Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Most people would think the same about HOT beer :D

I couldn't get the edit in quick enough. I knew someone would clock me on that but that was quick!

Edited by AndyM3000
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I'll go down on this ship with you as I do the same. I ordered the Gaggia Classic espresso machine pretty soon into lockdown, it's served me well.

That's a pretty decent bit of kit! Never used one myself but James Hoffman speaks well of them. I've mostly been using a Cafelat Robot for espresso, good fun for trying different techniques and really playing with it, but a bit of a pain if you want more than a double shot. For all the money I've spent on different kit though, I come back to the £30 Aeropress more than anything else

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Beer snobbery is worse.

Football away days put an end to that for me, in my late 20s I was getting in to foreign beers and better quality ones etc etc I'd be in the 4 man round at the villa or some other pub god knows where in the country and I'd say what they got on tap, have a look round, tell the guy getting them ill try this ale from the local brewery... 

"got you a carling mate" 

Absolutely guarantee it, every **** week, dragged me back in to the piss weak lagers of my late teens 

40 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Funny, I think the same about beer.

Nero has the best coffee out of the main chains IMO.

Edit: Not that it's hot, just that it taste awful to me.

Have to agree, Cafe Nero is my go-to coffee chain. Failing that the coffee Greggs serve up aint bad either. I won't touch Costa with a barge pole, rubbish.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I'm the kind of rocket polisher that has a weekly delivery of different beans, grinds them for each cup, and I currently have 5 different brewers in my kitchen, so you can take this as a perspective from a fully fledged coffee snob rocket polisher, but you are missing out on loads of different flavour profiles.

Most people don't give a shit, that's cool, we don't all like the same things, but thinking coffee is all a bit shit and just sticking to the big chains is a lot like thinking that beer is all the same, and sticking to Carlsberg.

Hey look, I hit the beer snobbery mark too ;) 

I don't stick to the big chains. I love going to little coffee shops and having a nice drink and a cake or whatever. But I do that because it's a nicer experience, not particularly because their coffee tastes better than somebody else's coffee.

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't stick to the big chains. I love going to little coffee shops and having a nice drink and a cake or whatever. But I do that because it's a nicer experience, not particularly because their coffee tastes better than somebody else's coffee.

If you're interested and have the opportunity to try a couple side by side, it can be eye opening, because even in specialty coffee shops there's a tendency for the standard to be a safe middle of the road "house blend" to not offend the masses. 

Not for everyone, I know, but I get pretty nerdy about coffee, a couple of sceptical friends had the patience to entertain me making 4 or 5 coffees with different origins, and different methods, and they were pretty impressed (or just wanted me to shut up ;) ). We had a couple of fruity acidic light roasts, some richer and slightly more balanced medium roasts, an unwashed coffee and a monsooned coffee. I still reckon on their own with no context some people would taste them and go "yeah tastes like coffee", but side by side, it really highlights how distinct they can be.

Now that I think about it, they don't come over anymore.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Haha 3

What is that smell outside Subway?

is it just old fat? Or is it something else. Some of them you don’t notice it much, but a few of them are absolutely rank and its the same rank smell, so its clearly something Subway are doing that causes it.

Always puts me in mind of Saturday Night Holocaust by the Dead Kennedys.

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

is it just old fat? Or is it something else. Some of them you don’t notice it much, but a few of them are absolutely rank and its the same rank smell, so its clearly something Subway are doing that causes it.

I always assumed it the smell of loads of cold meats, but it’s horrible. 

Speaking of takeaway coffees, I just got one from a leading coffee chain in Scandinavia. I’m sure it would have been okay, aside from the fact that it was - at the very best - lukewarm. Serving the coffee hot seems like a minimal requirement for a f***ing coffee house. 

Can’t be arsed to go back, so there’s 3 quid I’ll never see again. 

25 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

If you're interested and have the opportunity to try a couple side by side, it can be eye opening, because even in specialty coffee shops there's a tendency for the standard to be a safe middle of the road "house blend" to not offend the masses. 

Not for everyone, I know, but I get pretty nerdy about coffee, a couple of sceptical friends had the patience to entertain me making 4 or 5 coffees with different origins, and different methods, and they were pretty impressed (or just wanted me to shut up ;) ). We had a couple of fruity acidic light roasts, some richer and slightly more balanced medium roasts, an unwashed coffee and a monsooned coffee. I still reckon on their own with no context some people would taste them and go "yeah tastes like coffee", but side by side, it really highlights how distinct they can be.

Now that I think about it, they don't come over anymore.

Coffee just isn't nice enough for me to give this much of a shit :D 

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It's bread and cookies. That's it

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Seems like you don't really like coffee.

5 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Seems like you don't really like coffee.

How did you guess?

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It's just a hot drink that tastes of shit that we've all got used to so we think it's nice

Â