Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I have not watched SSN for the longest time,  but had it on Saturday morning to get me hyped for the first game of the season.

It was literally two forty year old gimps reading tweets endlessly.

How did it come to this.

It's the same as Talkshite

I gave up on both of them ages ago

Push button taps in pubs and restaurants that when you press them the water flow lasts less than five seconds.

How the heck are you supposed to wash your hands properly when you've got to keep one pressed on the bloody tap?

And it's the same with some hand dryers that go off as soon as you put your hand under them. 

Why?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Push button taps in pubs and restaurants that when you press them the water flow lasts less than five seconds.

How the heck are you supposed to wash your hands properly when you've got to keep one pressed on the bloody tap?

And it's the same with some hand dryers that go off as soon as you put your hand under them. 

Why?

to conserve power and water

19 minutes ago, bickster said:

Does belong in this thread though.

There's a happy middle ground between letting punters leave the taps running for minutes on end, and the kind of shit taps that literally turn off a second after you let go so it's impossible to clean your hands properly because you're constantly touching a surface other people's pissy hands have been on. Most pubs get nowhere near getting it right though.

I'll chuck it in the bin with pubs that can't be bothered to fix the locks on their cubicles. Great beer, great food, a nice building in a decent location, and you won't spend a few quid putting a new lock on a door so someone can shit in peace? 

• Like 4

Just now, Davkaus said:

There's a happy middle ground between letting punters leave the taps running for minutes on end, and the kind of shit taps that literally turn off a second after you let go so it's impossible to clean your hands properly because you're constantly touching a surface other people's pissy hands have been on. Most pubs get nowhere near getting it right though.

I'll chuck it in the bin with pubs that can't be bothered to fix the locks on their cubicles. Great beer, great food, a nice building in a decent location, and you won't spend a few quid putting a new lock on a door so someone can shit in peace? 

Having just come out of the bog iin the garage, they have those electronic sensor taps and the same for the shitter flush. This should be standard these days

24 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yeah but it doesn't help with hygiene.

There's already too many blokes who are walkers and don't even bother washing their hands.

Now there's another one

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

The number of times I've been to a pub or restaurant after multi billion pound refits.   The front of house is extraordinary, all shiny and new,  amazing decor, super plush sofas and chairs. 

You go in the bogs and they're still the same shitty ones with paint flaking off the radiator and bust locks on the cubicle doors. Amazing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The number of times I've been to a pub or restaurant after multi billion pound refits.   The front of house is extraordinary, all shiny and new,  amazing decor, super plush sofas and chairs. 

You go in the bogs and they're still the same shitty ones with paint flaking off the radiator and bust locks on the cubicle doors. Amazing. 

It's like the motortrade mate. Super shiny multi million pound showrooms with free coffee and posh biscuits, leather sofas. Out the back the workshops a shit hole, bogs stink as only get cleaned by the trainee and the workshop offices have salesman cast off chairs and furniture, ohh an generally old PCs too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

It's like the motortrade mate. Super shiny multi million pound showrooms with free coffee and posh biscuits, leather sofas. Out the back the workshops a shit hole, bogs stink as only get cleaned by the trainee and the workshop offices have salesman cast off chairs and furniture, ohh an generally old PCs too.

Serves them right the filthy grease monkeys 😂🤣😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, ccfcman said:

How about the PA that is screaming "put a pen in your hand" over their earpieces. To trick the 16 year olds who believe SSN is gospel, putting a pen in the hand of anyone speaking so they appear like an intellectual.

I give you exhibit A. Two men, standing without desks and with no paper in sight, but they have the pens. So they're smart, and are in no way lying.

ssn.JPG

Don't think that this is limited to SSN, you'll find this repeated in any bad talk show or game show on any trashy tv - ITV and Sky (are very guilty of this).

This is how low of an opinion tv companies have of their viewers.

I’m not saying what you’re saying isn’t true, but I have to admit I do this all the time when I’m presenting stuff at work. It’s not to look intelligent, it’s to give my hands something to do so I don’t have to think about where to put them

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I’m not saying what you’re saying isn’t true, but I have to admit I do this all the time when I’m presenting stuff at work. It’s not to look intelligent, it’s to give my hands something to do so I don’t have to think about where to put them

Which is totally normal for some one in the workplace. These lot are on tv, so it's an intentional prop added by SSN producers.

• Like 1

The perversion of Teslas. 

They’re nice cars. Fine. But the amount of people who have tiktok accounts or instagrams dedicated to their Teslas. What the  ****? Nobody cares that you own a Tesla 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

They’re nice cars. Fine. But the amount of people who have tiktok accounts or instagrams dedicated to their Teslas. What the  ****? Nobody cares that you own a Tesla 

I wouldn't even go that far... 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Status and image. 30 years ago they'd have been Lambos, tricked out SUVs, high end saloons, now it's the expensive, elite, advanced, socially conscious posing pouch on wheels.

I don’t think Tesla’s exterior designs have aged well at all. They look dated already to me. The quality is still appalling (off the scale bad). 

Musk has been selling his stocks aggressively since last November so it could be going down the pan. He said before some of the factories are furnaces burning tonnes of money. 

• Like 1

Â