Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Seemingly this was what the RNLI were up against:

(It is just someone on Twitter, so I don't even know if that's genuine footage, but nobody in the comments seems to be challenging it).

Don't want to pile on to someone who made a bad mistake, but it really was dumb.

It is genuine as the RNLI have posted the same video

This was the numpty in question

• Sad 1

I can vouch for the plight of Xann and other Londoners. I’ve been doing Forest Hill / Earl’s Court / Watford and sometimes the trains and tubes are so bad I have to wait up to 10 minutes for another one.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

A nice big juicy orange.

You get peeling, put the effort in. Get it peeled.

Pull off a segment and dig in.

Bitter as ****

What a let down

Talking about this the other day with colleagues. You have a pack of oranges, eat one, absolutely banging, sweet juicy perfection. Same batch, have another - tastes like sour dogshit.

• Like 1

Sainsbury's.

For the past 2 years they have permanently had Skyr yogurt on 'special offer' - either the small tubs £1.25 or the big ones £2.25. Alternating offer. Take your pick.

Now they have done away with the big tubs, only sell the little ones and it's £1.90.

It was my go to pop up in there before work supermarket quick fix snack. Now what am I supposed to do. Drive to Tesco's? Ain't no-one got time for that.

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Talking about this the other day with colleagues. You have a pack of oranges, eat one, absolutely banging, sweet juicy perfection. Same batch, have another - tastes like sour dogshit.

Exactly. That exact thing happened with this. Had one last night, utterly delicious.

One from the same bag today, shite.

This does remind me of a blind spot I've had with the GF recently though. You know one of those things that seems utterly stupid to most people, but you've managed to miss it your whole life.

The other night I asked her to chuck me an orange. We haven't had them in the house for a while.

She did, but asked "how are you going to eat it?"

I was confused. "What do you mean?"

"How are you going to eat that?!"

"What do you mean 'how am I going to eat it?'? How everybody would eat an orange!"

"Don't you need a knife?"

"Eh? I'm just going to peel it an eat it"

"With what?"

"Huh? With my hands"

"but you can't"

"Why?"

"You can't peel that orange?"

"What are you talking about?!"

This went on for longer than I'd like to admit. Turns outshe didn't think you could peel big oranges. Only the small ones like satsumas were peelable. She thought big oranges you had to cut into segments (like half time oranges) and that they weren't naturally segmented like the smaller ones.

I remain utterly dumbfounded by this :D 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I am an easy peeler kind of guy, a satsuma or a clementine - whatever they are called.

Those big oranges can get to ****.
"What are your plans tonight mate?"

"Peeling an orange "

Sod that.

Haha true. but you at least knew that it was physically possible to peel a big orange

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

The only thing preventing oranges from being the shittest fruit is the existence of pears. 

Pears do taste quite nice, but they seem to have an edibility window of about ten nanoseconds between 'rock hard' and 'brown mush'. 

I really can't be arsed with fruit at all. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I really can't be arsed with fruit at all. 

this

fruit should only be eaten in Opal fruits or skittles  variations

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

This went on for longer than I'd like to admit. Turns outshe didn't think you could peel big oranges. Only the small ones like satsumas were peelable. She thought big oranges you had to cut into segments (like half time oranges) and that they weren't naturally segmented like the smaller ones.

I remain utterly dumbfounded by this :D 

She was obviously taking the pith...

:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Oranges - too much effort for too little reward.

Pears and Bananas have a very small edible shelf life for me to eat. 

For no nonsense mobile low effort fruit then it is the humble apple that is king. Pink lady version. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Xela said:

Oranges - too much effort for too little reward.

Pears and Bananas have a very small edible shelf life for me to eat. 

For no nonsense mobile low effort fruit then it is the humble apple that is king. Pink lady version. 

Pink Lady are definitely the best

Â