Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

I am making hard boiled eggs. I had to Google how to do it. 

Eggs are my nemesis, from cracking them and trying not to break the yolk, to trying to correctly time soft boiled or poached eggs.

Scrambled though ? Completed it mate.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

Eggs are my nemesis, from cracking them and trying not to break the yolk, to trying to correctly time soft boiled or poached eggs.

Scrambled though ? Completed it mate.

Complete with egg shell? That's my favourite type of scrambled.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

This is a general annoyance I have with many things like TV, Phone etc. The steps are too big and irregular. Let’s get back to a sliding volume control (physical or digital) so we can set it exactly where we want it

I prefer a numbered scale, but 0-50 or 0-100 so that every step is small enough to set it exactly where you want.

Alexa/Google Home could easily have 0-100 steps and voice activated as a volume number or percentage.    

Same problem with Nest for hot water.   Sometimes i'd like to heat the water just for 20 mins or 45 mins etc... but the only options are 30mins, 60m, 90m, 120m, etc. What kind of monster even thought this was a good idea.

I’ve always used a knife to crack an egg.

One of the benefits of lockdown whilst 160,000 souls perished, was that I taught myself to crack an egg one handed on a surface and deliver it in to the frying pan whole and undamaged without shell.

I am genuinely really rather good at it now.

4 hours ago, ender4 said:

Alexa/Google Home could easily have 0-100 steps and voice activated as a volume number or percentage.    

Hey Google set volume to 43 percent

What are you asking?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ve always used a knife to crack an egg.

One of the benefits of lockdown whilst 160,000 souls perished, was that I taught myself to crack an egg one handed on a surface and deliver it in to the frying pan whole and undamaged without shell.

I am genuinely really rather good at it now.

With respect, we only have your word for this. You counter top might look like a snails disco but you have come out with an unevidenced claim. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

With respect, we only have your word for this. You counter top might look like a snails disco but you have come out with an unevidenced claim. 

I’ve just butchered a defrosted turkey out there. Let’s just say, I’ve had to throw away a t shirt and a pair of socks. It was like a deleted scene from American Psycho.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

The Alexa volume from 5 to 6 seems like a massive jump.  I feel like for background music listening whilst working 5.5 would be ideal.

Volume 4 to 5 doesn't seem like a big jump but when you get to 6 it becomes quite intrusive.

It probably is even but it doesn't seem like it.  I just wish there was less of a jump between settings.

I don't think I've ever had Alexa set to 6 before. Been to 5 the odd time but usually have it set to 3.

People who stage their Zoom/Teams backgrounds. A well placed guitar or some sculpture. Get over yourself!

Just have the standard blurred background like me! Behind me is my sink full of washing up and the bin! :D 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Xela said:

People who stage their Zoom/Teams backgrounds. A well placed guitar or some sculpture. Get over yourself!

Just have the standard blurred background like me! Behind me is my sink full of washing up and the bin! :D 

I work in the kitchen and directly behind me is a painting done by a friend which is a reinterpretation of Picasso's Two Women Running On A Beach. I have to have the blur on or position my head to cover their boobs. 

10 hours ago, Xela said:

Yeah I hate that. I just put my go Karting 1st and 2nd place trophies behind me and a copy of Darwin's Origin of the Species and a set of signed Lennox lewis boxing gloves. All normal stuff really. 😂

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Davkaus said:

My group of friends just got kicked out of a pub on a Friday night in a city centre because I accidentally dropped a pint

I'm surprised I was able to post something so coherent. In retrospect, if I was so pissed I was standing there having a chat and just let go of the glass I was holding, they might have had a point when they refused service.

I've been on a journey this morning of waking up, bits and pieces popping into my head and the absolute shame of how pissed I got, and what else I might have done and said that I don't remember yet. I dropped a full pint, smashed the glass, and covered a mate's wife in glass and beer. 

Sent them a message to apologise this morning, but they're both rougher than I am, and didn't even remember the dropped pint incident. What a sense of relief that it wasn't just me that had a couple too many :D

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Davkaus said:

My group of friends just got kicked out of a pub on a Friday night in a city centre because I accidentally dropped a pint

Dropping a pint should be 6 months hard labour in the gulag minimum :D

(You do probably deserve a blow out though to be fair)

Â