Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

they've put more time and effort in to infrastructure to support what they've already got haven't they?

such as the £4bn factory in Berlin which I'm guessing gives them better access to the European market and their main factory in Texas which is somewhere in the region of $10bn total investment

sounds like they couldn't expand too fast because they couldn't build the cars to meet the demand, now they can so grow the customer base, introduce the 4x4 and the van and then more cars

edit - the texas factory is the 2nd largest building in the world by volume behind the boeing factory but its the largest building by floor space, its roughly 2.5m times the size of the boeing factory, its **** monstrous, wiki tells me its 5x the floor space of the NEC

Edited by villa4europe

19 hours ago, chappy said:

For me, cars are a way of getting from a to b, not bothered what it looks like.

I must partially agree as I've had the same car for over 13 years. Never wanted to change it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

The issue I have been told with Telsa is, when most manufactures are launching there new vehicle on the road, they are already researching and building the next model update. Where as Tesla, pretty much, have no idea at the moment where they are going next.

Not sure where you got that from. Tesla have 4 cars now, and cybertruck to come. Their scale is completely different to the massive manufacturers.

Mercedes or BMW or whoever must have 10 times that. Tesla are unique and are still learning in terms of build quality, they are less than 20 years old.

Their tech and network are unmatched. Certainly people are entitled to opinions on their looks.

Edited by Mr_Dogg
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

That @Intel Evo', advert with Jamie Fox and his daughter is just awful. An what the **** is he wearing, must just be one for the Mericians.

Haha I’ve thought this too. 

Surprised he doesn’t own a phone, tablet or other internet enabled device. 

On 17/08/2022 at 15:19, bickster said:

I think a Ford Mondeo looks better than a Tesla. I really hate the shape of them. The backend looks like a saloon that was reversed into a steel wall

It's like IKEA stuff,  made to appeal to the many.
Wet bar of soap car design 101,  make that a bit smooth on the corners,  that'll do.  Gold cost, Pound shop design.  Tat.

My brother has got a Taycan,  different potatoes.

People being clearings in the woods.

I've had 3 in the last 24 hours. I normally avoid confrontation but I just snapped and sent an email to a difficult work colleague. After I asked her to fix a problem she wrote back with an example of how I should have written the email !?! WTF? Just fix the problem.

I responded by asking her if she thinks it's appropriate to write to someone in that way rather than just rectifying the issue.

Now I'm dreading what comes next.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I've had 3 in the last 24 hours. I normally avoid confrontation but I just snapped and sent an email to a difficult work colleague. After I asked her to fix a problem she wrote back with an example of how I should have written the email !?! WTF? Just fix the problem.

I responded by asking her if she thinks it's appropriate to write to someone in that way rather than just rectifying the issue.

Oh, how I don't miss work. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

You have to be so careful nowadays as people will stab you in the back as look at you. 

Was the work problem the causing of the person you emailed? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

You have to be so careful nowadays as people will stab you in the back as look at you. 

Was the work problem the causing of the person you emailed? 

I'm not sure who caused the problem but this girl is certainly my first point of call to get it fixed (my 1st email to her about it was August 9th!)

My MO is never to respond like that and just let things go, but I have just had enough today. Working for a wokey wokey University where you can get in trouble for using someones pronouns incorrectly is scary. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

My MO is never to respond like that and just let things go, but I have just had enough today. Working for a wokey wokey University where you can get in trouble for using someones pronouns incorrectly is scary

So an old skool DHUTWU might not be the best idea then ? 🤔

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Working for a wokey wokey University where you can get in trouble for using someones pronouns incorrectly is scary. 

I worked at a university for 28 years. Got out before the PC stuff got too much. Although we did get the website for our staff football team taken down for scurrilous content. I was a bit miffed as I'd put a fair bit of work into setting it up. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I think in this case, probably not the best way to rectify the situation.

Ah sorry man, didn't mean to be insensitive.

Apologies and hope you get it sorted 👍

Just now, mottaloo said:

Ah sorry man, didn't mean to be insensitive.

Apologies and hope you get it sorted 👍

Not at all!

I liked your joke - I’m just down in the dumps today.

She’s just the 3rd asshole I’ve had to deal with in the space of 12 hours!

• Thanks 1

Â