Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

12 hours ago, Genie said:

The people at work who have a confident demeanour, but are ultimately useless.

Where so they get their confidence from? 

For me it's just that I'm full of bullshit and totally shameless. 

• Like 1

I walked through the ICC today. 

Subway have taken over the ground floor restaurant. I am not sure that I found it disgusting but I can confirm the whole foyer of the ICC did reek of it. 

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

This is so true, too much process to even b*****k someone these days, like you have to ask HR if you can even do it, then it needs to be logged as a verbal warning, although you just want to tell them to pick it up a bit. Generally you can't say anything as you would have in the old days, unless they have shot someone, or kicked a minority in the balls for being a minority.

Did I mention HR are generally useless too, they do everything they have read in the book of HR, no real understanding of the stresses of work.

Indeed it's bloody hard to tell someone outright.  Got to do it via a standardised process  eg .one to one's etc where the sh*t get highlighted and get them to work to agreed targets.  Build up the evidence of a period of time makes it easy when you go to HR to progress it.  It's win-win, they either buck up and do it,  f*ck off as they can't be arsed or f*ck it up which makes it easy to go to hr.

The last time I had to do it HR were surprised i had 9 months of documentation.  Like you said HR are generally just reading the manual and don't actually get it, but I did have a good HR lead where I used to work.

8 hours ago, El Zen said:

I seem to have developed a taste for (sugar free) Red Bull, and I am absolutely disgusted with myself for it. 

I like the cheaper supermarket own brand alternative.

24 cans a week :)

• Shocked 2

2 hours ago, JoshVilla said:

The scene in Bohemian Rhapsody where "Roger" is being told to sing higher when recording BR, then in the following take he's singing the same notes that he was singing before.

its a good film thats surprisingly not very good in a lot of ways

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sidcow said:

I walked through the ICC today. 

Subway have taken over the ground floor restaurant. I am not sure that I found it disgusting but I can confirm the whole foyer of the ICC did reek of it. 

They had a kiosk for a few years. Is it the Starbucks they have taken over?

1 minute ago, Xela said:

They had a kiosk for a few years. Is it the Starbucks they have taken over?

Don't know, I only glanced at it. Maybe it is just a kiosk. Stank the place out though. 

The Mrs went to centenary square today to take our lad to see the bull and buy him a little Perry Bull. Came back with a small Perry Bull a Medium Perry Bull and a Commonwealth games T Shirt for him, all for a bargain £70 quid. 😮

He did go to hospital today though for a check up an blood test, so can just about allow it (biting my tongue). 😀

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

The Mrs went to centenary square today to take our lad to see the bull and buy him a little Perry Bull. Came back with a small Perry Bull a Medium Perry Bull and a Commonwealth games T Shirt for him, all for a bargain £70 quid. 😮

He did go to hospital today though for a check up an blood test, so can just about allow it (biting my tongue). 😀

Hope the little fella is ok👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Alexa volume from 5 to 6 seems like a massive jump.  I feel like for background music listening whilst working 5.5 would be ideal.

Volume 4 to 5 doesn't seem like a big jump but when you get to 6 it becomes quite intrusive.

It probably is even but it doesn't seem like it.  I just wish there was less of a jump between settings.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The Alexa volume from 5 to 6 seems like a massive jump.  I feel like for background music listening whilst working 5.5 would be ideal.

Volume 4 to 5 doesn't seem like a big jump but when you get to 5 it becomes quite intrusive.

It probably is even but it doesn't seem like it.  I just wish there was less of a jump between settings.

This is a general annoyance I have with many things like TV, Phone etc. The steps are too big and irregular. Let’s get back to a sliding volume control (physical or digital) so we can set it exactly where we want it

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Anthony said:

The rogue apostrophe in the 'How will mankind meet it's end' thread.

Somebody changed it. Never underestimate the power of a passive-aggressive written complaint. My work here is done.

Â