Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

10 minutes ago, Chindie said:

That awkwardness when you've got someone round to repair something or do a specific job and you can't really do anything while they're about. So you end up either hovering around them making small talk (or worse, just standing there), or just sit on the other room kinda doing nothing while they work.

In no way am I sat in my living room in silence typing this while a bloke is in the kitchen fixing the oven that's pre-millennium.

There's a very specific component to this as well; the attempt to replicate the problem in front of the expert, which then suddenly goes away.

On of the many blessings of WFH though, automatic excuse not to hover.  Once I've made the customary tea/coffee/biscuits offer, I'm outta there.

4 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

There's a very specific component to this as well; the attempt to replicate the problem in front of the expert, which then suddenly goes away.

On of the many blessings of WFH though, automatic excuse not to hover.  Once I've made the customary tea/coffee/biscuits offer, I'm outta there.

This actually happened when the guy turned up. Yesterday, neither oven was working. Not even the lights came on. Bloke turns up, lights working, you name it. Thankfully the bottom oven still didn't heat up, so it was bust enough to fix.

24 minutes ago, Chindie said:

That awkwardness when you've got someone round to repair something or do a specific job and you can't really do anything while they're about. So you end up either hovering around them making small talk (or worse, just standing there), or just sit on the other room kinda doing nothing while they work.

In no way am I sat in my living room in silence typing this while a bloke is in the kitchen fixing the oven that's pre-millennium.

Not quite as awkward at getting a sparks out at £160 just to have him flick a switch to resolve the problem and then see him judging you for not being a real man so hard that he offers to Pat test any other devices you may have because he feels sorry for you being such a plum. 

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

I’m terrible at this, especially as I’m quite nosey as to what they’re doing. Not that I don’t trust them to do their job, I’m just genuinely curious about how stuff works. So I’ll just hang around, looking over their shoulder, without really meaning to. Must be a bit of a pain, really. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Zen said:

I’m terrible at this, especially as I’m quite nosey as to what they’re doing. Not that I don’t trust them to do their job, I’m just genuinely curious about how stuff works. So I’ll just hang around, looking over their shoulder, without really meaning to. Must be a bit of a pain, really. 

download.jpeg

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, JoshVilla said:

That **** Qatar advert that keeps popping up on YouTube. Song gets stuck in my head all bastard day.

I hate adverts in general but the Sky Glass TV ads with the annoying Harry Potter wannabe seriously piss me off. 

Shame the little turd didn’t learn the disappearing trick 😖

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I hate adverts in general but the Sky Glass TV ads with the annoying Harry Potter wannabe seriously piss me off. 

Shame the little turd didn’t learn the disappearing trick 😖

It wouldn’t be so bad if the product wasn’t anything but magical. My old man sent it back after a week and it looks like an original flatscreen TV from the early 00’s

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It’s that time of year again when I’m suddenly back on a load of mailing lists that I previously unsubscribed from. words removed

Seriously, I reckon I've had 5 today. And it's been going on all week.

I'm assuming there's some loophole in the law somewhere that enables them to do this. But it happens every year. I wish I was more motivated to keep track of them all

I just had a call from Virgin Media, woman was trying to tell me that to save myself from the GOVERNMENT price increase of around £10 a month I needed to renew my contract at a higher price.

To avoid this £10 charge taking my bill from £44 to £54 I needed to upgrade my BB to 500mb at a new total of £60 a month. 
So much wrong with that call, I gave her a bollocking about using lies to sell then she hung up 🤷‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I just had a call from Virgin Media, woman was trying to tell me that to save myself from the GOVERNMENT price increase of around £10 a month I needed to renew my contract at a higher price.

To avoid this £10 charge taking my bill from £44 to £54 I needed to upgrade my BB to 500mb at a new total of £60 a month. 
So much wrong with that call, I gave her a bollocking about using lies to sell then she hung up 🤷‍♂️ 

Are you actually sure she was from Virgin Media?

2 hours ago, Genie said:

As someone who works in sales, I give that sales lady a 0/10 WNB! 

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Seriously, I reckon I've had 5 today. And it's been going on all week.

I'm assuming there's some loophole in the law somewhere that enables them to do this. But it happens every year. I wish I was more motivated to keep track of them all

Or someone is playing a subtle prank on you

Â