Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Seriously, I reckon I've had 5 today. And it's been going on all week.

I'm assuming there's some loophole in the law somewhere that enables them to do this. But it happens every year. I wish I was more motivated to keep track of them all

Welcome to Anthony's patronising mansplaining course.

Anyway, I set up a filter (on my gmail) so that any time the word 'unsubscribe' is found in an email, said mail gets taken out of my inbox and put into a 'Subscriptions' folder. Has about a 95% success rate.

Whilst I agree they shouldn't be sending them in the first place, you just set up the filter once and it'll work forever...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Anthony said:

Anyway, I set up a filter (on my gmail) so that any time the word 'unsubscribe' is found in an email, said mail gets taken out of my inbox and put into a 'Subscriptions' folder. Has about a 95% success rate.

Whilst I agree they shouldn't be sending them in the first place, you just set up the filter once and it'll work forever...

What about emails that you want to receive that contain the word unsubscribe? Assume you will need to check the folder an unblock that sender? 

10 hours ago, Anthony said:

I make a point of unsubscribing to any newsletter/mailing list I get. It's a bit more long winded than your method but it usually ensures that I get most of them. It's a like a personal vendetta now. 

But it means that I know for a fact that I've unsubscribed to certain mailing lists. ASOS, Trainline, Currys etc yet over the last couple of weeks I've suddenly got emails from them again.

CIMA is the absolute worst. No matter how many times I unsubscribed I kept getting marketing emails from them. Eventually went on their website and they had about 30 different mailing lists (literally). My theory is they're allowed to create a new mailing list and add you to that one. 
Eventually I was still receiving emails even though I could see that I'd unsubscribed from everything and ended up speaking to their complaints department and telling them I'd stop paying my membership fees if they didn't take me off their mailing lists. Probably an overreaction but I was annoyed!

14 hours ago, bickster said:

Are you actually sure she was from Virgin Media?

They confirmed to me it was them, so I’ve raised a formal complaint. Imagine how many people they’ve conned by lying 🤬

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

words removed who dont wash up or clean after themselves in the canteen

My emails round the office calling these people out has become a thing of legend. 

If email blockers had a sarcasm filter I would melt them. 

• Like 1

I'm tempted to put up a poster along the lines of she's the cleaner not your mom, it's a disgrace, the cleaner comes in and washes up at 8am every day so the guy who eats his breakfast at 9am then sticks the dirty bowl in the sink rather than spend 10 seconds cleaning it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I'm tempted to put up a poster along the lines of she's the cleaner not your mom, it's a disgrace, the cleaner comes in and washes up at 8am every day so the guy who eats his breakfast at 9am then sticks the dirty bowl in the sink rather than spend 10 seconds cleaning it

This is the **** worst. Takes no longer to rinse that bowl out than put it in the sink, but let those weetabix crumbs dry and it's like concrete.

• Like 3

The wife again. 

Partially unloads the dishwasher, and puts some of it away. 

Either do the job, or let me do it. Don't do half of it and then stop. 

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

The wife again. 

Partially unloads the dishwasher, and puts some of it away. 

Either do the job, or let me do it. Don't do half of it and then stop. 

Shocking behaviour.  

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1

My latest annoyance is I spend half my time saying "huh?" or "what?" to the other half (not the other half but I don't know how else to refer to her!) only for her to get a bit annoyed because she's actually talking to the baby.

Then when I think she's talking to the baby so I ignore her she gets annoyed that I'm not listening to her.

BE MORE CLEAR!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

My latest annoyance is I spend half my time saying "huh?" or "what?" to the other half (not the other half but I don't know how else to refer to her!) only for her to get a bit annoyed because she's actually talking to the baby.

Then when I think she's talking to the baby so I ignore her she gets annoyed that I'm not listening to her.

BE MORE CLEAR!

I've kind of got that from the other perspective. I say something to the old man and he says 'huh?' so I say it again. I say something to 'the other half' she says 'huh?' so I say it again.  I've now taken to making a random noise or some other gobbledygook just to get their attention, and then I can say the original thing just the once.

• Haha 4

45 minutes ago, BOF said:

I've kind of got that from the other perspective. I say something to the old man and he says 'huh?' so I say it again. I say something to 'the other half' she says 'huh?' so I say it again.  I've now taken to making a random noise or some other gobbledygook just to get their attention, and then I can say the original thing just the once.

spacer.png

Â