Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

6 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Must  admit I hate this whole review type world we live in nowadays , you end up spending  far too much time reading reviews and deliberating over a choice based on the opinion of someone you don’t know … it’s a 5 star hotel it will be better than your home , it will have a bar and a concierge who can get you hookers at 5am …you don’t need to take into account the ramblings of some bloke on the internet who couldn’t get a Starbucks and didn’t like the fact the ketchup wasn’t Heinz.

it’s not just hotels , I spent 30 mins on Amazon the other month reading reviews on boxer shorts before making up my mind which ones to order … poxy boxer shorts , the only thing worse than people writing reviews on boxer shorts are the idiots that spend 30 minutes reading reviews on them !!

Like most things in life it’s about balance and not taking it too seriously.

I always read the reviews of hotels before I book them, but you have to take a lot of the complaints with a pinch of salt. 
The isolated complaint that the staff were rude when everyone else says they’re great, written by a word removed I’m sure.

But if everyone says “block 1 is extremely noisy” then I know to ask for one of the others. 

Edited by Genie

22 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

For watching Youtube on an Andriod phone, use the Youtube Vanced player. No ads, can play in the background and can still play with the screen turned off.

https://vancedapp.com/

the ads don't bother me, the ability to listen to a live recording of a gig and being able to turn the screen off is the box ticker for me

• Like 2

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

the ads don't bother me, the ability to listen to a live recording of a gig and being able to turn the screen off is the box ticker for me

You can do that if you subscribe. You also get all their content ad free and access to all of YouTube Music.

9 minutes ago, YLN said:

I can talk about a player from when I started following Villa, like Dwight Yorke, and still think myself a pretty young, hip dude.

But when someone on here mentions watching someone who played just before I became interested in Villa, like Tommy Johnson, I think they must be a sort of Dumbledore type character.

Good point. I perceive a huge gulf between the 1960s team that I started with (Hateley, Sleeuwenhoek, Graydon, Aitken, Ross, McMahon, etc.) and the '57 Cup winners - Dixon, McParland, et al). 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, YLN said:

I can talk about a player from when I started following Villa, like Dwight Yorke, and still think myself a pretty young, hip dude.

But when someone on here mentions watching someone who played just before I became interested in Villa, like Tommy Johnson, I think they must be a sort of Dumbledore type character.

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Good point. I perceive a huge gulf between the 1960s team that I started with (Hateley, Sleeuwenhoek, Graydon, Aitken, Ross, McMahon, etc.) and the '57 Cup winners - Dixon, McParland, et al). 

I was hit square in the face by a miss shot by Ray Graydon.

I perceived everyone in the crowd sort of flinch or move, so I looked up from collecting match sticks off the floor and BLAM, square in the face.

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

I was hit square in the face by a miss shot by Ray Graydon.

I perceived everyone in the crowd sort of flinch or move, so I looked up from collecting match sticks off the floor and BLAM, square in the face.

What a way to celebrate your 30th. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I was at that game, I'd forgotten about the puking. 

I was there too, I'm struggling to remember who the other Derby player we signed at same time.

TJ is the only player I've ever seen do that but I've seen plenty Villa players that made me feel like puking.

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

What a way to celebrate your 30th. 

I was in a Villa shirt, in the Cardiff City end.

They lifted me up, and he came over to ask if I was alright.

As you say, hell of a 30th.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Cheers, how can I forget, he was decent imo.

Divided opinion, like so many Villa fullbacks. I'm afraid I was in the 'anti' camp. Not bad going forward, but too soft defensively. I preferred Mark Delaney's no-nonsense approach. 

• Like 1

On 16/08/2021 at 10:08, Genie said:

McDonald’s has turned into a nightmare with JustEat/Mcdelivery/UberEats. 
They just can’t cope with all of that plus the restaurant and the drive through.

It seems like the app and delivery orders get priority. I wonder if local councils will start clamping down on them. Near me it’s traffic chaos at peak times. 

Yesterday I was nearly run over on Colmore Row by a Just Eat delivery man who was riding his bike they wrong way down the road.  I was looking for a gap in the oncoming traffic (it's one way) and as I stepped out there were 2 of them side by side cycling down the wrong way. 

Did he stop? No he just shouted "Watch out, watch out, watch out" and I had to jump back out of his way. 

Despite him going the wrong way he had no intention of stopping and expected me to get out of the way.  Town is swarming with them and I've noticed many incidents of irresponsible driving.  Loads of cycling on pavements and usually far too fast.  I see trouble ahead. 

21 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yesterday I was nearly run over on Colmore Row by a Just Eat delivery man who was riding his bike they wrong way down the road.  I was looking for a gap in the oncoming traffic (it's one way) and as I stepped out there were 2 of them side by side cycling down the wrong way. 

Did he stop? No he just shouted "Watch out, watch out, watch out" and I had to jump back out of his way. 

Despite him going the wrong way he had no intention of stopping and expected me to get out of the way.  Town is swarming with them and I've noticed many incidents of irresponsible driving.  Loads of cycling on pavements and usually far too fast.  I see trouble ahead. 

Have electric scooters arrived yet?

You ain’t seen nothin’ yet 

On 16/08/2021 at 13:42, limpid said:

People who moan about adverts, expect sites to be free, but don't subscribe.

To be fair to those who mentioned it, it wasn't adverts per se.  It's the pretty blatant increase of the amount of adverts in the last 18 months/2 years.

Youtube 10 years ago, 5 years ago, 3 years ago had an ad banner at the top/bottom and a 5 second, clickable ad at the start or halfway through.

Now it tends to be a 15/20 unavoidable ad, followed by a 5 seconds skippable ad, then the video, then another 5 second ad and then another one towards the end of the video (a 10 min video). 

It's very frustrating trying to watch a 30 second short and having at least 25 seconds worth of advert before it.

I don't think anyone minded 5/10 seconds before a vid or a banner - it's the greed that's annoying. 

• Like 1

Â