Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

When the latest turd-in-a-suit cabinet politician has dropped a clanger and goes to 10 Downing street and a media hack randomly shouts 'Minster are you going to resign'?

Like they  will stop and say 'Well yes of course would you like a exclusive interview'?

can remember watching sky news and seeing william walking around some new building that he was opening with kate and the "journalist" shouts over "william, is your uncle a pedo?"

sky ran the headline "prince william refuses to comment on andrew allegation"

get to ****!

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Complete with 5 minute tactical run down beforehand of pass and move. 2 mins in completely ignored. The more tired they get and the more we lose the more they try and beat 10 men. Don't run that much when they don't have the ball mind.

It's 5 a side. Just one touch. Pass. It's easy. 4 passes and you're in

I played a few weeks ago in one of these things where you all sign up online and just turn up for a game. They put you into teams. Basically we weren't proper teams, just people thrown together.

Anyway, about 5 minutes in it was about 6-5 because it was abundantly clear that absolutely nobody could be bothered to defend. Ever. Everyone was just goal hanging.

Our team ended up winning by absolutely miles because I noticed that whicever team decided to defend would win easily. So that's what I did. I'm not exactly Bobby Moore but simply just having one person dedicated to defending was enough to thwart them.

But yeah, a waste of time. One fat word removed kept saying he should be motm because he scored 4 goals. He literally just stood up front. Anyone can score 4 goals if you stand in the opposition box. The rest of us were running around to give you the ball you fat shit

• Haha 2

I heard something on the radio this morning that really irritated me.

Just to give a background for those who don't know. At a lot of MLB games, usually during the seventh inning, they have have people who are outfitted in different kind of hot dog costumes, and they race around the outfield.  I've always enjoyed watching them. You cheer on the one you want to win, they tend to fall over each other, etc just good family fun.Now to the crux of my irritation.

PETA came out yesterday I believe in protest because they now want one of these hot dogs in costume to be 'vegan.' Not really clear if they mean one of them should portray a vegan hot dog, the human in the costume should be vegan, costume should be made with non-animal products, or something else that's not really clear.

I guess just in summation, with all that's going on in the world there really gonna focus on something like this? Yes I understand it is related to animals, but how can they really expect people to laser in and really care about this topic right now?

Just a disclaimer, I don't mind the vegan lifestyle and those who practice it, this is nothing to do with that.

I just hate when companies come out with things like this and protest it when their are way more important things in the world to get upset about.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Just to give a background for those who don't know. At a lot of MLB games, usually during the seventh inning, they have have people who are outfitted in different kind of hot dog costumes, and they race around the outfield.  I've always enjoyed watching them. You cheer on the one you want to win, they tend to fall over each other, etc just good family fun.Now to the crux of my irritation.

PETA came out yesterday I believe in protest because they now want one of these hot dogs in costume to be 'vegan.' Not really clear if they mean one of them should portray a vegan hot dog, the human in the costume should be vegan, costume should be made with non-animal products, or something else that's not really clear.

I guess just in summation, with all that's going on in the world there really gonna focus on something like this? Yes I understand it is related to animals, but how can they really expect people to laser in and really care about this topic right now?

Just a disclaimer, I don't mind the vegan lifestyle and those who practice it, this is nothing to do with that.

I just hate when companies come out with things like this and protest it when their are way more important things in the world to get upset about.

How - or what - the actual f*** is a vegan hotdog costume supposed to look like ?!? Or is it  the person wearing it has to be vegan ??

No offence Mr Salad but....only in America 🙄

• Like 1

Just now, mottaloo said:

How - or what - the actual f*** is a vegan hotdog costume supposed to look like ?!? Or is it  the person wearing it has to be vegan ??

No offence Mr Salad but....only in America 🙄

Oh no offence taken pal lol.

And yeah that's my question too. I'm absolutely clueless

• Like 1

I'd hope the costume portrays a plant based hotdog but underneath, the person is eating pork scratchings as he runs around the rounders* field

*sorry MLB fans :) 

• Haha 1

The desperate negativity on on-topic. I know I shouldn't let it bother me but the sense of entitlement of some fans...

I don't mean that to be that i'm a better fan or anything because I don't want it to read that way, but man alive, look at the positives. We were nearly out of business a few years back. 

Sorry for bringing it into off-topic 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

The desperate negatively on on-topic. I know I shouldn't let it bother me but the sense of entitlement of some fans...

I don't mean that to be that i'm a better fan or anything because I don't want it to read that way, but man alive, look at the positives. We were nearly out of business a few years back. 

Sorry for bringing it into off-topic 

Not a better fan, but not retarded either.

Some fans love that they are defined by the football club they follow - **** that, it's dull and makes you one dimensional and boring. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

The desperate negatively on on-topic. I know I shouldn't let it bother me but the sense of entitlement of some fans...

This!

Referring to out-of-favour players as Dregs. Some fans just don't deserve Aston Villa.

Edited by fruitvilla
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

This!

Referring to out-of-favour players as Dregs. Some fans just don't deserve Aston Villa.

This is why we can't have nice things. 

I try and give people the benefit of the doubt because I don't know their circumstances, or how old they are or what their personal situation is. It just seems so intense in there sometimes. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Big Salad said:

I agree. I think I've been vegan (herp derp, how do you know, I'm telling you, lol, etc)  coming up to 6 years now, and I think peta are a bunch of throbbing bellends who give us all a bad name.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Big Salad said:

I'm impressed.  I'm suprised the vegans could raise the energy to make the protest. They must be eating some bacon sandwiches on the sly.

• Like 1

Watch TOTP Fridays in BBC4. Always do, I can take the crunchy with the smooth, tonight was a pretty good Bragg appearance with Sexuality. That said, just hit the 4 year run of Bryan Adams at number one. 

On 17/08/2021 at 22:45, sidcow said:

Yesterday I was nearly run over on Colmore Row by a Just Eat delivery man who was riding his bike they wrong way down the road.  I was looking for a gap in the oncoming traffic (it's one way) and as I stepped out there were 2 of them side by side cycling down the wrong way. 

Did he stop? No he just shouted "Watch out, watch out, watch out" and I had to jump back out of his way. 

Despite him going the wrong way he had no intention of stopping and expected me to get out of the way.  Town is swarming with them and I've noticed many incidents of irresponsible driving.  Loads of cycling on pavements and usually far too fast.  I see trouble ahead. 

Exactly the same thing happened to me on Colmore Row a few weeks ago.

You basically have to edge into the road to see if you can cross due to the parked cars and bus stop so them cycling the wrong way down a one-way street is so dangerous. A second earlier and I would have been completely wiped out, actually brushed against me as I was crossing - Seems a matter of time before someone gets seriously hurt if this is usual behaviour

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Watch TOTP Fridays in BBC4. Always do, I can take the crunchy with the smooth, tonight was a pretty good Bragg appearance with Sexuality. That said, just hit the 4 year run of Bryan Adams at number one. 

That Bryan Adams thing amazed me. 

I mean who has been listening to that song drone on for 14 weeks thinking they don't want to buy it, listening to it over and over and over thinking, no I don't want to buy it.  Then after the 15th week go, yeah actually I DO want to buy it.  And there are enough people thinking that way to still keep it at number 1.

The mind just boggles. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

Â