Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

26 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Six and a half HOURS??? **** me, I wouldn't have lasted six minutes. 

I got to about four hours and thought '**** me, there's no way anyone is enjoying this' and walked round the corner to turn the radio over to discover this guy was shazamming the 'song' that was playing FFS.  He is a cokehead which probably explains his shit, obnoxious taste in everything.

22 minutes ago, bickster said:

I had a similar rationale. Why take a drug that makes you be nice to people you can't stand

In a room full of ecstasy infused clubbers there weren’t any people you couldn’t stand, I’ve never personally known anything to bring people from all walks of life together in harmony as well as ecstasy and raving used to do.

But then my viewpoint is biased as I loved that scene and I love dance music. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Dance music.  After my moan about Capital Radio the other week I was subjected to their dance music station last night at work.  I got to six and a half hours before I had to change the station and this guy confronted me about it.  I felt like stabbing him in the throat.  I don't get how the people write the first 4 bars of the track and think, this is great I'm just going to mindlessly loop it for 4 more minutes.  Just writing this makes me shake with rage.  I've never known such hatred within me for something before.

Oh yes.

We travelled by private hire 7 seater from Dover on Wednesday, the driver was a nice chap from Brum but for some reason he played us Radio 4 for an hour, then the horrendous KISS FM where every male singer can't sing, they just talk, and they talk shit. Every female vocalist is warbling through some kind of vocoder. And the same **** drum machine on all of them.

After an hour of that we were treated to Radio1.

FFS...pretty much worse than KISS FM. Absolute **** shite. My wife is easy going re: tunes but even she agreed it was absolute toss.

The people who actually pay for this bilge and make these talentless foreskins rich are beyond my comprehension.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Oh yes.

We travelled by private hire 7 seater from Dover on Wednesday, the driver was a nice chap from Brum but for some reason he played us Radio 4 for an hour, then the horrendous KISS FM where every male singer can't sing, they just talk, and they talk shit. Every female vocalist is warbling through some kind of vocoder. And the same **** drum machine on all of them.

After an hour of that we were treated to Radio1.

FFS...pretty much worse than KISS FM. Absolute **** shite. My wife is easy going re: tunes but even she agreed it was absolute toss.

The people who actually pay for this bilge and make these talentless foreskins rich are beyond my comprehension.

Should've taken up my Bon Jovi offer. Just sayin'

• Like 1

I've been suggested some "LAD" bible content on youtube ( Lads Lads Lads I'm such an absolute lad!)

Basically, the premise seems to be , get two youtubers who support two different teams in a room, ask them a question or make a statement based around both of their teams and they either agree or disagree over that question or statement.

Simple enough. Except they are always absolutely moronic and ignorant and biased. They always disagree.

You can have a City fan and a Utd fan and the statement could be "City have a better team" and the United fan will still strongly disagree.

You could an Arsenal fan and a United fan. " Ruud Van Nistelrooy was a better striker than Chamakh"  Arsenal fan would strongly disagree.

You could have a Liverpool fan and a City fan " Liverpool are more successful than City in both teams history." City fan strongly disagrees.

It's the worst content I've ever seen in my life.

The delusion, and the ego, and faux rivalry will not let them agree. You're a grown man, this isn't the school playground. It's fine to agree with a rival

I should go on there. I'd slaughter Villa players and Gerrard no bother.

"No Villa player would get into XXXXXXXX's team starting 11."

"Agree. We're **** turgid"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I verified with Virgin this was a real call from them yesterday, then said I should have make a complaint and it will get investigated (so I did).

Just now I had a call, same number, same script… “we want to protect you from government price increases happening this month…”

I said that’s a lie, Theres no government price increases and she immediately hung up. What a scummy way to try and cold call for sales.

It’ll be interesting now if they say it’s a rogue caller as 2 have called now saying the exact same lies. 

Next time ask about the Government price increase! I want to know what they say. 

Is it UK or overseas call centres?

21 minutes ago, Xela said:

Next time ask about the Government price increase! I want to know what they say. 

Is it UK or overseas call centres?

Sounds like overseas. 

I wanted to string this second person along for a bit but gave up very quickly when I asked about this government price hike.

Chance are they’ll call again. I’m tempted to install an app to record the call (for quality and training purposes).

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Lad Bible/Unilad et al.

Cultural landfill, adding no value to human society whatsoever.

And they make money. We're all doomed.

It’s all about content innit, content for consumption by idiots like us who like to consume. 

Dwight York.

On Talksport this morning, forgets he played for Villa obviously, but questioned about Man U. "what players do you think ten hag might get rid of when he comes in"?

Dwight:  Errr well......................I think he will get rid of a few of the youth players???????

Couldn't even bring himself to disrespect any of the Man first teamers, absolute tool he is.

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Is Lad Bible/Unilad like the modern day Loaded/Zoo/Nuts magazines? 

Not really but kind of.  Like that but without the naked girls and boobs.  

Lots of girls also subscribe to them.  It’s more like popular memes and funny stuff.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

In a room full of ecstasy infused clubbers there weren’t any people you couldn’t stand, I’ve never personally known anything to bring people from all walks of life together in harmony as well as ecstasy and raving used to do.

But then my viewpoint is biased as I loved that scene and I love dance music. 

Pre social media and video camera days. No egos at all. Just people there to have a good time. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ender4 said:

They took the best stuff out? :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There's a gig I'd like to go to in that there London next weekend, I was just looking at the finances and I might just be able to do it, I thinks, Impose myself on the daughter for the night

She declares she's coming home anyway, so I can stay in the flat as her fella won't be there either and as she' coming home and going back either side of me, the keys thing isn't going to be a problem either

Looked at the trains... four and an half hours plus journeys each way with three changes and bus replacement services. Bank Holiday weekend... sod that, I'll keep my money. Rail Sale my arse

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ender4 said:

Lots of girls also subscribe to them.  It’s more like popular memes and funny stuff.

Yup. They create almost no content themselves. Oh look, a popular meme, let's put it on our channel and watch the money roll in. It's like getting paid a fortune to retweet something. The only mildly original content they create is when they get famous people to eat snacks and video it. Like, that's it. They are **** parasites and humans lap it up.

Â