Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Its not a case of using the postcode. They get in sit down and just say L24 3HG. Do I look like I have any form of sat nav ready to take this information

I'll also ask the question, what is the name of the street.... ummmm

Postcodes are the last resort

That’s why people use Uber 

get in Taxi , say alright mate and off you go 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

No idea why, taxi meters have worked on distance since... since taxi meters were invented

Isn't it a combination of both? Primarily distance but with time captured to cover start/stop in bad traffic (i.e. covering waiting time). 

41 minutes ago, Xela said:

Babyccino

Puppuccino

**** off

My wife regularly buys our son a babycino costing anywhere upto £2. Utterly ridiculous as it's nothing but warmed milk. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Its not a case of using the postcode. They get in sit down and just say L24 3HG. Do I look like I have any form of sat nav ready to take this information

I'll also ask the question, what is the name of the street.... ummmm

Postcodes are the last resort

Couldn’t you just use a sat nav to show you the name of the street and make it easier for the paying customer?

😇

Edited by a m ole

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Hahaha thats exactly what Sat Navs do. Sat Navs aren't designed for Taxi Drivers who have an obligation to go via the shortest reasonable route unless otherwise instructed.

None of the currently popular SatNav apps (Google/Waze/Apple Maps) have a shortest route option, their algos are based on time not distance, they show you the quickest routes not the shortest. Unless its a short journey they are mostly useless. The best option you'll get is "Avoid Motorways"

I do alot of miles in my job. Your so right about google maps, etc, they are shite for the business user. I can save like 20+ miles sometimes on a 200 mile day,  just by adding 5 minutes to my journey. that can be 80 miles +  if I commute all week. If you pay for fuel, which I don't but still comes off as expenses, that's a huge saving over a month with the price of fuel.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

I do alot of miles in my job. Your so right about google maps, etc, they are shite for the business user. I can save like 20+ miles sometimes on a 200 mile day,  just by adding 5 minutes to my journey. that can be 80 miles +  if I commute all week. If you pay for fuel, which I don't but still comes off as expenses, that's a huge saving over a month with the price of fuel.

Google Maps will soon have a "greenest route" option. It'll be interesting to see if that's any good.

• Like 2

Just now, limpid said:

Google Maps will soon have a "greenest route" option. It'll be interesting to see if that's any good.

Hopefully better than taking you down some cobbled driveway to save 2 minutes off your journey time.  

Greenest route should hopefully be shortest distance, will wait and see.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Hopefully better than taking you down some cobbled driveway to save 2 minutes off your journey time.  

Greenest route should hopefully be shortest distance, will wait and see.

I'd have thought steady speed rather than shortest distance.

Not often you get in a taxi and don’t want to go the quickest way is it? You’re in a taxi, you’re not going to be trying to save a few quid going the short route.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Isn't it a combination of both? Primarily distance but with time captured to cover start/stop in bad traffic (i.e. covering waiting time). 

The element of standing time is not always used. Depends on the company policy for PH (we don’t nor do most near here) or council policy for Hackney carriages but most do.

Describing Black Sabbath as Ozzy Osborne’s band.

He was there for the first 8 albums and the last one. They have done more albums without him. It’s Iommi’s & Geezer’s band if anyones and they were the ones who created the guitar sound; Ozzy simply bought a microphone. He didn’t even write the lyrics.

F*** off. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, limpid said:

Already have it over here. Not sure what parameters the algorithm is based upon but it tells you which route is the most eco friendly.

17 hours ago, Xela said:

They're not clever enough to realise people won't pay for 6 or 7 services. 1 or 2, people will pay and watch stuff legally. 6 or 7? People will cancel everything and pirate it instead. 

I was thinking exactly that the other day. I do have to say that HBO has been the most consistent over the years though. In terms of keeping it's pricing reasonable and producing high quality content. Unlike Netflix.

I think VT members could all film 2 minutes of our day each, edit it together and Netflix would put it up on their stream. Good God imagine that!

39 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I think VT members could all film 2 minutes of our day each, edit it together and Netflix would put it up on their stream. Good God imagine that!

It would probably be more watchable that Netflix, I'm on the verge on cancelling Netflix as my research amongst the fambo indicates that none of us watch it any more

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

It would probably be more watchable that Netflix, I'm on the verge on cancelling Netflix as my research amongst the fambo indicates that none of us watch it any more

It's shite. My wife wants it - I like a quiet life.

$14.99 per month to Netflix then.

Â