Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, BOF said:

.  I've now taken to making a random noise or some other gobbledygook just to get their attention, and then I can say the original thing just the once.

What a fantastic tip, I'm forever repeating myself because my wife's hearing is shit. I'll give this a try.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Tripadvisor. You idly look at a few places and then get hourly emails saying

”don’t forget to book your hotel in Turkmenistan”

”are you still thinking about going to Nicaragua?”

”more suggestions for your holiday in Mordor”

I’m sure there’s probably a setting somewhere to turn it off but I’ve no idea where it is. 

There’s a guy on our neighbourhood fb group that keeps listing things for sale and then adding “pm me for the price”.

It’s almost as bad as people who list things with “make me an offer”. You obviously have a figure in mind, just stick it on the ad nobhead.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

People who say listen when they are speaking. That doesn't mean that I will pay extra attention to you.

I've noticed quite a few football managers/assistant managers saying it in recent years: John Terry and Steven Gerrard, for example.

11 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

People who say listen when they are speaking. That doesn't mean that I will pay extra attention to you.

Read, I agree it's really annoying. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, choffer said:

Tripadvisor. You idly look at a few places and then get hourly emails saying

”don’t forget to book your hotel in Turkmenistan”

”are you still thinking about going to Nicaragua?”

”more suggestions for your holiday in Mordor”

I’m sure there’s probably a setting somewhere to turn it off but I’ve no idea where it is. 

I imagine there's an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email. It's probably worth your time clicking it

The fact that white shower scrunchies always have a white hangy-string.

Takes me bastard ages to find it when soapy.

spacer.png

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Genie said:

There’s a guy on our neighbourhood fb group that keeps listing things for sale and then adding “pm me for the price”.

It’s almost as bad as people who list things with “make me an offer”. You obviously have a figure in mind, just stick it on the ad nobhead.

Same principle works for many tax offices. "Make us an offer. Pay what you think you owe".

8 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Other drivers. They are all c***s

You're not wrong.

Parked in a car park earlier - was fairly empty so parked in a space with no cars around me. Evenly between the lines as usual. Got back to my car two hours later and a car either side, both no more than a few inches from my car. They were on the white lines. Absolute words removed. Both women drivers (happy to share my workings out on that if requested). 

It's the lack of consideration that **** me off more. If I park next to another car I always have a quick look to see if there is room for the driver of the other car to get in. These oxygen thieves don't even think twice. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Dance music.  After my moan about Capital Radio the other week I was subjected to their dance music station last night at work.  I got to six and a half hours before I had to change the station and this guy confronted me about it.  I felt like stabbing him in the throat.  I don't get how the people write the first 4 bars of the track and think, this is great I'm just going to mindlessly loop it for 4 more minutes.  Just writing this makes me shake with rage.  I've never known such hatred within me for something before.

I used to love going clubbing back in the golden days in Brum -  Godskitchen, Sundissential, etc. However its not the sort of music I can just listen to in the car or in the background. It needs to very loud so the walls shake and you've got to be off your tits to truly enjoy it. IMO. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Dance music.  After my moan about Capital Radio the other week I was subjected to their dance music station last night at work.  I got to six and a half hours before I had to change the station and this guy confronted me about it.  I felt like stabbing him in the throat.  I don't get how the people write the first 4 bars of the track and think, this is great I'm just going to mindlessly loop it for 4 more minutes.  Just writing this makes me shake with rage.  I've never known such hatred within me for something before.

If you think thats bad.Check out the words to "Buffalo girls" by Bruce Springstein ?!

6 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

If you think thats bad.Check out the words to "Buffalo girls" by Bruce Springstein ?!

Or by hundreds of other artists. It's a trad folk song. 

21 minutes ago, Xela said:

needs to very loud so the walls shake and you've got to be off your tits to truly enjoy it

I remember reading an interview with k. d. Laing, where she said something like: "I really fancy trying ecstacy, but I'm reluctant to do so, in case it makes me start liking shit music". 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Dance music.  After my moan about Capital Radio the other week I was subjected to their dance music station last night at work.  I got to six and a half hours before I had to change the station

Six and a half HOURS??? **** me, I wouldn't have lasted six minutes. 

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I remember reading an interview with k. d. Laing, where she said something like: "I really fancy trying ecstacy, but I'm reluctant to do so, in case it makes me start liking shit music". 

I had a similar rationale. Why take a drug that makes you be nice to people you can't stand

• Like 1

On 20/04/2022 at 16:25, Genie said:

I just had a call from Virgin Media, woman was trying to tell me that to save myself from the GOVERNMENT price increase of around £10 a month I needed to renew my contract at a higher price.

To avoid this £10 charge taking my bill from £44 to £54 I needed to upgrade my BB to 500mb at a new total of £60 a month. 
So much wrong with that call, I gave her a bollocking about using lies to sell then she hung up 🤷‍♂️ 

I verified with Virgin this was a real call from them yesterday, then said I should have make a complaint and it will get investigated (so I did).

Just now I had a call, same number, same script… “we want to protect you from government price increases happening this month…”

I said that’s a lie, Theres no government price increases and she immediately hung up. What a scummy way to try and cold call for sales.

It’ll be interesting now if they say it’s a rogue caller as 2 have called now saying the exact same lies. 

• Shocked 1

Â