Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

19 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Woman at work had her baby 4 weeks early yesterday.

That doesn't piss me off.

What pisses me off is her surname is Hay.

And they've named the baby Jude.

I haven't' made this up

This took me a lot longer than I'd like to admit.  I kept thinking "what's wrong with Jude Hay? Jew Day?" 5 minutes later "What am I missi... ah..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, BOF said:

This took me a lot longer than I'd like to admit.  I kept thinking "what's wrong with Jude Hay? Jew Day?" 5 minutes later "What am I missi... ah..."

Took me 20 hours.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

My wife has a new phone. Therefore she has to have a new handbag.

Which to me looks exactly the same as her other ten handbags. 

Somebody explain women to me. 

Hormones, emotions and a complete lack of rationality under any situation.

Would be my best description anyway.

• Like 1

There's a Romanian woman at work who speaks pretty much perfect English, it's just every now and then she may pronounce a word slightly differently or get some wording slightly wrong.

She was telling us about something this morning when she said " I was sat in my sofa..". This made the two women either side of her scream with laughter and interrupt to explain, "You don't sit in a sofa, you sit on a sofa!".

I don't think they mean to take the piss, they're trying to laugh along with her, but this happens 2 or 3 times a day.

I can tell it's starting to wind this woman up and she's said a few times "I want to hear you two speak Romanian."

Another one this afternoon was "I was putting on the make up" followed by "Pwahahaha, I think you mean, 'I was putting on my make up'".

26 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

My wife has a new phone. Therefore she has to have a new handbag.

Which to me looks exactly the same as her other ten handbags. 

Somebody explain women to me. 

They're all secret service, most courier high level secret sh1t in the bags, most exchanges happen in the loo.

A few things pissing me off today. This one’s standard.

I’m having a TV delivered this afternoon. I got an email a few days ago saying it’ll arrive between 3pm -7pm. Fine. My mom very kindly offered to wait at ours whilst we’re at work.

I got a phone call from the delivery bloke at 11:50am saying it’s going to be delivered between 12pm and 2pm.

12 o’clock was 10 minutes away so he must know he’s not about to deliver it, surely? Otherwise why call?

Anyway, my moms rushed to mine to get there for 12. It’s 2pm now and still no TV. 

Here’s another one. A work email at 11:30 explaining that they’re selling pancakes for £1 on pancake day for charity.

”please let us know how many you would like by 1pm today!”

Bit eager seen as it’s 3 weeks away but whatever. 

“please reply even if you don’t want any so we don’t have to keep chasing you”

Absolutely bonkers.

12:45, I have a woman come over to my desk to ask if I want any pancakes, because I haven’t replied to the email. 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

This definitely should piss me off, but I appear to have sprained my ankle in my sleep (?) or something.

Now been sat in a & e for an hour, bored out of my mind 

EDIT: actually a genuinely annoying thing is that I was given a card by the receptionist telling me to go to a website on my phone to check whether I should actually be here, but then she booked me in any way, and then having signed up for this stupid website I realise it's data harvesting for a private healthcare provider called babylon health, so that seems cool and like a good thing that should be happening in an NHS hospital 

Edited by HanoiVillan

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

A bloke I work with is in a band, at xmas he got his 29th guitar (For the sake of clarity thats 29 that he currently has)

Oh, indeed. I know a guy like that. He's still married, too. Amazing. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Now been sat in a & e for an hour, bored out of my mind 

EDIT: actually a genuinely annoying thing is that I was given a card by the receptionist telling me to go to a website on my phone to check whether I should actually be here, but then she booked me in any way, and then having signed up for this stupid website I realise it's data harvesting for a private healthcare provider called babylon health, so that seems cool and like a good thing that should be happening in an NHS hospital 

Report to ICO, if it uses any data against your consent or if they require your consent to the processing to use the app in the first place, it's illegal

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

There's a Romanian woman at work who speaks pretty much perfect English, it's just every now and then she may pronounce a word slightly differently or get some wording slightly wrong.

You know the drill :

download.png

Â