Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

5 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I got wound up in on-topic for the first time in a long time.

That makes me as thick as the people who wound me up.

bad Lap, bad. 

white-cat-why.gif

Another advert one: the kid done up as a football reporter who keeps saying "Incredible Jeff!", when everybody knows it should be "Unbelievable Jeff!" 

Unless Chris Kamara has copyrighted it? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, robby b said:

Aaaahhh! 😲

Scary. :s This made me jump. It could be from a horror film (a strange one).

No idea where it's from. Seen it as a meme before but don't know its beginnings. 

words removed who dont say hello or good morning in the office

im walking past you in the corridor, im smiling, im saying hello...they're walking straight past me whilst looking me in the eye and having absolutely no response

the head of HR in my company did it to me today, get the **** out of it you absolute prick

• Like 4

20 hours ago, villa4europe said:

words removed who dont say hello or good morning in the office

im walking past you in the corridor, im smiling, im saying hello...they're walking straight past me whilst looking me in the eye and having absolutely no response

the head of HR in my company did it to me today, get the **** out of it you absolute prick

Some of the things people do knock me for a 6.I could NOT do what you say above but IMHO the worst person I can think of is a guy I know who gave up work when he was 43 and he just sits at home watching TV and other very important stuff like that while his wife ( who has bad knees ) goes out to work every day to support both of them.Sometimes her knees pain her so much she has to rest when she gets home but does he say "Oh well dear,I have been off work now for about 17 years so I will go to work and you can stay at home and rest your knees" No,he is content to just stay home and watch TV,arsehole.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I've done this one before

But the amount of time gameshows spend introducing contestants. Do people really give a **** what Doris' hobbies are? Who cares?! Just play the **** quiz.

"Hi I'm John I'm a builder from Exeter"

That's it. That's all you need. I know who he is. He looks like a good lad. I'm rooting for him. I don't need to know where he went on holiday in 2017 and how many times he's gone to the new book club he's just joined

I like watching a place in the sun, but it gets right on my tits the way they have to recap what they have looked at and what they thought of it after every ad break.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I've done this one before

But the amount of time gameshows spend introducing contestants. Do people really give a **** what Doris' hobbies are? Who cares?! Just play the **** quiz.

"Hi I'm John I'm a builder from Exeter"

That's it. That's all you need. I know who he is. He looks like a good lad. I'm rooting for him. I don't need to know where he went on holiday in 2017 and how many times he's gone to the new book club he's just joined

Strike It Lucky was like that. I reckon 50% of the show was Barrymore just chatting to the guests at the beginning and pulling faces!

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Only connect opt for the aren’t we wacky approach 

thankfully I record it so can skip straight to the questions 

I love Only Connect but Coren-Mitchell is so **** cringey with her attempted humour. Awful

• Like 3

11 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

Some of the things people do knock me for a 6.I could NOT do what you say above but IMHO the worst person I can think of is a guy I know who gave up work when he was 43 and he just sits at home watching TV and other very important stuff like that while his wife ( who has bad knees ) goes out to work every day to support both of them.Sometimes her knees pain her so much she has to rest when she gets home but does he say "Oh well dear,I have been off work now for about 17 years so I will go to work and you can stay at home and rest your knees" No,he is content to just stay home and watch TV,arsehole.

This lyrical rewrite of The Offspring's 'Why Don't You Get A Job' doesn't scan as well as the original.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Every job these days has an insanely long hiring process, I'm currently waiting to hear back about one where I have had an interview with the job agency I found it through to go through to the actual process, then a phone interview,  then an online assessment, then an in person assessment centre (god knows how they were different) and finally an in person interview...I understand being thorough but I'm stalling another lower paying job I could accept while I wait and I'm considering just going with the bird in the hand.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Genie said:

I like watching a place in the sun, but it gets right on my tits the way they have to recap what they have looked at and what they thought of it after every ad break.

Just ‘cos…

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Just ‘cos…

That’s like an American version of a place in the sun.

”and then disaster strikes”

Ramsey’s kitchen nightmares in the US (or whatever it’s called) is the best example of the producers building up a non event into major drama I’ve seen.

Edited by Genie
  • Haha 1

Â