Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Just now, blandy said:

Sea change album. Have a dip in to  that, Mike. I’m trying to think of the track names, not googling, Golden Age opens it, Lost cause, Sunday Sun...like @Brumericansays, it’s beautiful. For me it’s by a distance the best thing he’s ever done. But stuff like “MTV makes me wanna smoke crack” are kind of an insight, too.

Yeah if you don't like Golden Age I'm not sure you even like music to be honest. It's flawless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve unfortunately just been reminded of this bugbear of mine...

People who play their music loudly in communal changing rooms...

After a early morning run (which I really didn’t enjoy and therefore not the cheeriest) the last thing I needed to be inflicted with was the best of Heart FM does ‘Rock’ with the tunes of Rag N’Boner, the ginger busker and worst of all coldeffingplay...

Hate Reaction GIF

9 hours ago, maqroll said:

My Dad would immediately think of this Beck-

https://moorewilsons.co.nz/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/e/becks/becks-24pk-330ml-31.jpg

After Jeff, that would be second. Third would be this bloke: 

cbcf8-beck.jpg

Edited by mjmooney

13 hours ago, blandy said:

Sea change album. Have a dip in to  that, Mike. I’m trying to think of the track names, not googling, Golden Age opens it, Lost cause, Sunday Sun...like @Brumericansays, it’s beautiful. For me it’s by a distance the best thing he’s ever done. But stuff like “MTV makes me wanna smoke crack” are kind of an insight, too.

OK, thanks, I'll check that out. 

EDIT: Just listening to The Golden Age. Yeah, I like this. Neil Young meets Gene Clark. Promising start. 

EDIT 2: Not all the way through yet, but I've heard enough to decide it's... OK. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Brumerican said:

deep down you know and like the song Loser . Everybody does.😀   (It's his Hi-Ho sliver Lining)

Perhaps we should temporarily adopt it as our anthem until Jack comes back.

Just now, BOF said:

Perhaps we should temporarily adopt it as our anthem until Jack comes back.

Never knew he was out to be honest . After a quick google to firstly see what day it is and then if there's a Villa game I can see we just lost at home to Spurs and we now have an International break.

Gives Kodjia a week to get fit I guess.

Up The Blues, A Non-Fans Guide To Talking Football - UNILAD

2 hours ago, bickster said:

You are Alanis Morrisette, I claim my £5 😀

Seen this type of post several times on here. I'll be honest, I have no idea what it is about or why it's meant to be funny. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Seen this type of post several times on here. I'll be honest, I have no idea what it is about or why it's meant to be funny. 

AM has a very famous song called Ironic, which she lists a whole load of things and says isn't it ironic.... except none of them are ironic

1 minute ago, bickster said:

AM has a very famous song called Ironic, which she lists a whole load of things and says isn't it ironic.... except none of them are ironic

Thanks but I meant the 'You are whoever, I claim my £5'.

He said with one hand in his pocket. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

Ah Ok, Newspapers and Radio Shows use to do these promotions where they'd have someone walk around a town for the day, they'd give out clues etc and if you approached said character and said something along the lines of "You are Mr Bumblebum off the radio, I claim my £5", you'd get given a fiver.

Newspapers used to tell you in the summer months for example that they'd be in Eastbourne that day and give you clues.

It's just kinda folklore now

There may be another explanation but thats where I take it from.

EDIT: Something in the back of my mind tells me Private Eye may have done a spoof based on this with Lord Lucan which may have added to it.

Yeah don't think I'm old enough to remember this. 

21 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Yeah don't think I'm old enough to remember this. 

Kolley Kibber in Brighton Rock essentially as described by Bicks. Spot them and claim money. Based on this. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobby_Lud

Lobby Lud is a fictional character created in August 1927 by the Westminster Gazette, a British newspaper, now defunct. The character was used in readers' prize competitions during the summer period. Anonymous employees visited seaside resorts and afterwards wrote down a detailed description of the town they visited, without giving away its name. They also described a person they happened to see that day and declared him to be the "Lobby Lud" of that issue. Readers were given a pass phrase and had to try and guess both the location and the person described by the reporters. Anyone carrying the newspaper could challenge Lobby Lud with the phrase and receive five pounds(about £300 in 2021[1]).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â