Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

The younger generations in Poland are the most progressive generation in Poland ever probably. Then to counter that, you have a large % of hard right twenty-somethings who play into PiS's (who have mostly older support) hands.

it's a real mess here, honestly.

I guess it's a generational transition, but a more severe one than normal, as it's 2 completely different ideologies co-existing. The problems as you say are when people of the same generation have polar opposite hopes for the country. The hope is not too much damage is done while it all gets sorted. That's the hope ...

Tomorrow is bin day, I'm looking out of the window at the close opposite, there are at least 5 bins out for the binmen already. They will not turn up for at least another 24 hours

People keep coming out of their houses to put their latest cardboard and plastic in the bins, I expect they will do this again after lunch and probably after their evening meal too

WHY FFS? do it in the morning like a normal person. It's not even one of them it's over half of the close.

They've put their bin out, so we've got to do it too

You'd imagine these people will bring their bins in as soon as they've been collected? Don't be silly, that might take another day or so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

I won't lie. It makes me smile that you are not only curtain twitching at other people's bin behaviour, but you're coming to VT to tell on them :lol:

It’s kinda unavoidable to look at them. My view

8936BA61-2FAC-46EF-9839-A66CDB5D976E.jpeg

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

...whilst shouting regular updates to Mrs Bickster in the other room. 

’....and they’ve mixed the paper and the cardboard again...’

’...I did politely pop that note through the door 2 weeks running about the difference between foil and silver paper, never a word of thanks...’ 

‘... number 24 has two glass bins now. Absolute piss head...’

‘...they reckon Clive the recycling manager has shagged every wife in this Close except one....’

Mrs Bicks:  ‘I bet it’s her at number 28...’

Bicks: ‘....what?...speak up...’

Mrs Bicks: ‘...nothing dear...’

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

46 minutes ago, bickster said:

Tomorrow is bin day, I'm looking out of the window at the close opposite, there are at least 5 bins out for the binmen already. They will not turn up for at least another 24 hours

People keep coming out of their houses to put their latest cardboard and plastic in the bins, I expect they will do this again after lunch and probably after their evening meal too

WHY FFS? do it in the morning like a normal person. It's not even one of them it's over half of the close.

They've put their bin out, so we've got to do it too

You'd imagine these people will bring their bins in as soon as they've been collected? Don't be silly, that might take another day or so.

I live on a road of 5 houses, my house is first and the bins get left on a little collection point at our end.  In 2 of the other 4 houses are pensioners. They put their bin out latest 11am the day before it’s collected. Sometimes 8 or 9am. Then as you mentioned, come out several times during the day to put rubbish in the bin.

Why? Just do it early on the day or last thing before you go to bed.

I’m glad it’s not just me that it pisses off :lol: 

In fairness, they are also out like a flash to collect them once emptied.

It’s things like this that terrify me about getting old / retired.

Edited by Genie

46 minutes ago, Genie said:

It's things like this that terrify me about getting old / retired.

If that's the biggest thing that terrifies you about getting old, I'm afraid I've got plenty of bad news for you. 

BTW, FWIW I put my bins out at 8.00 pm the night before the collection, because that's when my phone reminder prompts me. The binmen tend to rock up very early, so leaving it till the morning is a no-no. 

1 hour ago, bickster said:

It’s kinda unavoidable to look at them. My view

8936BA61-2FAC-46EF-9839-A66CDB5D976E.jpeg

Unavoidable in the fact you somewhat conveniently set up in the window overlooking your road 🤣   

11 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Unavoidable in the fact you somewhat conveniently set up in the window overlooking your road 🤣   

It is the only place my oversized desk (bought for a previous residence), fits in the entire house

34 minutes ago, bickster said:

It is the only place my oversized desk (bought for a previous residence), fits in the entire house

Not the one you 'procured' from your former works colleague ? 

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Not the one you 'procured' from your former works colleague ? 

No thats the one in my office, this one is bigger than that anyway. It easily fits PC, Two Screens, Studio Speakers, Amp, Cd Deck, Record Player, Record Cleaning machine and still has a bit more space. It's a monster

• Like 1

I wish we had wheelie bins here in Dudley. This is our recycling set up;

Most people put their bags out the night before as it's collected early.

When it's a bit windy, our street looks like this the next morning;

e69dd8f3cecaa20f2565265db2b702f4

But less scousey.

• Like 2

We get on fairly well with our next door neighbours, but I noticed glass bottles sticking out of their general waste the other day.

Then I realised, I've never seen them put their recycling out, I think they must stick everything in general waste.

I'd say something but he's bigger than me and he knows where I live.

Edited by Paddywhack

55 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

My wifes office overlooks the road. Mine overlooks squirrels robbing my bird seed. 

We’ve switched places ‘for the winter’. Wife working upstairs in the spare room with all the heating pipes under the floor boards. Me downstairs, out the back of the house open to the conservatory thing. So its definitely cooler down here in winter. We have that man / woman thing going on where she is upstairs in a heated room and comes downstairs to crank up the heating, whilst I’m sat downstairs at the back of the house, which is noticeably colder... wearing a tee shirt and summer weight trousers.

My view directly ahead, an electric piano, with sheet music ‘I Giorni, Ludovico Einaudi’ perched on it. Not once, since we swapped rooms back in October, have I googled up I Giorni to see if it is any good.

View to the side, our back garden.

We couldn’t be any more aspirational working class made good if we tried.

33 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

We’ve switched places ‘for the winter’. Wife working upstairs in the spare room with all the heating pipes under the floor boards. Me downstairs, out the back of the house open to the conservatory thing. So its definitely cooler down here in winter. We have that man / woman thing going on where she is upstairs in a heated room and comes downstairs to crank up the heating, whilst I’m sat downstairs at the back of the house, which is noticeably colder... wearing a tee shirt and summer weight trousers.

My view directly ahead, an electric piano, with sheet music ‘I Giorni, Ludovico Einaudi’ perched on it. Not once, since we swapped rooms back in October, have I googled up I Giorni to see if it is any good.

View to the side, our back garden.

We couldn’t be any more aspirational working class made good if we tried.

Similar tale minus the italian restaurant menu on the piano. I am quite happy with the early morning temperatures in the conservatory. She is also just far enough away for me to hear her demands for coffee. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

Â