Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

People that are telling you a story that go off on tangents so you can’t even focus on what the point of all their waffle is, piss me off. Happens at work all the time when people tell you about something, one topic switches around 4 or 5 different, irrelevant points before they forget what their original point was. All the while I’m wishing them to STFU and making a mental note to never speak to them again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

People talking on the phone in airports/public spaces.

KEEP YOUR BLOODY VOICE DOWN FFS

No-one else cares about your stupid business deal. 

Sorry mate, people need to know i'm a big hot shot! 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Thanks to a combination of West Midlands Railway cancelling 2/3rds of the trains on my line because of a lack of available crew, and the highways agency deciding they need to do roadworks on every route away from the station at the same time because, lo and behold, some work needs doing right in line with financial year end, I've just walked in. 

And the train was rammed, of course. And I had to stand crammed between a bike, a living pile of fake tan that had multiplied, and a family with a screaming toddler, and their dumped pram. Which of course they didn't put the brake on, so the entire journey had the handle bump into the small of my back.

**** everything.

I went to get the 4:45pm out of New Street today which is usually 6 coaches. Cancelled. The 3 coacher 4:55pm was packed tighter than one of those carnival minis that clowns disembark from. 

WFH tomorrow I think. 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

I went to get the 4:45pm out of New Street today which is usually 6 coaches. Cancelled. The 3 coacher 4:55pm was packed tighter than one of those carnival minis that clowns disembark from. 

WFH tomorrow I think. 

Because of my mental issues I tend to catch later trains, which I'm not too bothered by. The 6.15 was so packed they actually had an announcement telling people to stop trying to get on. Completely absurd.

The last train I got out of New Street was a couple of weeks ago after a works conference, was delayed by about 50 mins due to “waiting for a staff member”. I missed my connection at Sheffield and got home around 10pm, two hours later than planned. I don’t travel by train a lot so it doesn’t bother me that much. What bothered me more was the idiots at work the following day asking me if I got home okay. The fact they couldn’t work out whether I had in fact got home safely, or whether I was still on the train, baffles me. 

54 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Thanks to a combination of West Midlands Railway cancelling 2/3rds of the trains on my line because of a lack of available crew, and the highways agency deciding they need to do roadworks on every route away from the station at the same time because, lo and behold, some work needs doing right in line with financial year end, I've just walked in. 

Every time I get the train to New Street or I'm in Grand Central anyway there are numerous cancellations for this reason. I don't get it. It's too many to people phoning in sick or anything.

I was going to London on my birthday and 3 or 4 trains to London were cancelled due to lack of available crew

I can only assume that West Mids railway is running on the bones of its arse. The amount of cancellations there's been because of 'crew inavailability' has been obscene. It generally has got better since they had their wrist slapped but today... I'm not joking, 2/3rds of the trains, at the key commuter time, cancelled due to lack of crew, on a major line. And the ones that did turn up were late.

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

People that are telling you a story that go off on tangents so you can’t even focus on what the point of all their waffle is, piss me off. Happens at work all the time when people tell you about something, one topic switches around 4 or 5 different, irrelevant points before they forget what their original point was. All the while I’m wishing them to STFU and making a mental note to never speak to them again. 

I'm really bad at that, I've got a hilarious story to tell and I get so muddled that I completely ruin it and the other person doesnt laugh.  Makes me a feel a right bell end.

11 hours ago, Chindie said:

I can only assume that West Mids railway is running on the bones of its arse. The amount of cancellations there's been because of 'crew inavailability' has been obscene. It generally has got better since they had their wrist slapped but today... I'm not joking, 2/3rds of the trains, at the key commuter time, cancelled due to lack of crew, on a major line. And the ones that did turn up were late.

Didn't the mayor issue an ultimatum telling them if things don't improve by the end of January (or something) then they'd lose the contract?

Don't know what came of that

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Didn't the mayor issue an ultimatum telling them if things don't improve by the end of January (or something) then they'd lose the contract?

Don't know what came of that

It is not up to Andy Street who gets or keeps train franchises in the West Midlands.

His 'ultimatum' was that he was going to lobby government to remove the franchise - he may well be listened to more than other lone voices but he doesn't have control over it.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, snowychap said:

It is not up to Andy Street who gets or keeps train franchises in the West Midlands.

His 'ultimatum' was that he was going to lobby government to remove the franchise - he may well be listened to more than other lone voices but he doesn't have control over it.

Fair enough, I don't know how it all works, just remember seeing the story (it was about a week before said birthday trip with multiple cancelled trains so I took a special interest)

After a google it seems absolutely nothing has come of his "ultimatum" so doesn't look like he's done anything about it anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Fair enough, I don't know how it all works, just remember seeing the story (it was about a week before said birthday trip with multiple cancelled trains so I took a special interest)

After a google it seems absolutely nothing has come of his "ultimatum" so doesn't look like he's done anything about it anyway.

Yes, I remember him being very vocal about it - which is fine as he's an elected representative, people in the area are pissed off about WM trains and he should be a voice for the people of the West Mids.

It was just that either he or the media (or both) represented it as though he had the power to strip the franchise from them when that's something to do with national government (that may change if the part of the Tory manifesto about scrapping rail franchises and devolving power to metro mayors comes about).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

People talking on the phone in airports/public spaces.

KEEP YOUR BLOODY VOICE DOWN FFS

No-one else cares about your stupid business deal. 

The older I get the more I appreciate that Dom Joly sketch. Same with re-watching the Office, I didn't really appreciate it as much when I was a teenager. Nowadays I see Brents all over the place

• Like 2

I live away from Brum so don’t get many chances to watch Villa. 
my best mate down here happens to be a Palace fan.

a few of us were planning to come up for the villa palace match in April and I even managed to get some free tickets off a mate.

now the game has been moved to a Monday night for the TV... 

livid... utter utter garbage fixture for TV and screwed up a good lads weekend away on old stomping grounds.

i won’t watch this game out of spite 😤

I've been in the position where I've been the guy stuck between the board of directors of my company, HR, the unions and workers because of disagreements about night shift compensation. 

Basically where we previously got 100 % for night work, we now only get 50%. Unfortunately this change comes from a bunch of suit monkeys that haven't worked a night shift in their life. 

They genuinly argued 100% compensation had to be removed for night work cause they didn't want people abusing it to make more money. 

The fact that everyone hates night work due to no family life, no social life, headaches, sleep issues and much more was apparently a non issue. 

And now the guys that normally are my night crew aren't interested in working nights anymore. So I have to stand hat in hand asking them to help.

Ironically these guys make the least money in our company and generate our largest profit margin. Some directors and HR people really are special kind of stupid at running a business. 

Such a total clusterf***

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Â