Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

17 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Must say in regards top 10 of annoying shit, my mother's tactic in getting her way is really up there. Basically she asks for help now and then. I try and fix whatever. If it doesn't happen when she expects it to, she basically goes into ignore mode like a 13 year old. Then it's no point trying to have a talk or anything. Then a few weeks go by and she starts taking contact again. Normally by my father sending a few "testing the water" texts first. Just so god damn draining. 

Just stop responding to your dad's 'test the water' texts, and cut off contact for a bit. 

Assuming you're an adult with a job and your parents are retired, they need you more than you need them, whatever they may pretend otherwise. 

the bus passenger behind last night. It's a full 30 minute on the bus for us from town back to our stop, and within a few seconds of taking our seats we both knew it would be ear-gratingly awful. This individual a couple of seats behind us, was doing that "empty" cough for want of a better way of saying it, every 3 -5 seconds, sometimes 10 seconds, which gave us a beacon of hope she'd stopped. Now we all can have annoying tickles or sniffles at inconvient moments, but most self-aware non-arseholes try to limit the annoyance, by either going for a big attempt at clearing out the irritation or at least trying to minimise the spread. Not this woman. She just sat there, open mouthed making this empty cough constantly. Clearly didn't give a shit. No covering up with hands etc. It did my head in, it was so, f**king annoying. I think we'd been primed to be irritated as in the cinema, a mostly empty cinema screening, there were 3 other people, two of whom has walked in late, phones, out and started having a conversation - at normal loud volume - no effort to even be quiet about, just having a casual catch up for 5 minutes. Never had I wanted control of an ejector seat more... until the bus journey.

People, christ.

8 minutes ago, Rodders said:

a mostly empty cinema screening, there were 3 other people, two of whom has walked in late, phones, out and started having a conversation

Was at the cinema last night  , our screening was pretty much full  ... 10 mins in 2 people come in , go to their seats and find people already sitting there  ... there were 2 empty seats at the end of the row, so they could have just taken them and be done with but no , they stood there saying these are our seats and making a big fuss blocking the view for a lot of people  ... the 2 people sitting down to their credit said take the seats we will move so everyone can enjoy the film

few minutes later the 2 late comers walked out  ... seems the had the wrong film 

People , Christ  indeed  , sometimes i think American postman have the right idea

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I rarely travel by train but couple of weeks ago decided to take a train into Birmingham with the kids. I remembered why I don't do it very often.

Had to stand both ways. On the return it was next to the incredibly smelly toilet.

What pissed me off the most is that on both legs I arrived at the platform in plenty of time to try and get a seat, but both times when the train stopped we were exactly half way between 2 doors so got on last. The people who arrived 10 seconds before the train came in cruised straight into so nice seats with a table.

6 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

This just happened. I went to a barber for my fortnightly haircut, its zero all over, I know its not really a haircut its effectively getting rid of the stubble. So the guy does a good job, I get up to pay and the **** arsehole says working or pension? I think did I hear that right as he is from kazakstan, so I say pardon, he repeats, working or pension. I am **** 49. I even tipped him after that.

That's like the time I was charged the pensioner's price for fish and chips when I was 50. My biggest mistake was telling the kids about it - they ripped the piss out of me for years afterwards. 

Now I'm entitled to it, I have to ask. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

The BBC Sounds app. Replaced the perfectly fine Radio iPlayer, and it's a mess. A definite downgrade. 

Yep, agree completely. It is much harder to find the content you want. They also used to split out sessions from the shows and they no longer do that so you have to listen to a whole show to hear the session you want to listen to.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

I rarely travel by train but couple of weeks ago decided to take a train into Birmingham with the kids. I remembered why I don't do it very often.

Had to stand both ways. On the return it was next to the incredibly smelly toilet.

What pissed me off the most is that on both legs I arrived at the platform in plenty of time to try and get a seat, but both times when the train stopped we were exactly half way between 2 doors so got on last. The people who arrived 10 seconds before the train came in cruised straight into so nice seats with a table.

Thats experience that is, knowing where the doors to the carriages will be located

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

handy tip ..look at the yellow stand behind the platform edge lines on the platform  and places where the line is most worn away are where the doors will be when the train comes in

you're welcome

Edited by tonyh29
  • Thanks 1

@tonyh29 worst one I had was when in the way out of the office I said goodbye to an ex colleague that always worked late (didn’t normally start to 11:30).

I ended up standing there for 40 minutes while he told me a story about the time he was telling a taxi driver a story about a story he told another taxi driver before. It was like inception for dullards.

• Haha 2

Just now, tonyh29 said:

handy tip ..look at the yellow lines on the platform and places where the line is most worn away are where the doors will be when the train comes in

you're welcome

Wouldn't work on the Northern Line in Liverpool as the door locations depend on if its a 3 or 6 car service. And the buggers are introducing new trains which are 4 car this year, Sods

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

DOES. NOT. COMPUTE.

If my haircut doesn't last me as least three months I feel cheated

Us baldies aren't that lucky.

A week after my "haircut" I look scruffy. Two weeks is my absolute limit. When you're follicly challenged hair tends to grow at different speeds so a few weeks without a haircut makes you look like you've been pulling it out in chunks

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Wouldn't work on the Northern Line in Liverpool as the door locations depend on if its a 3 or 6 car service. And the buggers are introducing new trains which are 4 car this year, Sods

Thought you was going to say  it wouldn't work in Liverpool because someone would have stolen the paint off the platform  :)

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Genie said:

Again I must be lucky as the train I get from Sutton is always half empty. And they come every 10 minutes.

One thing that always annoys me about train, why can't they run some at night. Not loads. Just like one or two.

I'm sure there's a perfectly valid reason, but the odd train coming out of Birmingham at 2 or 3 in the morning would be very handy

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Again I must be lucky as the train I get from Sutton is always half empty. And they come every 10 minutes.

The train into B'ham was the first of the day on a Sunday so it was busy (10:40). Maybe later ones would have been quieter. Certainly unlucky coming back as I stood and looked both ways and I was exactly in the middle with a herd of people pushing through both doors.

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm sure there's a perfectly valid reason, but the odd train coming out of Birmingham at 2 or 3 in the morning would be very handy

I think it could possibly be noise on homes in the middle of the night but I'm not sure.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bickster said:

DOES. NOT. COMPUTE.

If my haircut doesn't last me as least three months I feel cheated

I could in theory go 3 months, but would end up looking like Mick Miller. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Us baldies aren't that lucky.

A week after my "haircut" I look scruffy. Two weeks is my absolute limit. When you're follicly challenged hair tends to grow at different speeds so a few weeks without a haircut makes you look like you've been pulling it out in chunks

I'm struggling to face up to the reality that this needs to be my life from now on. 

Have you ever tried doing your own? 

• Like 1

Â