Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

The Days you've wasted.

You’re not telling me it’s dub, are you?

There’s vibes, reverb and playback on that thing, do you think she’s been all lively it up whilst I’ve been commuting to Norwich?

12 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

You’re not telling me it’s dub, are you?

There’s vibes, reverb and playback on that thing, do you think she’s been all lively it up whilst I’ve been commuting to Norwich?

Nah, it's more like Nils Frahm on Mogadon, it reminded me so much of babbling brook I needed a piss after about a minute.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

We’ve switched places ‘for the winter’. Wife working upstairs in the spare room with all the heating pipes under the floor boards. Me downstairs, out the back of the house open to the conservatory thing. So its definitely cooler down here in winter. We have that man / woman thing going on where she is upstairs in a heated room and comes downstairs to crank up the heating, whilst I’m sat downstairs at the back of the house, which is noticeably colder... wearing a tee shirt and summer weight trousers.

My view directly ahead, an electric piano, with sheet music ‘I Giorni, Ludovico Einaudi’ perched on it. Not once, since we swapped rooms back in October, have I googled up I Giorni to see if it is any good.

View to the side, our back garden.

We couldn’t be any more aspirational working class made good if we tried.

We have a very comfortable office setup in the spare room. 

My wife works just Wednesday and Thursday. So every Tuesday evening we have the discussion about meetings and what not to determine who will be in the office and who will be at the dining table.

Then on Wednesdays and Thursday I work at the dining table.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Nah, it's more like Nils Frahm on Mogadon, it reminded me so much of babbling brook I needed a piss after about a minute.

Ah ok, I don’t mind a little bit of Frahm.

I’m actually currently listening to Max Richter, On The Nature Of Daylight, whilst negotiating a price for ‘Rock Steady Got Soul’.

I’m like an off brand Xann.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I do this with the washing/drying/folding.

Now in banned 🎉 

I've been accused of this but I'm legitimately bad at hanging out the washing in a way that avoids creasing as well as folding the dry stuff so it does the same. There was a streak of nearly 10 years where I did my own washing and yet still I can't make an aesthetically pleasing pile of clean laundry. No idea why.

Edited by YouUnastanFren
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

Thinking about Michael Cera playing Beck in an inevitable biopic.

May never happen but I'm mad that it might.

Probably belongs in another thread, but I still get thrown when I hear/see someone reference 'Beck' in a music conversation. My initial assumption is always that they are talking about THE Beck. The good one. The more famous one. Jeff. 

• Like 1

All this talk of wheelie bins and rubbish, just be thankful you have them. 

In Brum City Council areas, the idea is to just throw your bin bags in the street at any time of the day or week. You might has well cut a hole in the side, saves the foxes and rats doing it. 

Just now, mjmooney said:

Probably belongs in another thread, but I still get thrown when I hear/see someone reference 'Beck' in a music conversation. My initial assumption is always that they are talking about THE Beck. The good one. The more famous one. Jeff. 

"The good one"  

As good as a guitarist as Jeff may be Beck plays 14 instruments. He's probably a lot more famous too.

Not that it matters , I like both .

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

"The good one"  

As good as a guitarist as Jeff may be Beck plays 14 instruments. He's probably a lot more famous too.

Not to me (or most of my contemporaries) he isn't. I couldn't name a single song by him. And that's after I've had ones recommended to me, and I've listened to them. 

Just now, mjmooney said:

Not to me (or most of my contemporaries) he isn't. I couldn't name a single song by him. And that's after I've had ones recommended to me, and I've listened to them. 

That's not how fame works.

OK, my 'good, famous' bit was tongue-in-cheek, more to take the piss out of myself than anything. 

My default understanding of who I think of when the name 'Beck' is mentioned, holds true, however. 

I concede that the Hansen feller is more famous nowadays (to the extent that there is probably an entire generation that's never heard of Jeff B). This does annoy me a little, even though it shouldn't. Hence, the correct thread. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

OK, my 'good, famous' bit was tongue-in-cheek, more to take the piss out of myself than anything. 

My default understanding of who I think of when the name 'Beck' is mentioned, holds true, however. 

I concede that the Hansen feller is more famous nowadays (to the extent that there is probably an entire generation that's never heard of Jeff B). This does annoy me a little, even though it shouldn't. Hence, the correct thread. 

I can understand you maybe not liking his hip hop experimental stylings but he started out very much in the Bob Dylan mould . There's something for everyone with Beck and deep down you know and like the song Loser . Everybody does.😀   (It's his Hi-Ho sliver Lining)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

THE Beck. The good one. The more famous one. Jeff. 

Beck Hansen is a bloomin' musical genius. Massive talent. People who've only heard his famous stuff "Loser", Nicotine & Gravy (Mmmm, gravy) etc. are missing a treat, IMO.

Sea Change is a fantastic album, for example. One of my absolute favourites, and not like the tracks people know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â