Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:
1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Us baldies aren't that lucky.

A week after my "haircut" I look scruffy. Two weeks is my absolute limit. When you're follicly challenged hair tends to grow at different speeds so a few weeks without a haircut makes you look like you've been pulling it out in chunks

I'm struggling to face up to the reality that this needs to be my life from now on. 

Have you ever tried doing your own? 

You won't get the intricate bits right.  You'll get the hair off the top, but you won't get the shape of the neck or any of the other bits (around ear etc).  The problem with being folically challenged is it still grows normally in most of the other parts of the head.  It's just the pattern that has stopped.  And as Stevo says, after a week it has gone from tidy to fluffy/untidy and has effectively doubled (or more) in length.  Where longer haircuts can get away with hiding far more.  It's our cross to bare bear.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BOF said:

You won't get the intricate bits right.  You'll get the hair off the top, but you won't get the shape of the neck or any of the other bits (around ear etc).  The problem with being folically challenged is it still grows normally in most of the other parts of the head.  It's just the pattern that has stopped.  And as Stevo says, after a week it has gone from tidy to fluffy/untidy and has effectively doubled (or more) in length.  Where longer haircuts can get away with hiding far more.  It's our cross to bare bear.

I don't 'like' that, but that is my fear. I might try to get my wife to learn off YouTube videos or something. I can't really afford to go to the barbers every fortnight. 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm struggling to face up to the reality that this needs to be my life from now on. 

Have you ever tried doing your own? 

Oh yeah, most of the time I do. Occasionally I'll go to the barber if it's particularly long for them to do a proper job and tidy it up.

To be fair I think the main reason I go is because they have an awesome little dog there and I get to play with it while I wait

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

a bit late to this but it reminded  me ... often when I'm working late the cleaner turns up at the office , to say she could talk for England is an understatement , nice enough woman and I don't mind a  few minutes but sometimes I get the full its a miracle I'm still alive treatment    .. thus quite often I send a Help text to Mrs h29 from under my desk for her to call me  , she knows a incoherent text from me  is either " I'm pissed come check the ditches in the area"  , or "rescue me from the cleaner"   ..... Mrs H then rings and I have to pretend that I'm late for something and have to run  ..cleaning lady probably goes home thinking I'm a scatter brain whose always late and forgets stuff but its a small price to pay !!

so , maybe I'm not the only one who pulls this stunt  ...just saying :)

30 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Folically challenged? STFU slap head(s)! 

*follicly

I may have lost the ability to grow a full head of hair, but at least I have the ability to spell.

Yes I'm aware follicly isn't a real word so the spelling of it probably doesn't matter. Wanna fight about it?

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

*follicly

I may have lost the ability to grow a full head of hair, but at least I have the ability to spell.

Yes I'm aware follicly isn't a real word so the spelling of it probably doesn't matter. Wanna fight about it?

I also copy pasted what BOF said after I googled nothing :crylaugh:  

51 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't 'like' that, but that is my fear. I might try to get my wife to learn off YouTube videos or something. I can't really afford to go to the barbers every fortnight. 

You'll be able to do the bulk of it. Just ask your other half to do the bits round the edges. It's easy enough doing it on someone else.

Takes me about 10 mins to do my own hair, and then 30 seconds for my OH to tidy it up round the edges

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

This is the best thing I've ever bought, for my bonce. Very sharp and wide. Can zero my head in about 5 minutes. You grip it differently (sort of like holding a tennis ball) and just zip it around. 

4123770_R_Z001A.jpeg.a7ca5caf6862c1cd8a99492773ea1979.jpeg

For a second I thought that was a cool robot helmet thing you stick your head in and it gives you a haircut.  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Bizarrely whenever I read a post by @chrisp65 I hear it in the voice of Cerys Matthews from Catatonia (apologies Chris!) 

I’ll take that all day long!

I’m not rrrroad rrrrage though, I’m caaaar paaaaark.

But Cerys is my one I’ve got agreed with the missus. Cerys comes knocking, I’m out of there. Live together as long as is legally required for me to get half the record collection, then back home to the missus. All agreed up front.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Never seen more than about three minutes' worth of Fools and Horses, either. 

Always thought it was vastly overrated. 

Its ok and the characters are likeable, but talked up way too much

5 hours ago, Xela said:

Always thought it was vastly overrated. 

Its ok and the characters are likeable, but talked up way too much

Its a successful show of course VT is gonna hate it :)

It’s well written and has some great gags and characters ...script wise in almost the first episode they make reference to something that makes them millionaires 20 odd years later , Sullivan clearly had a path for the series ... the only real blight was the Miami Xmas special where Del has a mobster look alike 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Woman at work had her baby 4 weeks early yesterday.

That doesn't piss me off.

What pisses me off is her surname is Hay.

And they've named the baby Jude.

I haven't' made this up

I'd report her to social services for excessive child cruelty

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Oh boy, I can see it coming if you ask in the wrong week

D433F5C7-BB11-4C8A-8147-27B99FCF37E4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â