Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

My next door neighbour has a model x, it's not a nice car

Its also hard to say over the status thing because if you know where you're looking there's loads of grants and money off deals on them (maybe because it's electric maybe because of the super factory in Berlin) so I'd sit here saying he's mad to take a model x over say the cheaper etron but then when alls said and done you can get a Tesla for circa €500 a month making it a "cheap" car

Which then goes back to the status thing... Its not as special a car as its made out to be 

I'd take a polestar over one personally

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

My next door neighbour has a model x, it's not a nice car

Its also hard to say over the status thing because if you know where you're looking there's loads of grants and money off deals on them (maybe because it's electric maybe because of the super factory in Berlin) so I'd sit here saying he's mad to take a model x over say the cheaper etron but then when alls said and done you can get a Tesla for circa €500 a month making it a "cheap" car

Which then goes back to the status thing... Its not as special a car as its made out to be 

I'd take a polestar over one personally

Polestar the worst for initial quality by some margin, Tesla up a bit from where it was last year.

2022071a.JPG?itok=3hvuEMAj

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Polestar the worst for initial quality by some margin, Tesla up a bit from where it was last year.

2022071a.JPG?itok=3hvuEMAj

7/11 top quality cars are American? In a US study, by a US company.

It's probably correct but

1Ht9.gif

14 minutes ago, Tegis said:

7/11 top quality cars are American? In a US study, by a US company.

It's probably correct but

1Ht9.gif

It’s the biggest study of its kind, but yes it’s mainly American car owners.

The other thing that always skews these are that the lower tech companies bringing older generation powertrains, driver assistance, infotainment etc tend to be nearer the top.

High tech brands bringing new technology forward suffer more as the glitches get reported a faults.

There needs to be some kind of weighting to allow for complexity and tech.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

Status and image. 30 years ago they'd have been Lambos, tricked out SUVs, high end saloons, now it's the expensive, elite, advanced, socially conscious posing pouch on wheels.

But lambos etc are premium expensive cars. Teslas aren't, really. Yeah they're not cheap but they're not outrageous. They start at about 35k don't they? 

Nobody is making tiktoks about their VW Tiguan though

13 minutes ago, El Zen said:

I genuinely think my Skoda looks better than a Tesla. 

I think a Ford Mondeo looks better than a Tesla. I really hate the shape of them. The backend looks like a saloon that was reversed into a steel wall

24 minutes ago, chappy said:

For me, cars are a way of getting from a to b, not bothered what it looks like.

Music to my ears.   I've been trying to sell my car for years

image.png.815230a61ffccd4cb668153a509e6476.png

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Davkaus said:

There's an owner of a model X and a model 3 near me, both in white, ands the plain white, cheap plastic looking front reminds me of a bathtub.

I can appreciate the tech in them but they look shit. Definition of a white goods vehicle. Panel gaps so wide you could stick your fist in (kw.jpg)

Give me a Hyundai/Kia any day of the week, if I was in the market for an EV. 

• Like 2

I have driven most of the premium electric cars on a training  course I went on. It was mainly to test the new Mercedes EQ range. Even though I should be bias, the Audi E-tron GT was the best EV for me. I drove a Tesla plaid, which is the ultra fast one, although I didn't get to test the performance really, as it takes about 10 minutes to set up in ludicrous mode, then you have plaid mode which apparently is insanely quick. Your right in it has very poor build quality, which the Mercedes training staff were more than happy to point out.

The issue I have been told with Telsa is, when most manufactures are launching there new vehicle on the road, they are already researching and building the next model update. Where as Tesla, pretty much, have no idea at the moment where they are going next.

17 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

The issue I have been told with Telsa is, when most manufactures are launching there new vehicle on the road, they are already researching and building the next model update. Where as Tesla, pretty much, have no idea at the moment where they are going next.

Feel like shorting Tesla stock when hear things like this.  One for the investments thread.

Â