Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

is there anything more infuriating in the first-world than getting an email from a courier telling you that they tried to deliver a parcel to you but you weren’t in?

my delivery window is 1-3pm and I’ve spent all morning sat at home thinking about it, for them to ‘attempt’ a delivery at 11.11

we’re in a national lockdown, Hermes, of course I’m home. 

10 minutes ago, a m ole said:

is there anything more infuriating in the first-world than getting an email from a courier telling you that they tried to deliver a parcel to you but you weren’t in?

my delivery window is 1-3pm and I’ve spent all morning sat at home thinking about it, for them to ‘attempt’ a delivery at 11.11

we’re in a national lockdown, Hermes, of course I’m home. 

Careful with these. There are a lot of scams trying to get you to pay a small amount for redelivery. They are there to harvest card details.

And this is made so much worse because thanks to Brexit, those same couriers also have to collect vastly more customs payments.

• Like 1

Just now, limpid said:

Careful with these. There are a lot of scams trying to get you to pay a small amount for redelivery. They are there to harvest card details.

And this is made so much worse because thanks to Brexit, those same couriers also have to collect vastly more customs payments.

it has come through the retailers site so it’s legit, but appreciate it

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

it has come through the retailers site so it’s legit, but appreciate it

I'm prepared to bet that it didn't :mrgreen: but, as long as you aren't being asked to pay anything there won't be a problem.

17 minutes ago, limpid said:

I'm prepared to bet that it didn't :mrgreen: but, as long as you aren't being asked to pay anything there won't be a problem.

It’s in the Hermes tracking information and retailers order status when I log into the site, I’ve had to work with couriers before as an e-tailer and they can get away with absolutely dogshit service all round because they’re so relied upon.

The annoying thing is, it even says that they’ll leave any parcel by your front door because of covid so either someone **** up and didn’t get it on the van or the driver couldn’t be arsed to get through the electric gate in my flat complex.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

Those Numan adverts for erectile dysfunction and hair loss, especially the latter where he goes 'DESPAIR, DESPAIR, DESPAIR'.  It's not a particularly pleasant way of marketing to people who are trying to get used to something that is a natural process.  I suspect their product doesn't really help much anyway.

Tamworth the most recent town to be shitting it’s pants at the dog snatchers putting cable ties on lampposts hoax.

Considering the town seems to havs more than it’s fair share of Covid sceptics it’s not really a surprise.

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

Tamworth the most recent town to be shitting it’s pants at the dog snatchers putting cable ties on lampposts hoax.

Considering the town seems to havs more than it’s fair share of Covid sceptics it’s not really a surprise.

Is this a thing? 

Thank god I haven't got a lamp post outside my house. 

Then again I don't own a dog either. 

It seems a bit 19th Century.  Wouldn't What Three Words be a more reliable way of identifying a dog owning house? 

Just now, sidcow said:

Is this a thing? 

Thank god I haven't got a lamp post outside my house. 

Then again I don't own a dog either. 

It seems a bit 19th Century.  Wouldn't What Three Words be a more reliable way of identifying a dog owning house? 

It’s something that seems to sweep through towns all over the country because there’s an abundance of 1) cable ties on lampposts and 2) gullible people. 

• Like 2

Bloody WhatsApp group invaded by plastic scousers at our full time. Clearly with very short memories considering yesterday’s fiasco at Anfield. 

they’re as bad as Leeds fans for being a bunch of self righteous clearing in the woods! 

28 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think the anger I feel towards those who leave electric scooters in the middle of footpaths, with zero **** given for other people, is a bit OTT. It's like they intentionally leave them in the least space efficient way as well.

Entirely justfied. They’re a f***ing pest. 

image.jpeg

Edited by El Zen
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, maqroll said:

"Gender Reveal Parties"

Definitely this. There’s usually only a limited group of close friends and family that really care what gender your child is.

It’s either going to be one or the other (if we’re talking biological sex, rather than the array of chosen genders). 

I’d like to add baby showers in the UK to that too, we’ve basically just copied what’s been shown on TV and now everyone that has a kid has to have a baby shower. I’ve been forced to be involved with them at work, I don’t like them. It’s just wrong. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

"Gender Reveal Parties"

Yep agree with this. I absolutely hate them.

Along with it being arrogant and obnoxious to expect other people to care what sex your baby is, my biggest issue is it doesn't matter.

The parents always celebrate like it's the best thing in the world. But if the balloon was blue instead of pink you'd have exactly the same reaction. What's the point?!

• Like 1

I don't know if there's some logic to it that I haven't grasped yet... but the fact they're applying the away goals rule to Chelsea's Champions League tie even though the games are at neutral venues...

• Like 1

Â