Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

26 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I used them once, too. It was absolutely fine. Leeds to Biarritz, 80p each way. With taxes, etc., £15 total. 

Should have seen mine Mike. Late(ish) flight from Riga to Stanstead. It was like an 18-30 event in the skies. To add insult to injury, my luggage was damaged! 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Retro anecdote:

My luggage was damaged on a hovercraft flight.

I have memories of me as a kid watching them come ashore in the Isle of Wight. I was fascinated by them.

Just looked and they still run them... I thought they defunct now. 

this shouldn't piss me off, but I am very underwhelmed by this "storm" so far, was quite looking forward to waking up to gales and rain thundering down. Instead, we still had time to squeeze in a morning run in perfectly pleasant weather, and having cancelled later plans on the assumption it will be shit, I am now suspecting it's going to be quite anti-climactic. Currently - a bit windy and some dabbles of rain. Woeful effort. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Rodders said:

this shouldn't piss me off, but I am very underwhelmed by this "storm" so far, was quite looking forward to waking up to gales and rain thundering down. Instead, we still had time to squeeze in a morning run in perfectly pleasant weather, and having cancelled later plans on the assumption it will be shit, I am now suspecting it's going to be quite anti-climactic. Currently - a bit windy and some dabbles of rain. Woeful effort. 

Yeah, it’s almost as if they exaggerate things like this to keep us from focusing on the important topics of the day/time.......

On 07/02/2020 at 22:20, Xela said:

Used Ryanair once. Never again. 

Ryanair gets used for Liverpool to Dublin only (Only carrier and the flight is 35 mins)

Flybe - 4 different journeys, they've cancelled 3 of them. 2 Liverpool to Southampton when... "They sent a plane that was too small" - uttter horseshit and one Manchester to Brussels (with @blandy ) when they cancelled the first flight of the day because of a"Computer problem on the aircraft" and bumped us to the last flight of the day - strange there were only 2 other people apart from us at the gate when this happened. Never booking with them again

Easyjet - never had a problem

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

Weather pretty awful in Brum. Howling winds and rain. 

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yeah, it’s almost as if they exaggerate things like this to keep us from focusing on the important topics of the day/time.......

I'm not sure If i read it here or a non football forum I browse (yes, there are others) and it was saying that the country has been divided into groups, deliberately... like left/right, leave/remain, tory/labour, climate change believers/deniers, pro/anti immigration, etc, and people take their anger and frustration out on other groups and that's exactly how the powers that be want it, as fighting amongst each others keeps the population in check. Otherwise, if they had time to think and come together, they would realise they are all being shafted by the same people and rise up and revolt.  

Its an interesting theory. 

• Like 1

I have this important task that needs to be done by first thing tomorrow morning. For me to do it, means doing it manually and will take at least 5 hours. Our software suppliers can just copy and paste it in seconds (why we don't have this functionality I really don't know), so I asked them to do it for me as it'll take them seconds. I've logged in to check this morning and ... nah, not been done

There goes my Sunday. *insert many swear words here*

Oh well, this overtime will definitely be logged

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I'm not sure If i read it here or a non football forum I browse (yes, there are others) and it was saying that the country has been divided into groups, deliberately... like left/right, leave/remain, tory/labour, climate change believers/deniers, pro/anti immigration, etc, and people take their anger and frustration out on other groups and that's exactly how the powers that be want it, as fighting amongst each others keeps the population in check. Otherwise, if they had time to think and come together, they would realise they are all being shafted by the same people and rise up and revolt.  

Its an interesting theory. 

Divide and conquer, it’s nothing new, been used since day dot.

• Like 1

I had to come to a complete stop on a slip road on the A1 with other cars behind me because there was a line of about a dozen unaware ballbags that refused to move over in to the completely empty second lane to let me merge in. 

Should have followed each of them and burned their **** houses down.

Luckily the surfer has been found safe but what a candidate for a Darwin award. Utterly selfish as well. Should be billed for the rescue. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I had to come to a complete stop on a slip road on the A1 with other cars behind me because there was a line of about a dozen unaware ballbags that refused to move over in to the completely empty second lane to let me merge in. 

Should have followed each of them and burned their **** houses down.

Surely you'd have needed 11 friends in 11 different cars to help you?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Luckily the surfer has been found safe but what a candidate for a Darwin award. Utterly selfish as well. Should be billed for the rescue. 

How's the British policy on SAR when you're stupid? I honestly don't know the Norwegian policy. I seem to remember a Norwegian 'adventurer' or pillock ignoring the warnings from New Zealand in regards to travels in International waters or something, then they had to send out a rescue team and it was big talk about him being fined with the cost of the operation. Not sure how it panned out. 

4 hours ago, Xela said:

Seemingly this was what the RNLI were up against:

(It is just someone on Twitter, so I don't even know if that's genuine footage, but nobody in the comments seems to be challenging it).

Don't want to pile on to someone who made a bad mistake, but it really was dumb.

• Like 1

Â