Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

32 minutes ago, BOF said:

Randomers going over and playing the piano in the arrivals area of the airport.  I know that's what it's there for.  That's why it shouldn't piss me off.   But is it too much to ask that I wait in **** silence?  I don't care how good you are.  I didn't come here for a **** musical performance.

they always seem to be spontaneously  videoed as well , just like those kids who spontaneously give their left over happy meal to a homeless man whilst Daddy had time to set up a tripod and get the best camera angle

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

they always seem to be spontaneously  videoed as well , just like those kids who spontaneously give their left over happy meal to a homeless man whilst Daddy had time to set up a tripod and get the best camera angle

No these aren't videoed or anything like that.  They just take the liberty.

2 hours ago, Rodders said:

people who play music / videos / podcasts whatever - in public areas without headphones, with just general callous disregard for anyone else's own interests. I'm trying to read a book and this arse nearby is  - in the café lounge area - just blasting out youtube videos. Absolute tool. I can tune out loud conversations no problem - with the occasional exception of those people who absolutely insist everyone nearby is witness to their latest source of outrage.

Cafe's are a bit less bad than buses / trains - pure evil - but still annoying. Is it a lack of self awareness? Not caring or am I too wound up by it? Similarly people who are clearly doing something like duolingo where I can here the PING! every 5 seconds when they've completed a task. Yes, you're very clever, TURN THE VOLUME DOWN.

I think it’s this.

My missus does it when I’m trying to watch tv (usually the football). She’s there watching random stupid clips on social media. Really makes my blood boil but have stopped commenting now to avoid an argument. I just walk out the room instead.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Randomers going over and playing the piano in the arrivals area of the airport.  I know that's what it's there for.  That's why it shouldn't piss me off.   But is it too much to ask that I wait in **** silence?  I don't care how good you are.  I didn't come here for a **** musical performance.

I actually really like that. Cheers me up. 

• Like 2

There's a piano in Tottenham Court Road tube station.

A few months ago I was waiting for a friend in there. A chap walks up to the piano sits down and starts to play.

He's amazing. Chopin, Debussy, Satie, Prokofiev, songs from the musicals and more. All played beautifully from memory. Didn't really care that my friend was late.

It got a bit surreal when it kicked off between two groups of young adults just outside the barriers.

Piano man just kept playing as the fight went on, seemingly oblivious to the flailing arms and legs a few meters away :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Bands gear stolen

Bands gear stolen

Bands gear stolen

This pisses me off when it shouldnt. The amount of times I used to see on Facebook, people sharing posts from bands that had gear stolen from cars, vans or trailers. This is lunacy by the band and sorry, they deserve everything they get. You leave gear in a van, you leave a band member in the van. Someone should stay with the gear. You wouldnt leave 800 quid unattended on the dashboard so why take a risk in a strange town and leave the essentials for your job unattended. Ridiculous.

Its like those crazy girls who go out in short skirts and then get sexually assualted? 🙄

Lets not blame the victims, but the criminals.

22 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Its like those crazy girls who go out in short skirts and then get sexually assualted? 🙄

Lets not blame the victims, but the criminals.

I think the phrase "you're asking for trouble" would really only apply to the gear in van situation and NOT how someone (male or female) dresses, no matter how revealing their outfit might be.

In an ideal world you should be allowed to leave stuff on your back seat or in your van but i for one am far too cynical to believe my possessions would be safe, away from temptation of the local scallies and their sticky fingers so i do what I can to reduce that temptation. At the end of the day, it's "stuff" and not a living person or animal.

Sadly, some of those same scallies and sicko types are of the same mindset when it comes to sexual assault or worse. 

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rodders said:

people who play music / videos / podcasts whatever - in public areas without headphones, with just general callous disregard for anyone else's own interests. I'm trying to read a book and this arse nearby is  - in the café lounge area - just blasting out youtube videos. Absolute tool. I can tune out loud conversations no problem - with the occasional exception of those people who absolutely insist everyone nearby is witness to their latest source of outrage.

Cafe's are a bit less bad than buses / trains - pure evil - but still annoying. Is it a lack of self awareness? Not caring or am I too wound up by it? Similarly people who are clearly doing something like duolingo where I can here the PING! every 5 seconds when they've completed a task. Yes, you're very clever, TURN THE VOLUME DOWN.

I was on the bus the other Saturday into town and this chap got on and he was watching the Brighton Villa game with full commentary blasting out.

I was still fuming at his blatant disregard. His Mrs was with him too and not once did he look up getting on and off the bus. Poor women.

True story that. True story.

Ryanairs randomly allocated seats

Booked as 2 people together, checked in as 2 people together, you can guarantee that's you pair sat at opposite ends of the plane in middle seats

Random my left bollock

Everything else about them I can stomach, get what you pay for but that takes the piss 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think it’s this.

My missus does it when I’m trying to watch tv (usually the football). She’s there watching random stupid clips on social media. Really makes my blood boil but have stopped commenting now to avoid an argument. I just walk out the room instead.  

Walk directly to the local pub, no words, just go

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Ryanairs randomly allocated seats

Booked as 2 people together, checked in as 2 people together, you can guarantee that's you pair sat at opposite ends of the plane in middle seats

Random my left bollock

Everything else about them I can stomach, get what you pay for but that takes the piss 

it costs them absolutely nothing to let you choose your own seats online

• Like 2

There's a few that do different things, flying flybe last week for example is also random but checking me if and then checking the wife in after resulted in us sat next to each other (both times) so you can assume they just book people 1st come 1st serve, had plenty of times where we've been apart but it's not that big a problem but ryanair are the only ones that it seems like they purposefully give you a middle seat at random let alone split you up 

Happens to us every time 

2 hours ago, bickster said:

it costs them absolutely nothing to let you choose your own seats online

And yet they charge 10 quid to do so.

Its the reason I refuse to fly with them. My wife is not good on planes, and they do this shit so we pay to sit together.  Don't do it anymore.

• Like 1

They have prices no one can touch

This week it's £25 each to copenhagen, my flight for 1 night for the cup final was £20

Booked to fly home mid March, £120 dusseldorf to brum return with flybe, if I could be bothered to fly from cologne to Stansted and take the piss out of my mom picking me up its a quarter of the price 

They changed the bag policy to make money, they've changed the seat allocation to make money, its like everytime I've got my head around them they move the goalposts to make themselves worse 

I actually think they changed the bag policy to make it deliberately more complicated so more people would turn up with the wrong baggage allowance and have to pay more on the day.

That they still call it "priority boarding", when 90% of the people on the flight have bought it because it means they get a proper carry on bag, is hilarious.

I still can't figure out how to book a flight with 2 people where only 1 of you is priority

I have to add it as an extra via the app after making the original booking 

Also keep your duty free carrier bags, a lot of europes airports use the same company, if you haven't got bag space use them and the flight crew don't check (can't guarantee that works but it has for me) at brum Airport you can do it with a boots carrier bag too

Edited by villa4europe

12 hours ago, Xela said:

Used Ryanair once. Never again. 

I used them once, too. It was absolutely fine. Leeds to Biarritz, 80p each way. With taxes, etc., £15 total. 

Â