have been told to put.

Today its Job done next week it will probably be tough one to take we go again

Everyone knows it fake its just completely pointless 

18 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

This bloke...

spacer.png

I appreciate he's making a good living from these 'impression' videos and some people find him funny but **** me, I'd rather be given the Ludovico Technique whilst watching a box set of Last of the Summer Wine.

Annoying rocket polisher.

I really have no idea why people keep watching his shite. 

Â