Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

15 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

These guys are just at the level of your average idiot PT at your local gym, no real knowledge of nutrition science, no knowledge of sports science, no knowledge of biochemistry, no real knowledge of anything. The problem is that the cause a lot of harm since they are 'influencers' and actually hold some level of sway among their audience.

I often wonder if these words removed know how much they don’t know and shamelessly lie to their audience, or if they have convinced themselves that they have all the answers and spout their bullshit through blind confidence. I’m not sure which is worse to be honest. 

2 minutes ago, JB said:

I often wonder if these words removed know how much they don’t know and shamelessly lie to their audience, or if they have convinced themselves that they have all the answers and spout their bullshit through blind confidence. I’m not sure which is worse to be honest. 

I think it's the latter.  The self-confidence and hubris is through the roof and they genuinely believe they know what they're talking about.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BOF said:
11 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Heard a Radio 4 feature the other day about the anti-vaccination nonsense, and they had a doctor and a research scientist explaining in the clearest possible way why vaccination is not harmful, and how dangerous not vaccinating is. The presenter then said they'd had phone calls from listeners claiming that the programme was 'unbalanced', and how they should give equal time to the 'other side of the debate'. FFS. 

Brilliant :lol:  Yes, after the break we interview a homeopath who doesn't think the doctor or the research scientist are correct.

They should just flat out mock the suggestion.  "We here at the BBC value balance and impartiality, so having spent 10 minutes interviewing people who know what they're talking about, and due to popular demand, we will now spend 10 minutes talking to someone who hasn't got a clue".

36 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

The amount of people who think they're 'fitness' experts because they have some Instagram followers and regularly take pics with virtually no clothes on and in the same ridiculous poses. Pathetic.

People who know there are people who think they're fitness experts because they've seen the instagrams and haven't wondered why they are looking at them in the first place :mrgreen:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

People who don't add an even number of x's and o's at the end of a post :bang::mrgreen:

The Xs are there to keep the Os in place. If there wasn't an X on each end, then the O would roll away when you moved your phone/iPad.

xoxox

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, BOF said:

They should just flat out mock the suggestion.  "We here at the BBC value balance and impartiality, so having spent 10 minutes interviewing people who know what they're talking about, and due to popular demand, we will now spend 10 minutes talking to someone who hasn't got a clue".

To be fair, they put the complaint to the doctor, who quipped "Well, we would give time to the case against - but there IS no case against".   :)

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, BOF said:

I think you would raise Barry Took from the dead

39 minutes ago, BOF said:

Brilliant :lol:  Yes, after the break we interview a homeopath who doesn't think the doctor or the research scientist are correct.

And given them a tiny fraction of the time allowed to anyone else so as to increase the 'potency' of their argument.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, BOF said:

People who don't scroll the webpage back to the top for the next person once they're finished reading it.

This reminded me... people who don't refill the kettle in work once they've used it, takes seconds but I haven't got to wait for the neolithic kettle to reboil

6 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

These guys are just at the level of your average idiot PT at your local gym, no real knowledge of nutrition science, no knowledge of sports science, no knowledge of biochemistry, no real knowledge of anything. The problem is that the cause a lot of harm since they are 'influencers' and actually hold some level of sway among their audience.

I assumed the only reason men were PT's at gyms is for the access to women and to attempt to shag them! You wouldn't do it for a career would you?

• Haha 1

The adage, "familiarity breeds contempt".

It's ridiculous. It's mistaken. IT'S WRONG I TELLS YA!

If you're a c***, take me for granted or can't honour the relationship, then perhaps I might choose to spend my time elsewhere.

But to suggest that familiarity alone is the culprit for someone choosing to regard another person with contempt is nonsense.

5 hours ago, A'Villan said:

If you're a c***, take me for granted or can't honour the relationship, then perhaps I might choose to spend my time elsewhere.

But to suggest that familiarity alone is the culprit for someone choosing to regard another person with contempt is nonsense.

You've been posting a lot lately and I'm getting tired of reading your drivel. 😉

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, A'Villan said:

That's not what it means. The saying originates from the British upper (sic) classes referring to servants. It advises that the domestic staff should be 'kept in their place' - treating them like friends would just mean that they would consider you a soft touch, and lose their 'respect for their betters'. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

That's not what it means. The saying originates from the British upper (sic) classes referring to servants. It advises that the domestic staff should be 'kept in their place' - treating them like friends would just mean that they would consider you a soft touch, and lose their 'respect for their betters'. 

Is that where it comes from? Didn’t know that.

These days it does just mean knowing someone or spending a lot of time with them can be irritating, doesn’t it?

Once we’ve cleared that one up, I think we should take on “misery loves company” (spoiler alert, I believe the expression was first used in a VT match day thread).

• Like 2

Â