Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I mean, I tend to agree!

But maybe we're a pair of old farts. 

Maybe...but I actually appreciate people who have interesting and unusual fashion sense...there's a way to be avant-garde but I think he fails in his attempt. It comes off as a bit try-hardy and cringey.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Maybe...but I actually appreciate people who have interesting and unusual fashion sense...there's a way to be avant-garde but I think he fails in his attempt. It comes off as a bit try-hardy and cringey.

We're not the target demographic. He's massively popular with people of the age group he's actually trying to appeal to.

This is basically what should happen. Once you're over the age of 30, you *shouldn't* 'get' or appreciate everything about pop culture or whatever. That would mean nothing was changing, nothing innovative or different was being tried. He's doing something different, and we don't 'get' it. It's fine, let the kids have their own stuff I say.

42 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

We're not the target demographic. He's massively popular with people of the age group he's actually trying to appeal to.

This is basically what should happen. Once you're over the age of 30, you *shouldn't* 'get' or appreciate everything about pop culture or whatever. That would mean nothing was changing, nothing innovative or different was being tried. He's doing something different, and we don't 'get' it. It's fine, let the kids have their own stuff I say.

In that case, Harry has two more years to be able to dress like a complete rocket polisher, then he's over the hill. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I just had a look at recent pictures of Harry Styles and his so called outrageous outfits

There is absoltely nothing new. In just a few pictures I saw Elvis, Bowie, Brian Ferry, Bowie, Alvin Stardust and Bowie again and possibly even Elton John. Oh and Kevin Rowlands too

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I just had a look at recent pictures of Harry Styles and his so called outrageous outfits

There is absoltely nothing new. In just a few pictures I saw Elvis, Bowie, Brian Ferry, Bowie, Alvin Stardust and Bowie again and possibly even Elton John. Oh and Kevin Rowlands too

Bozo the Clown is also clearly a big influence. 

6 hours ago, bickster said:

I repeat: looking like a clearing in the woods is part of the pop star job description. See all of the above, plus Kiss, Alice Cooper, Slade, Freddie Mercury, Johnny Rotten, Phil Oakey, Robert Smith, Marilyn Manson, etc., etc. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I mean, I tend to agree!

But maybe we're a pair of old farts. 

Who is Harry Styles?

#EvenOlderFart

p.s I have heard of him

7 hours ago, bickster said:

Just Googled him out of morbid interest for this conversation and I got a pretty big  Brian Ferry vibe from a lot of his outfits. 

He's clearly just stealing bits from everything (well, his stylist is). 

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Just Googled him out of morbid interest for this conversation and I got a pretty big  Brian Ferry vibe from a lot of his outfits. 

He's clearly just stealing bits from everything (well, his stylist is). 

Yep the stylist has just Moonied Pop Star outfits from the '70s and '80s

On 28/05/2022 at 01:00, il_serpente said:

So you're staying on longer than you knead to in order to make some extra bread?

I just walked out of my shift after an hour and a half.  On Friday night there was a dead rat stinking out the bakery in my section, most likely stuck behind the wall as we couldn't find it anywhere in the traps.  I gave them the benefit of the doubt and finished my shift, asked the manager to get it sorted before I started tonight but no, still stinks.  **** them.

• Like 2

Jetting off on a half term break.

Taxi was half an hour late and needed some shouting to get it at all.

Checkin was ok, security queue was mega but moving fairly well, took about 45 mins.

Got to the departure gate, flight delayed due to “technical” issue. Next update in an hour. The plane is here, I wonder if they have staff? I hope we’re not the latest people to have the Tui flight cancelled despite being sat at the gate waiting…

10 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Off Topic is a bit dead atm. That usually means that something big is happening over in On Topic. But no. 

It is odd.  Not a lot going on at all. Nothing much has pissed people off lately even.  if it wasn't for The Tories and The Royals the place might die altogether.

I’ll keep moaning about my airport experience to keep the sponsors happy.

Waiting for the next update (1 hour late). I’m starting to like the idea of 4+ hours which triggers £520 compensation each as long as it’s not much passed 4 hours.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’ll keep moaning about my airport experience to keep the sponsors happy.

Waiting for the next update (1 hour late). I’m starting to like the idea of 4+ hours which triggers £520 compensation each as long as it’s not much passed 4 hours.

Everything seems like a **** nightmare at the moment travel-wise - fingers crossed you're not delayed for too long.  How long has it been so far?

• Thanks 1

Â