Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

32 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Once we’ve cleared that one up, I think we should take on “misery loves kompany” (spoiler alert, I believe the expression was first used in a VT match day thread)

Interesting, I had assumed it was a citeh forum, but I admit your belief is more plausible 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, il_serpente said:

You've been posting a lot lately and I'm getting tired of reading your drivel. 😉

Well played.

However it would be my verbose drivel that is the issue, not familiarity itself.

The fact that I am not in the slightest bit bothered with a Villa loss anymore, had this before when we were in the Premier and getting spanked every week. Lost all interest 

Its now happened again, mathematically we have something to play for but realistically not. Football has not been the be all and all that it used to be for a few years but I am now at the point where I genuinely don't care. I am much more bothered whether my sausages get overcooked on my breakfast, haven't been to a game now in the best part of 3 months and haven't missed it at all. Been to watch my local team a few times and honestly get more enjoyment out of it, its 5 minutes away and considerably cheaper.

Hopefully the interest comes back next season 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Waiting for a phone call most of the day, then after waiting for hours when you need to make another phone call you hear a beep on the phone that someone is trying to get through! Grrrr

Worst.

1 hour ago, bickster said:

He'd have to be familiar with your verbose drivel in order to find it contemptible

Not necessarily. People treat other people with disdain all the time without much thought.

Regardless, the familiarity by itself is not the cause for his contempt, it's my inability to write with brevity.

13 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Worst.

Not necessarily. People treat other people with disdain all the time without much thought.

Regardless, the familiarity by itself is not the cause for his contempt, it's my inability to write with brevity.

After a bit of thought, I've determined that I have no disdain for you after all.   😜

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

The fact that I am not in the slightest bit bothered with a Villa loss anymore, had this before when we were in the Premier and getting spanked every week. Lost all interest 

Its now happened again, mathematically we have something to play for but realistically not. Football has not been the be all and all that it used to be for a few years but I am now at the point where I genuinely don't care. I am much more bothered whether my sausages get overcooked on my breakfast, haven't been to a game now in the best part of 3 months and haven't missed it at all. Been to watch my local team a few times and honestly get more enjoyment out of it, its 5 minutes away and considerably cheaper.

Yup.

Found out last nights result at about 11pm. Just checked on the BBC. Had no feeling towards the result. Shows I don't really care! 

I hope we do well but if we don't, i'm not going to give it a second thought. 

22 minutes ago, Xela said:

Yup.

Found out last nights result at about 11pm. Just checked on the BBC. Had no feeling towards the result. Shows I don't really care! 

I hope we do well but if we don't, i'm not going to give it a second thought. 

Slowly getting this way for me.

Endured too much shite from this club now since 2010 to last a life time.

Started before we were even relegated. I haven't actually watched a full game of football in years

27 minutes ago, Xela said:

Found out last nights result at about 11pm

There was a game last night? I'm serious by the way, I didn't know until I read your post. I still can't be bothered to find out what happened

the problem for me is the knowledge that if we did well in the championship, even got promoted, we have a couple of shit to look forward to in the prem

i can accept that wolves fans are having a great time with what they've done but at some point its stopping and they'll just join the rest of the nothing teams doing nothing every season, would be interested to know what everton fans think of football at the moment, its just become utterly pointless

its not villa and us being shit, football has just died off 

23 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Things that piss me off that shouldn't?  The fact that some usernames are an earworm.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, limpid said:

People talking about football in Off topic.

Ah, but talking about football in Off Topic is, by definition, off-topic for Off Topic, and therefore is on-topic, which means it's not off-topic, so perhaps it shouldn't be, but on the other hand... (cont. p. 94). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, but he's entitled to moan about people filing footy stuff in off topic as it's off topic for off topic, in that he's moaning about it in a thread where you know it's stuff you shouldn't be moaning about it.

So he's legitimately moaning about something which is legitimately here.

If anything, I'm the imposter, I'm perfectly content.

• Like 2

Â