Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, Genie said:

One of the things that used to happen a lot, now less so, is people (usually managers) signing off their enable with the first letter of their name.

G

Yep, still happens a lot at our place. 

HAGE

KR

X

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

We don’t care! This isn’t LinkedIn. **** off.

What a horrible platform that is. Blowhards and brownnoses virtue signalling to the max. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

When I left school I had o level english language, o level art and o level commerce. 

I had to get a degree when one of my main Clients decided they wouldn’t give work to people that weren’t degree educated as a minimum. 

So I got the degree with Hons, and put my fees up 25% for them for the privilege. Same work, by the same person.

As of this week, I got some more letters too, just a sort of trade body thing.

I don’t use either set of letters in my email sig, it all feels a bit poncey. 

Our company are going big on Agile. I did a 2 day Scrum Master course and then passed the subsequent Professional Scrum Master assessment (no brags, honest). The funny thing is, I updated my LinkedIn as it seems to be the done thing amongst my colleagues. I’m now getting loads of messages from companies and recruiters asking for a chat about their Scrum Master roles. 3 today alone.

I know it’s not new, but Agile seems to be flavour of the month at the moment.

Top tip, if you’re looking for a job do a short Agile course (Scrum Master or Product Owner) and then wait for the offers to roll in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

What a horrible platform that is. Blowhards and brownnoses virtue signalling to the max. 

It’s the worst of the worst social media platforms 100%. 

It’s like the fakeness of Facebook x1000.

I keep my account active just in case I find myself out of work unexpectedly.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Obviously a complete clearing in the woods. 

Mike Mooney, BA (Hons), MSc. 

Hons? Mike I am very disappointed. 

You haven't had a real university experience unless you got a Desmond. Some even argue a Richard is more appropriate.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Hons? Mike I am very disappointed. 

You haven't had a real university experience unless you got a Desmond. Some even argue a Richard is more appropriate.

I did get a Richard, aka a gentleman's degree. Still counts as an honours degree. One down from that would be an ordinary. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Thanks 1

UK government partying and lying about it whilst the country was in lockdown.

Millions detained in Chinese concentration camps for being the wrong race.

14 kids and their teacher murdered in America

A 14 year old boy guilty of murdering a 12 year old girl in Liverpool.

Russia’s invasion of Ukraine causes many thousands of deaths, millions homeless and millions will starve and/or freeze as a result.

All in 1 news bulletin.

The world is a **** mess. An absolute **** mess.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Rob - college BTEC in music n shit

Frankly, I'd rather have a BTEC in music n shit than my International History & Politics degree. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

UK government partying and lying about it whilst the country was in lockdown.

Millions detained in Chinese concentration camps for being the wrong race.

14 kids and their teacher murdered in America

A 14 year old boy guilty of murdering a 12 year old girl in Liverpool.

Russia’s invasion of Ukraine causes many thousands of deaths, millions homeless and millions will starve and/or freeze as a result.

All in 1 news bulletin.

The world is a **** mess. An absolute **** mess.

Yep, the world can be overwhelming in its terribleness at times.

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The double standards in reporting about the Queen Elizabeth Crossrail line compared to HS2. 

It's a massively expensive railway line that has overrun by years. 

They even had the cheek to say it will benefit the Economy of London and the rest of the country. How? How the **** do the people of Hull benefit from Londoners having a quicker journey? 

They justified the massive cost by saying it was a railway to serve and solve transport issues for the next 150 years. 

Yet I don't think I've ever seen one single report about HS2 that doesn't mention the word controversial, and often potential white elephant. 

It's so obvious the double standards are because one serves London purely and the other serves the rest of the country that the London bias press don't care about or even understand. 

It’ll benefit the nation once HS2 is open and the good people of Birmingham can get to London 13 minutes quicker to enjoy it.

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Yeah, because the one thing London is famous for, is organising meetings in Solihull.

The head office will be in brum not London because of brum being cheaper... 

Been to a few events on it due to work and as part of the big city plan and all that and what they say does sound logical and what they're investing in the city shows the impact of HS2 in action

There's 2 positives to it, firstly huge infrastructure projects have a general positive impact on the economy, second its the first genuine attempt I can ever remember to make the UK less London centric, it might work it night not

Brum wouldn't be spending £10bn on the city centre without it that's for sure 

They need to get companies and people out of London, the downside of having a alpha++ city or whatever they call it now

• Like 2

The thing about HS2 isn't that it gets people to London 13 minutes earlier. It's that it releases huge amounts of capacity on existing lines to allow far more and new local services and diagrams and also it allows huge growth in freight trains taking millions of car and lorry journeys off the roads. 

Plus as has been said huge investment in Brum city centre, many firms have moved head office functions out of London on the back of it and many more will in future.  Lots of well paid local jobs created that otherwise would stay in London. 

This is probably the main reason why London press keep saying it's controversial. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The head office will be in brum not London because of brum being cheaper... 

Been to a few events on it due to work and as part of the big city plan and all that and what they say does sound logical and what they're investing in the city shows the impact of HS2 in action

There's 2 positives to it, firstly huge infrastructure projects have a general positive impact on the economy, second its the first genuine attempt I can ever remember to make the UK less London centric, it might work it night not

Brum wouldn't be spending £10bn on the city centre without it that's for sure 

They need to get companies and people out of London, the downside of having a alpha++ city or whatever they call it now

Alternatively it will just be a further talent drain of people working in London but living in the Midlands. If I could stay in my current house (not that far from Crewe) but get London wages I could easily afford an annual pass on HS2 with the payrise it would bring. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Alternatively it will just be a further talent drain of people working in London but living in the Midlands. If I could stay in my current house (not that far from Crewe) but get London wages I could easily afford an annual pass on HS2 with the payrise it would bring. 

See above. Firms are already moving to Brum from London. 

2 new bank head offices in the last 2 years, and more to follow. 

Â