Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

We only have to take assistance dogs by law and most drivers refuse to take them, me included

I've heard all kinds of crap

"but its only a little dog" - yep its still a dog, it still wipes its arse on grass and little dogs tend to be yappy little shits

"its a shorthair breed" - Yep so I'll only have short hairs all opver my seats

"I'll keep it in my handbag" - No you won't you'll get it out and put it on the seats and treat ity like its a baby

"Well, it's your loss, you won't be getting paid" - I'm fine with that, I'll get another job in seconds, one that won't need the car cleaning after it

They are supposed to tell us when they book that theres an animal but they don't because they know they'll wait ages, so they end up waiting even longer when we refeuse them

And the best one ever, "Sorry Mate I don't take dogs"

"I haven't got a dog"

"Well I'm not taking whatever it is that can't keep still in that duffel bag"

• Like 1

"Funny" drinking stories that are just a factual description of alcoholism.

I like a good story that involves someone being pissed and getting into a funny situation. There are plenty of good ones, and yes sometimes they involve alcoholics, but they're still sort of funny.

It's when the entire story is that someone drank themselves to oblivion. Ray Parlour and Alan Brazil are masters of this genre. It's just tedious. Stop celebrating it.

Edit: sorry this is what provoked me

🥱 🥱 🥱 

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 2

The Missus sister is crashed out on the sofa for the second night running.

Pissing me right off now. Ruining my post work, half an hour wind down with a snack and a beer

Her leaving tomorrow can’t come soon enough 

22 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I know I’ve complained about similar before. I’m now going to rant.

Just been on a walk, part of the route included a bridle path. Along the path, I can see a dog walker and a couple of dogs up ahead, about a football pitch’s length away from me. I slowly carry on, and as is so often the case the dogs come bounding over towards me, barking, leaping about. Not sure what sort of dogs they were. Maybe slightly above medium sized dogs. 

I stand to the side, in some sort of vague hope that the dogs lose interest and the owner will come over and calm them down. She shouts them a few times, still about 150 yards away from me and the dogs. The dogs are still interested in me, the one in particular is barking and growling in a fairly unfriendly way. I’m standing still.

The owner disappears at one point, out of my view. The quieter dog has backed away a bit and seems to be going to find her, the more aggressive dog is still bounding about. At one point I was worried that this dog didn’t belong to her at all.

After a few minutes, the dogs reluctantly return to their owner who reappears, still a 150 yards away. I abandon my walk and head back the way I came.

The owner catches up to me in her car and says “Sorry if they upset you”. I don’t reply. I feel that if I said anything it wouldn’t be particularly pleasant so I just shake my head in a contemptuous way and walk on.

Am I being unreasonable here? It seems to me that the unofficial etiquette is if an unleashed dog is impeding a walker, the walker just has to get on with it and the owner takes the view “Well, what can I do about it?”. If I had a dog and it was barking and jumping about at someone, I’d be over there as quickly as I could to keep the dog under control and to provide some reassurance. I don’t want a dog jumping up at me and I wouldn’t assume anyone would be happy to have my hypothetical dog jumping up at them.

I often hear “Oh he won’t hurt you, he’s friendly!”. How the **** am I meant to know that, person I don’t know? So far I’m struggling to see any signs of this alleged sunny disposition of which you speak.

I had a problem with an German shepard a long time ago,His owner did not like me and my wife told me that he lets it out 10/15 minutes before I am due home from work.Try this ( I guarentee it works ) get some of that clear liquid that they put in fire extingushers,put it in a squeeze bottle and the next time a dog ( any dog ) bothers you,give it a spray.After giving that German shepard a squirt it used to run away from me even if I was 50 yards away.

• Thanks 1

People who always go for the cheapest option and then whinge when it's not the best.  

