Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Subway is shit. So expensive for eating a turd too. 

The price has seemingly rocketed over the last 5 years.

I used to be able to get 2 foot longs for a tenner, now that's about £16-18 quid, so very rarely get one.

12 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

The price has seemingly rocketed over the last 5 years.

I used to be able to get 2 foot longs for a tenner, now that's about £16-18 quid, so very rarely get one.

How much food do you eat?!!

• Like 1

Subway has 2 problems -

if I went in today my order would be the same thing as it was 10 years ago, I don't know what the answer is but they've failed to update their range and products to keep it exciting, they've done sides and wraps and salad boxes etc but the normal sandwiches they can't do much with them, they don't even do a proper Xmas sub do they? That kind of thing, there's no seasonal promotions or anything really 

The supermarket meal deals have taken over, if you look at subway ultimately as a sandwich a drink and a bag of crisps for £5+ tesco are coming in £2 cheaper with which I can then add a pasty or a sausage roll or chocolate, by the time I've spent £5 in tesco I've got more for my money than I do from subway

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Subway has 2 problems -

if I went in today my order would be the same thing as it was 10 years ago, I don't know what the answer is but they've failed to update their range and products to keep it exciting, they've done sides and wraps and salad boxes etc but the normal sandwiches they can't do much with them, they don't even do a proper Xmas sub do they? That kind of thing, there's no seasonal promotions or anything really 

They usually do Christmas themed subs, such as turkey and cranberry. The problem with it was that it basically tasted the same as their other subs (like a turkey and ham one) and was more expensive. 

They also change up the breads, last time i popped in they had tiger bread, 6 months before that they had pumpkin and sunflower seed bread and so on. 

They also added spinach and sweetcorn in the past few years which never used to be there.  Occasionally, they'll add a new sauce, like the hot chilli turned to Siracha a while back.

But yes, essentially you'll end up with pretty much the same sandwich every time.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Subway has 2 problems -

The supermarket meal deals have taken over, if you look at subway ultimately as a sandwich a drink and a bag of crisps for £5+ tesco are coming in £2 cheaper with which I can then add a pasty or a sausage roll or chocolate, by the time I've spent £5 in tesco I've got more for my money than I do from subway

My main problem with supermarket meal deals is the sandwiches being kept in cardboard packaging and after a while taste like it.  The McDonald's wrap of the day at £1.99 is the real winner.

10 hours ago, Genie said:

The people at work who have a confident demeanour, but are ultimately useless.

Where so they get their confidence from? 

There seems to be more and more of them. Why?

A theory of mine is that management are scared to tell them how useless they are nowadays. HR minefield. 

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

There seems to be more and more of them. Why?

A theory of mine is that management are scared to tell them how useless they are nowadays. HR minefield. 

This is so true, too much process to even b*****k someone these days, like you have to ask HR if you can even do it, then it needs to be logged as a verbal warning, although you just want to tell them to pick it up a bit. Generally you can't say anything as you would have in the old days, unless they have shot someone, or kicked a minority in the balls for being a minority.

Did I mention HR are generally useless too, they do everything they have read in the book of HR, no real understanding of the stresses of work.

6 hours ago, El Zen said:

I seem to have developed a taste for (sugar free) Red Bull, and I am absolutely disgusted with myself for it. 

I made the mistake of having a Red Bull Zero instead of a coffee before a gym session about 6 months ago and now probably drink about 5 or 6 a week. 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I made the mistake of having a Red Bull Zero instead of a coffee before a gym session about 6 months ago and now probably drink about 5 or 6 a week. 

That’s disgustingly relatable 😅

Â