Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

The one on the left is definitely Pauline Quirk, now that's one bumhole I wouldn't want to play around with

The one in the middle is literally a dog whose name seems to begin with W

The one on the right I can't make out at all

I dunno, I heard Pauline Quirk does turds of a feather.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Those little illuminated open / closed led signs in small shops and cafes.

Open is in red, closed is in green.

That absolutely hurts every time I see it.

Never seen such things. But I agree, the colours are the wrong way round. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Never seen such things. But I agree, the colours are the wrong way round. 

71Kindc3gYL._SX466_.jpg

it might be that I'm sensitive now I've seen them and I see them everywhere - but they are everywhere south of midlands for definite, every town that has those mini market shops rammed full of everything, every independent cafe on the side of bus station or crappy shopping centre

apologies if you now start noticing them

1 hour ago, BOF said:

That **** British Heart Foundation ad with the yappy kid who goes on and on and on. 

On adverts, Nationwide seem to keep finding really annoying **** to sing songs and read poems. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Genie said:

On adverts, Nationwide seem to keep finding really annoying **** to sing songs and read poems. 

Oh the poem ones. They're absolute arse water too. Pretentious cockwombles.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Genie said:

Halifax using characters like the Flintstones and Top Cat. 

**** off trying to be cool, you're a bank that nearly went bankrupt. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

Sensationalism in newspapers. Like this garbage

Paedophile ex-soccer star Adam Johnson swaggers free after serving his time – wearing a £100,000 designer watch.

Despite his three years behind bars, our exclusive pictures show Johnson, 31, still loves footballers’ trademark bling.

He sported a luxury Richard Mille timepiece – one of the most expensive on the planet – to take the dogs for a walk.

Even the Fresh Ego Kids tracksuit bottoms he pulled on for a stroll through fields with sister Faye, 25, were worth £100.

A source said: “To look at Johnson now, you’d never know he’d been inside. His victim’s family will be horrified to see him flaunting his wealth like this.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/freed-paedophile-adam-johnson-flashes-14210878

He's walking a dog... no 'flaunting' or 'swaggering' involved. Plus he's not technically a paedophile either.

6 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

On the subject of bank adverts -

Crockett’s theme, flirty looks with the girl in the office, young men in giant suits....it peaked in the early 90’s...

Sad thing is, banks used to be in grand old buildings like that and have loads of staff. Now they are as soulless as a Burger King and only have about 3 full time staff. All the old banks are now cocktail bars!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BOF said:

Oh the poem ones. They're absolute arse water too. Pretentious cockwombles.

Yep. The latest one in the florist shop was filmed over the road from the garage my brother works at just up from cocks moor woods leisure centre. He said they all looked like painfully serious drama club types. They are just lucky no toothless vagrants from the nob pub walked past and ruined it for them.

Liz Kershaw, annoyingly mildly racist and talentless but she went to new lengths yesterday morning filling in the RadMac slot. She really should be moved from 6Music, she doesn't remotely fit the station's profile

She described what a jukebox was for the listeners as if none of them were likely to know as they were relics from a far gone time

She insisted more than once that no good music came from Liverpool in the '70s (Then played Deaf School)

She asked some people the night before what was their favourite Liverpool band (so she could play a song on her Liverpool Jukebox in the morning), one couple both told her their favourite band was the Bunnymen, so she insisted on playing The Teardrop Explodes for them (bearing in mind this was recorded the night before), another person wanted China Crisis "African and White", she didn't know that one and they didn't have it, get to f*** you stupid bitch, it's probably their best-known song and Radio Merseyside will doubtless have a copy and I still refuse to believe the BBC don't just have a digital copy of it, she insisted on playing King in a Catholic Style

Going back to the seventies thing, someone suggested You to Me Are Everything by The Real Thing, she refused to play that because she once got evacuated to the roof a long gone nightclub during a bomb alert in the '70s, moaned like shit about it and then said Liverpool got a lot of IRA bomb threats back then (It didn't, it was particularly well known for not getting any real ones)

Her interview of BODEGA consisted of her telling the brand of cheap Rioja she likes and describing a toilet, the band must have thought they were tripping.

That was all in the hour I managed to get through until I just had to switch it off for my own sanity. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Liz Kershaw, annoyingly mildly racist and talentless but she went to new lengths yesterday morning filling in the RadMac slot. She really should be moved from 6Music, she doesn't remotely fit the station's profile

She described what a jukebox was for the listeners as if none of them were likely to know as they were relics from a far gone time

She insisted more than once that no good music came from Liverpool in the '70s (Then played Deaf School)

She asked some people the night before what was their favourite Liverpool band (so she could play a song on her Liverpool Jukebox in the morning), one couple both told her their favourite band was the Bunnymen, so she insisted on playing The Teardrop Explodes for them (bearing in mind this was recorded the night before), another person wanted China Crisis "African and White", she didn't know that one and they didn't have it, get to f*** you stupid bitch, it's probably their best-known song and Radio Merseyside will doubtless have a copy and I still refuse to believe the BBC don't just have a digital copy of it, she insisted on playing King in a Catholic Style

Going back to the seventies thing, someone suggested You to Me Are Everything by The Real Thing, she refused to play that because she once got evacuated to the roof a long gone nightclub during a bomb alert in the '70s, moaned like shit about it and then said Liverpool got a lot of IRA bomb threats back then (It didn't, it was particularly well known for not getting any real ones)

Her interview of BODEGA consisted of her telling the brand of cheap Rioja she likes and describing a toilet, the band must have thought they were tripping.

That was all in the hour I managed to get through until I just had to switch it off for my own sanity. 

Sounds very...

1501833922-steve-coogan-as-alan-partridg

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Neighbours with whiney brats that impersonate ambulance sirens. Just **** off the lot of ya.

Been said before here multiple times, but parents who can't control their kids in pubs/restaurants. Was tucking into my breakfast in the boozer today and it was naturally busier than normal, being Mother's day, but the number of kids shouting, screaming and stamping was crazy. Default response from the parents was either to smile like dippit words removed or shove a smartphone/tablet into the little monsters fat hands to subdue them. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 3

Â