Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Anyway, this wind is definitely pissing me off now. Our house is covered in scaffolding and is basically located opposite the Irish Sea with not much in the way to block the wind. The noise out of the scaffolding boards lifting up is getting on my wick now

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Anyway, this wind is definitely pissing me off now. Our house is covered in scaffolding and is basically located opposite the Irish Sea with not much in the way to block the wind. The noise out of the scaffolding boards lifting up is getting on my wick now

On the plus side, my nipper who has been sending me pictures of Switzerland for the last 3 days has now spent 12 hours in a Zurich departure lounge.

58 minutes ago, bickster said:

Perhaps some soothing bag pipe music  will drown out the noise of the scaffolding boards 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Why did it have to be about taste? Plenty of dentists don't eat fruit or brush their teeth straight after. You said you don't get why people don't like fruit (as a whole group), lots of people don't like sweet things, others avoid food that rots their teeth, there's a whole host of reasons

On another tangent, cleaning your teeth and then eating some fruit or drinking juice. Awful taste.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

This does remind me of a blind spot I've had with the GF recently though. You know one of those things that seems utterly stupid to most people, but you've managed to miss it your whole life.

The other night I asked her to chuck me an orange. We haven't had them in the house for a while.

She did, but asked "how are you going to eat it?"

I was confused. "What do you mean?"

"How are you going to eat that?!"

"What do you mean 'how am I going to eat it?'? How everybody would eat an orange!"

"Don't you need a knife?"

"Eh? I'm just going to peel it an eat it"

"With what?"

"Huh? With my hands"

"but you can't"

"Why?"

"You can't peel that orange?"

"What are you talking about?!"

This went on for longer than I'd like to admit. Turns outshe didn't think you could peel big oranges. Only the small ones like satsumas were peelable. She thought big oranges you had to cut into segments (like half time oranges) and that they weren't naturally segmented like the smaller ones.

I remain utterly dumbfounded by this :D 

Women. The endless mystery.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I didn’t really know where it was going to be honest.

There was the obvious cum / kum juvenile joke to be had, but I didn’t really have an endpoint in mind.

I think I was trying to create a distraction for a couple of others to lose interest in a rolling squabble.

I thought it was because kumquats aren't sweet.

I don't like fruit. Nothing to do with sweetness or sugar. I love that shit. Cakes, biscuits, chocolate, honey, maple syrup - bring it on. 

It more to do with acidity, texture and the general messing about with skin, stalks, pips, stones, pith, etc. And the sticky effect on your hands. The actual flavours are mostly OK (with some exceptions - don't like rapberries at all, for example). I drink bottled orange juice (smooth, no bits).

Edited by mjmooney

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

an Eminem joke on Mike  .... .can't help but feel that gag is somewhat wasted :)

It totally was. I spotted my typo, but had no idea what Brian was on about. 

3 hours ago, supermon said:

Listening to a fellow work colleague furiously type something up on their keyboard, sounds like an avalanche of some sort...calm the **** down!

Swap 2 keys around that are neighbours but not that well known,  like ";"and "'"  It will crush him within an hour.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â