Typical example this weekend is my son.   He brought a car recently (he's still a learner) and took it upon himself to sort the insurance.   He wanted me to take him out for a drive so I'm guiding him off the drive when his handbrake or brakes stick on. Bit of a headache but your breakdown cover will sort it i said.   He hands me his phone and I notice he's only opted for roadside assistance not home start as well,  so unsurprisingly when he calls them he's told he's not covered for the issue and it'll cost 160 quid for them to come out.  They have to come out cuz of where its been left - across the gates on our drive leaving nobody can get on or off.  Guess who then had to pay the 160 quid?? Bloody kids today!!!

19 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

We have 6 beaches here.

Dogs are allowed on all 6 through the off season, but only 5 of the 6 in tourist season.

They constantly moan about their lack of access to 1 of the 6 beaches for part of the year.

It’s such a sense of entitlement, really quite special.

Won't someone please think of the furbabies!

• Like 1

Yep. I like dogs, and we’re currently having a think about maybe getting one. But bloody hell, it will be treated like a dog, and I’ll get some training in for us and the dog if we do get one. It will not be a baby substitute or an instagram prop.

I used to go out with a girl who had a fairly large dog, a german shepherd cross. It was harmless, and was a lovely dog, but I could see how it could be fairly intimidating,

Anyway this girl had no discipline over it. Refused to train it for some mental reason. But insisted on letting him off the lead on walks in the park.

They were the most stressful walks I've ever been on because I was just constantly on edge wondering what the dog was going to do next and who he would bound up to.

Drove me absolutely mad

29 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I was absolutely **** raging about a week ago, I was driving along and I could see up ahead a woman with a push chair stuck on the traffic island in the middle of the road. I slowed to get a gap between me and the cars in front, and waved her across the road.

As she passed, the **** buggy had a **** little **** dog in it. I was pissed off for about 20 minutes after that.

If your dog is such an age that they can't walk further than 500 yards, what do you do, never go out the house with them?

17 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Yep. I like dogs, and we’re currently having a think about maybe getting one. But bloody hell, it will be treated like a dog, and I’ll get some training in for us and the dog if we do get one. It will not be a baby substitute or an instagram prop.

The buggy which I have by the way is not a pushchair substitute, it's not a surrogate baby. People have them for elderly dogs that can't walk too far. 

Edit. Not meaning to come off stroppy. My dog gets older and more infirm each day and it's more so at the moment so apologies if I seem tetchy. Not intended. 

Edited by Seat68
Stroppiness

2 hours ago, dubbs said:

People who always go for the cheapest option and then whinge when it's not the best.  

Typical example this weekend is my son.   He brought a car recently (he's still a learner) and took it upon himself to sort the insurance.   He wanted me to take him out for a drive so I'm guiding him off the drive when his handbrake or brakes stick on. Bit of a headache but your breakdown cover will sort it i said.   He hands me his phone and I notice he's only opted for roadside assistance not home start as well,  so unsurprisingly when he calls them he's told he's not covered for the issue and it'll cost 160 quid for them to come out.  They have to come out cuz of where its been left - across the gates on our drive leaving nobody can get on or off.  Guess who then had to pay the 160 quid?? Bloody kids today!!!

The big breakdown companies like the RAC and AA are an absolute con, with these different tiers to fleece the unsuspecting out of even more, tbh.

Do him a favour and tell him to go with Autoaid next time - none of the bollocks, just a flat fee that includes home breakdowns, onwards travel, etc, and is still cheaper than the basic package from the big lot.

No affiliation, just happy with them and want to save the AA and RAC pulling other people's pants down. I've got a very small list of companies I've been impressed with that I'll happily shill for given the chance :D 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

If your dog is such an age that they can't walk further than 500 yards, what do you do, never go out the house with them?

The buggy which I have by the way is not a pushchair substitute, it's not a surrogate baby. People have them for elderly dogs that can't walk too far. 

Well, I was driving so I didn’t have the time for a full medical exam. But I stand by my initial instinct, I had more time and concern when I thought there was a toddler in the buggy in the road, rather than a pug.

I also refuse to alter my driving when show dogs are in transit.

Â